jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Ed Motta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 22:29    Reply with quote

Ed Motta
Hello Jamirotalkers,

I wanted to know if anyone heard Ed Motta, because I checked in two newspapers from where I live and in both he is compared with Jamiroquai.

"Ed Motta clearly enjoys playing with the ambiguity of his style... The band fades from funk to silence and then all of a sudden what we hear is Motta’s quiet keyboard playing a classic Bossa Nova progression, his voice pouring over it softly.

Jamiroquai wishes he were a fat man from Brazil named Ed Motta. And for three hours on Monday night, most of the people at La Trastienda where Motta was promoting his new album, Poptical, probably wished the same. The man lumbered onto stage a little... "

He played here, but I couldn't go. The Link: http://www.buenosairesherald.com/entertainment/note.jsp?idContent=52152

Who heard anything about him?
Thanks.
D! (diego)

Mers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 03:58    Reply with quote

Hi!
Well, as a Brazilian, of course i've heard of ed motta...and i've even gone to a live concert....however a comparison between him and jay?...i find it VERY UNLIKELY that anyone would think such a thing..
Ed Motta's music is very good, in fact, he used to be very popular in the nineties...i rarely see something new by him any more. His voice is very unique...but it doesn't quite resemble jay's...I cant really remember who has a voice like his...
but his music is quite good....sometimes i still hear it in a radio station or something...i'll try and find a link for u to download one of his songs...
meanwhile, you can check Kazaa or one of those music searching programs...
good luck,

iroco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 01:29    Reply with quote

Hola Diego!
Primero pido perdón, mi inglés no es bueno Embarassed ,por eso te contesto en español...
Bueno, he escuchado varios temas de él, los últimos tirando a disco (Fora da lei,Colombina), pero comparto la opinión de Mers, como suenan y la forma en que cantan son muy particulares y no creo que se los pueda comparar...aunque si podrían hacer algo juntos Very Happy ...sería bueno saber que sale de jay kay y ed motta Cool .
ah! no sé si has escuchado algo de Beto Caletti??? hay una canción que me encanta es "a voz do brasil" Wink
bueno, saludos y que escuches buena música!!!
ana.-

SimonM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:50    Reply with quote

I must admit I dont know too much about Ed Motta. I heard about him a couple of years ago when he did some work on the Incognito album 'Who Needs Love' - and I really enjoyed it!

I think he also did some live dates with them at the Jazz Cafe too. I've only heard good things about him and pick up some albums at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: