jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Sola Akingbola @ Tiata Delight, Almeida Theatre, London

View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 09:30    Reply with quote

Sola Akingbola @ Tiata Delight, Almeida Theatre, London
Sola performed on 2nd August 2008 (his birthday!) as the last act at the Tiata Delight festival in the Almeida Theatre in London.

I was so lucky to get tickets in the sold out venue and I went there with my family, Sandra and Daniela.

As it was a festival with different Artists, Sola didn't perform a complete gig, but it was great to see him on stage performing with so much energy and passion! It was a great evening which we will always remember!! Very Happy

Here are some pics:

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (75540 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (81858 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (90034 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (61393 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (61560 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (65148 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (96395 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (112607 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (84349 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (116364 KB) is 850 x 478 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 09:48    Reply with quote

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (102793 KB) is 425 x 567 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (127137 KB) is 709 x 531 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (122581 KB) is 709 x 531 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (47496 KB) is 425 x 567 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (101006 KB) is 709 x 531 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (91709 KB) is 800 x 600 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 09:59    Reply with quote

yeah it was totally incredible!!! a concert full of diversity..
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (56356 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
i don´t know all the names of the instruments the guys were playing Confused some of them i have never seen before!!!
will try to find out!

here some pics dani and me took..

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (44285 KB) is 453 x 604 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (44666 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (16395 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
(i totally liked the building)

the concert was about to start 9 pm ..we were already there at 7:30 of course..we waited in front of the entry door ...(dont´know if that makes sense now but i don´t know how write it else-->)..the funny thing is that about half an hour before the concert they put this rope as a boarder around us..but they also didn´t tell us to go away!! ahhaha
we were caught! ahhaha
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (40685 KB) is 453 x 604 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (45576 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (54006 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

solas performance was....NOT AS I HAD EXPECTED!!!
he had this totally cool white clothes on and he was singing..and dancing and it was just a pleasure to see him kinda exploding on stage!! he didn´t play on the bongos or so..he just had a little percussion instrument in his hands...i have to say again..his singing was totally amazing...
he was just like 2 meters away from us..totally thrilling..i have never been THAT close..just TOTALLY mad experience for me ..
after the show he came out and i had my first " talk" with a bandmember of jamiroquai in my life Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
we bought a cd there and luckily meike had a pencil for sola so that he could sign them!!
*excitement overkill!!!*

we told him that there will be loads of us in ahaus and he mean he will look out for us! HAHAH

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (31428 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (32120 KB) is 453 x 604 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
(sandra a bit happy after the chat with sola)
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (55027 KB) is 604 x 453 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

what a night Very Happy

Rocco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:35    Reply with quote

Wicked! Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/david_rocco_ranalli

funkynicki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 19:33    Reply with quote

GREATTTT!!!! Thanks for the reviews and pic´s Laughing good

monisum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 20:09    Reply with quote

Thank you so much Meike and Sandra for these pics and reviews good

Such great pics of Sola Exclamation Normally you only get his head behind the bongos Wink Laughing

Wonderful for the boys, that they were allowed to get in too, Meike Very Happy
I hope they enjoyed the music and perfomance 2listen

2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes 2goodvibes

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 21:15    Reply with quote

Quote:
Normally you only get his head behind the bongos

Laughing
I was just thinkin the same looking at these great images hehehhh!
thx u for them and the review!
Smile

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54    Reply with quote

Very Happy Wonderful review and pictures. I was especially happy that fans were going to be able to support and see Sola in his natural element, representing his heritage and just feelin' the vibe!

I am so happy the boys and Miran got to experience this as well Meike.

Sandra - such a cute emotion about talking to a member of Jamiroquai.

Thank you all so much for sharing this with us. I am gutted that I have not gotten to see Sola perform Sola yet...but I know for sure...my time is coming Razz

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 20:50    Reply with quote

as u can see we had seats...but at the last tune the whole crowd got up and started dancing..it was sooo cool!!!!!!

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Bandmembers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: