jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

RDLS japanese version with 19 tracks ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

cvr 316

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 18:08    Reply with quote

RDLS japanese version with 19 tracks ??
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jamiroquai-Rock-Dust-Light-Star-7-Japan-2010-CD-NEW-/180574687294?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2a0b17103e

JOIN IT !!!!

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 18:10    Reply with quote

Nice find!

This would be the ultimate version to buy. Japanese deluxe, all songs included.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 00:22    Reply with quote

Also here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICR-1086

FunkyDonkey
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 08:44    Reply with quote

Nice find, thanks! Smile

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:19    Reply with quote

Too bad the Japanese are stuck with the ugly cover. I’m proud to be an American when I know ours will be different. We’re pro-Buffalo Man.

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:24    Reply with quote

Jamarcus wrote:
Too bad the Japanese are stuck with the ugly cover. I’m proud to be an American when I know ours will be different. We’re pro-Buffalo Man.

how can you be so sure?

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:39    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
Jamarcus wrote:

how can you be so sure?

Embarassed I don't think we'll get a 'platinum colored' Buffaloman with RDLS U.S. album cover, as much as they did with the 'gold-plated' one for Dynamite Embarassed . I think we'll get the standard cover like everyone else, though I think some import copies might get a 'slipcase' or some kind of protective covering. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:40    Reply with quote

javi, here in argentina we have some information about what editions are going to be able?? for example when they release the GH, we have the regular and not nice quality edition......so i have to order one Special edition to singapore......which was nicer and with an extra Remixes CD......i mean.....sometimes record companies dont send the Special Editions to this part of the world......

I don´t know what to do.....wait and go to musimundo to see or preorder on one of those japanese sites.....

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:44    Reply with quote

ObiWanFunky wrote:
javi, here in argentina we have some information about what editions are going to be able?? for example when they release the GH, we have the regular and not nice quality edition......so i have to order one Special edition to singapore......which was nicer and with an extra Remixes CD......i mean.....sometimes record companies dont send the Special Editions to this part of the world......

I don´t know what to do.....wait and go to musimundo to see or preorder on one of those japanese sites.....

I already pre-ordered the deluxe version, just in case Razz

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:54    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
Jamarcus wrote:

how can you be so sure?

I’m 99.9 % certain the US Edition will use an alternate cover featuring Buffalo Man. Their reason in doing so – the Buffalo Man is “shorthand iconography” for Jamiroquai stateside and elsewhere. AFO is the sole album allowed to be Buffalo Man free like the rest of the world. Likely because Jamiroquai still had a stronger niche presence post-SYNK than they did once Dynamite was released.

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 19:58    Reply with quote

Jamarcus wrote:
Javis wrote:
Jamarcus wrote:

how can you be so sure?

I’m 99.9 % certain the US Edition will use an alternate cover featuring Buffalo Man. Their reason in doing so – the Buffalo Man is “shorthand iconography” for Jamiroquai stateside and elsewhere. AFO is the sole album allowed to be Buffalo Man free like the rest of the world. Likely because Jamiroquai still had a stronger niche presence post-SYNK than they did once Dynamite was released.

As far as I know, Hight Times had the same cover as the rest of the world.

you are making expectations based in the fact that only 1 album of 7 had a different cover in your country.

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 20:00    Reply with quote

Jamarcus wrote:
Javis wrote:
Jamarcus wrote:

how can you be so sure?

Wink True....also the 'High Times' Greatest Hits Compilation, in the U.S. release, was ALSO 'Buffaloman free' on it's album cover Wink . Confused Wow, nearly had the same reply there Brother Javis, hehe, creepy Confused .

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 20:04    Reply with quote

JamiroFan2000 wrote:

Embarassed I don't think we'll get a 'platinum colored' Buffaloman with RDLS U.S. album cover, as much as they did with the 'gold-plated' one for Dynamite Embarassed . I think we'll get the standard cover like everyone else, though I think some import copies might get a 'slipcase' or some kind of protective covering. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

The American record company distributing this title will want maximum profitability. In order for them to market it as successfully as possible “shorthand iconography” with the usage of Buffalo Man will signal to anyone who doesn’t follow the band these days but whom are possibly still owners of the TWM CD – hey the boys are back!

J’s face isn’t well known enough here. People still think of him as a Hat with lips. As of now I’m saving my money for a release designed for my territory with the hope of an alternate cover and possible bonus material (DVD or additional track(s)).

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 20:07    Reply with quote

Jamarcus wrote:
JamiroFan2000 wrote:

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

The American record company distributing this title will want maximum profitability. In order for them to market it as successfully as possible “shorthand iconography” with the usage of Buffalo Man will signal to anyone who doesn’t follow the band these days but whom are possibly still owners of the TWM CD – hey the boys are back!

J’s face isn’t well known enough here. People still think of him as a Hat with lips. As of now I’m saving my money for a release designed for my territory with the hope of an alternate cover and possible bonus material (DVD or additional track(s)).

wow you are so sure.. ok lets see what time comes with Laughing

Jamarcus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 20:08    Reply with quote

JamiroFan2000 wrote:
Jamarcus wrote:
Javis wrote:
Jamarcus wrote:

how can you be so sure?

Wink True....also the 'High Times' Greatest Hits Compilation, in the U.S. release, was ALSO 'Buffaloman free' on it's album cover Wink . Confused Wow, nearly had the same reply there Brother Javis, hehe, creepy Confused .

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

In the case of the GH I think they simply didn’t care enough. With the internet GH are almost useless since everything is available except the new stuff and when an established artist has a willing base ready to invest in new material the distributor knows to put up a bit more effort for the sake of making the most from the release that will actually earn them money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: