jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rock Dust Light Star - Official Tracklist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

russky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:27    Reply with quote

i meant - maybe you are right about them listening to our concerns for uptodate information. Question

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:32    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
i meant - maybe you are right about them listening to our concerns for uptodate information. Question

Ah woops sorry Embarassed

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:39    Reply with quote

Great.
I think this is the longest tracklist since TWM.

russky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:43    Reply with quote

don't apologise Evy, it's not always clear how people say things on here Wink

very interesting post from before too but im one of those people stuck in a big company as a number right now. Laughing Rolling Eyes They have recently given us an opportunity to become an environmental champion though which will shut us up! Very Happy

i don't think im that bothered what causes Jay has input in these days to be honest as im here primarily for the music. Im also not as naive to think he's all about saving the planet anymore.

John Doggett

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 15:37    Reply with quote

Yes, it's been a looooong time that we haven't got 12 REGULAR TRACKS indeed! (Since TWM).

I remember that for Dynamite, the UK version featured Time Won't Wait (track 12, and the best track of the album) unlike the European version (and the rest of the world except USA and Japan).
This was a mystery because, until Dynamite UK version used to be the regular version.

I hope that this time we'll have ALL the 12 tracks!
And why not an hidden track (Remeber : Funktion/Deeper Underground/So Good To feel Real)

Ps: I think I'll buy the Japanese Version!

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 16:18    Reply with quote

wtf (why the f*ck) do the japanese people always get the extra-neverreleased-exclusive-bonus-tracks Sad...??? Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael_driesch/

russky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 16:49    Reply with quote

im not sure Confused i thought that was a Sony thing?

we will get to hear it anyway Wink

Jay_F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 17:50    Reply with quote

i need to get a japanese album...
it's the one song i remember the most of ahaus, seriously, i need this album xD

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 18:31    Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
wtf (why the f*ck) do the japanese people always get the extra-neverreleased-exclusive-bonus-tracks Sad...??? Very Happy

Jay said on the BBC Radio 1 show on the 1st of September:

Quote:
We've got about 19 in the bag. But on the album I think there is 12. And then, I think there is an extra one for the Japanese. Cos they always have to have an extra one... for some reason.

I presumed it is part of the market demands in Japan and decided to look it up.

This is what I found on http://www.melodicrock.com/industry/insidestory.html

Quote:
The most frequently asked question I get is in regards to the Japanese bonus track issue.
After all, just about every Japanese release includes a bonus track. Why is this so?
Well, this situation goes back a long way and is a little more complicated.
To start - Japanese record labels still hold a lot of power. Not as much as a few years ago, but still, they can still shift a lot of copies of albums and are an important enough factor in most deals. In some instances, the advance from a Japanese label is vital to the overall deal in recording an album.
So, the labels have demands and they must be met. Why? The Japanese recording industry is a deregulated market. That means that anyone can sell anything from anywhere.
Record shops and wholesalers do not have to buy locally manufactured product from the local record labels.
As is well known, the Japanese CD price is very expensive - even for locals. Stores are free to source cheaper imports - from the USA and from Europe.
In the USA, if stores did this, the labels would cut them off at the knees! It was the same here in Australia for many years until recently. Back to that in a minute...
With cheaper imports available on the market, the Japanese labels add extra's to the local releases to entice consumers to buy their product. It works so well, these same labels end up exporting units to overseas collectors.
So, these labels add one, two, sometimes more bonus tracks, add special photo booklet's, stickers, guitar picks, expanded cases, special packaging and all of the above to ensure the local pressing is the one in demand.
They also have one other major trick up their sleave. They can and do enforce and advance release over other territories.
Generally, the label deals in Japan have a clause that stipulates that their release date (of any given album), must be at least four, sometimes 6 weeks in advance of any other territory.
In the recent case of a very well know singer - his solo album was not permitted to be released outside Japan for at least 8 weeks after the local release. It was a clause in the contract!
That gives the local labels time to saturate the market and in the few cases where no bonus tracks are available, at least no copies can be imported for a set time, until they are releases elsewhere.

Hope this helps Very Happy

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 18:53    Reply with quote

Winterkat wrote:

Hope this helps Very Happy

HUGE THAAAAAAAANKS!!!

I always wondered that!!!!

Fesapo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 03:33    Reply with quote

This will be the first time I'll be able to actually buy the Japanese edition of a new Jamiroquai album in Japan at a local store. Can't wait!

Yusuke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 08:08    Reply with quote

Hi.Smile

This is Japanese article.
http://ro69.jp/blog/kojima/40597

According to this article, producer said...

1)Japanese edition will be added two or three bonus tracks.
2)These 12 tracks are not conclusive track list.

Sorry about poor translation.

ririka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:02    Reply with quote

thanks Yusuke!
jay may possibly come to japan in nov? really?

11月にでるんだね~立ち読みしよ Mr. Green

russky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 13:52    Reply with quote

Also if they have 19 tracks in the bag, then surely some will be for b-sides Very Happy

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 19:02    Reply with quote

russky wrote:
Also if they have 19 tracks in the bag, then surely some will be for b-sides Very Happy

Interesting....so 13-14 tracks for Japanese release, the standard 12 tracks for domestic release. And, IF they put out a 'Deluxe edition' release, be a few weeks/months after the initial release, they would probably put an extra 2-3 tracks, including/not including the ones that were on Japanese release, which leaves about 4-5 songs from the last sessions. So, using that way of thinking, RDLS will probably have 3 single releases, at most, if coupled/uncoupled with the stray songs as B-Sides. Wink Thanks for the quick translation Yusuke, much appreciated Wink ! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: