jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

PLEASE SEND NEW QUESTIONS IN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Notjustbonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 01:34    Reply with quote

Some fan ones...

It's been 9 years since A Funk Odyssey and 11 since Synkronized. Although this may seem foolish to ask, is there ever going to be a time when the original A Funk Odyssey recordings and the original Synkronized recordings become available for purchase?

Is there a possibility of the lyrics and music (written material) of any unreleased Jamiroquai material being released for other artists to cover?

Why has "Where Do We Go From Here?" never been played live since its release on Synkronized eleven years ago?

Due to the popularity of Jamiroquai's live performances, is there a possibility that a future album may be a live recording from a concert on CD? (I see a good marketing possibility here. Partially due to the popularity of Jamiroquai's live performances and the amount of gigs Jamiroquai performs.)

Is Jamiroquai going to release an LP for Rock Dust Light Star?

Are there going to be any special releases for Rock Dust Light Star?

How much material (finished and unfinished songs) was left on the cutting room floor (or the musical equivalent of) from Rock Dust Light Star?

Will Natural Energy every be re-released?

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 20:27    Reply with quote

Hey Jamily,
great, so many good questions... it was hard to choose but I did a selection and prepared 5 questions for each bandmember (Derrick, Rob, Matt, Sola and Paul). Let's see what will come back. 2scratchchin

Don't be sad if not all questions made the final selection. I'll keep them in mind for the next round. Very Happy

Greetings to all......

Meike

Alyx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:44    Reply with quote

My question
It is question for Jay Kay:

When you could take time back (sorry i dunno how to say it in english) for what you will decide - be a singer or a car racer?

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 16:53    Reply with quote

Re: My question
Alyx wrote:
It is question for Jay Kay:

When you could take time back (sorry i dunno how to say it in english) for what you will decide - be a singer or a car racer?

hum.. WTF MAN! he have 7 studio albums released! I think he already decided what he want to be.

dannyev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 22:38    Reply with quote

Though I wold chip in with a few questions:

With Jay saying on Radio 1 recently that there will be 12 tracks on the album (13 on the Japanese edition) whereas there are 19 in the bag, will the other tracks be made available as B-Sides at some point?

After the way in which Dynamite was recorded, have the band found the more organic approach to Rock Dust Light Star's recording more enjoyable?

Now that the band has a begun a new chapter with a new record label, is there an aim to have a more frequent output of new material? (as opposed to 4 years between albums 5 and 6 and 5 years between albums 6 and 7)

Many thanks to the bandmembers for any responses to our questions Smile

Zsoma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:40    Reply with quote

I've got two more:

What about soundtracks, does the band receive any request nowadays to write a song for a specific movie? Deeper Underground was one of your biggest hit, Everybody's going to the moon was a great track as well (although it didn't get to a wider audience) and listening to Main Vein I always thought the song had a James Bond vibe in it and you SHOULD be asked to compose a "title" track for the next Bond movie!

Do you plan to surprise fans with more life on the road footages to give more insight about touring/songwriting/recording? This WKR Montage is absolutely superb, loved the short video on Live In Verona DVD and about the South American tour in 2006 as well!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 05:44    Reply with quote

UPDATE:

As I have told you the other day, questions to all bandmembers are out - the last weeks I was waiting for response.
Now Matt dropped me a message and appologised for not getting back to me sooner, but "he wanted to keep his head down a bit with the way the fans are feeling at the moment"...

He also said:
"I would love to answer your questions but I feel it's just a little early at the moment. If you don't mind, contact me again a little nearer the release date, that would be cool.
I feel once everyone has heard the whole album they will feel differently about the new stuff, but we'll see.."

Good news in his private life - he and his wife have a lovely little baby girl called Rose. 5rose 5heartbeat

Just wanted to keep you updated on this. They seem to be aware of the negative feedback, or lets say the controversial discussions. That explains the recent silence...

Meike

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 09:02    Reply with quote

Matt's message saddens me. I only wish them well. It really gives food for thought...

Zsoma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 13:50    Reply with quote

That's an interesting piece of information Meike, thanks for sharing - although for example sharing the reason behind the release of Blue Skies as the 1st single would help us understand the decision. I feel there's a misunderstanding between the band's communication on "going back to the roots" and our interpretation and maybe answering some of our questions would get us closer to the big picture.

But anyway as Jay said: "it will all make sense in November"...

russky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:08    Reply with quote

im sure the album will be fine as we have said but i just want to echo everyone elses confusion over the selection of this first single. It really baffles me? Confused

I don't mind the track that much but as i have said - it should be a no.11 on the album but maybe the videos will tell the story Question

Musicholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:29    Reply with quote

I still have faith in RDLS and believe it will be a lot better than dynamite
I just wish we didn't have to wait till november but i guess thats just part of the waiting game Razz
i guess we also have to wait for our questions to be answered once RDLS is released but thats ok

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:31    Reply with quote

Musicholic wrote:
I still have faith in RDLS and believe it will be a lot better than dynamite
I just wish we didn't have to wait till november but i guess thats just part of the waiting game Razz
i guess we also have to wait for our questions to be answered once RDLS is released but thats ok

Yeah, but by then I'm gonna have a lot of new questions, and most of this ones will be 'old'.

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 16:33    Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Meike good

A clever response from Matt! I don't blame them for keeping their heads down! On a personal note, congratulations to Matt and his wife for the new addition to their family.

John Doggett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 16:41    Reply with quote

Thanks Meike for this!

Do you think that it's a sign of the band's doubts about the quality of RDLS?
(obviously, we'll have to wait the released to judge it)

Like we said in french language (I don't know if this expression exists in english)

"Their silence is deafening!"

Ps: Congratulations to Matt! Best Wishes for his family!

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 16:50    Reply with quote

John Doggett wrote:

Do you think that it's a sign of the band's doubts about the quality of RDLS?

WTF?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Face-To-Face All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: