jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Hey Floyd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 16:16    Reply with quote

Hey Floyd
I'm just listening this song and is blowing my mind so bad. to much styles in the same tune.

WTF! , is that reggae? no, wait, now is steview wonder .. no I don't understand!! XD

kellte2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 18:54    Reply with quote

If "Hey Floyd" is any indication of what we can expect from this rejuvenated Jamiroquai, I can't wait.

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 18:57    Reply with quote

kellte2 wrote:
If "Hey Floyd" is any indication of what we can expect from this rejuvenated Jamiroquai, I can't wait.

I've been thinking this is the kind of music Sony wouldnt let do

nightwaxon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 19:00    Reply with quote

From what I've heard of it so far, Hey Floyd is the killer track on the album followed closely by She's a Fast Persuader.

kellte2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 19:01    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
kellte2 wrote:

I've been thinking this is the kind of music Sony wouldnt let do

I think you're on to something. Almost every song on the album has an instrumental intro and a lot of the songs have very creative motive changes that even alter the style of music in classic Jamiroquai fashion - think the trumpet solo at the end of Scam from ROTSC. Hey Floyd is a musical chameleon. What a fun song.

Most of all, Jamiroquai finally has soul again. Gone are the lifeless days of Dynamite. Can't wait to hear what the guys cook up in the future already!

almatri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 19:08    Reply with quote

Dammit @ the reggae part in Hey floyd... Those guys are fucking monsters

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 19:40    Reply with quote

kellte2 wrote:

almatri wrote:

Very Happy Indeed, both the musical rejuvenation of Jamiroquai's music and most startling, at least to me, of JK's once parse vocals....am I still the only one whom theorized that JK MUST have had something done ( Rolling Eyes experimental/corrective surgery done to repair damage to his vocal cords? Rolling Eyes ) on his voicebox, I mean, this speaking voice is a little deeper and singing wise more POWERFULLY resounding since FJLIS Very Happy . Smile In any case, a STUNNER track Smile ! Wink Certainly, Almatri, like "Drifting Along" on anabolic steroids listening to "Travelling Without Moving" with Jimmy Cliff and Bootsy Collins in the backseat spliffing away happily Wink ! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

kellte2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 19:59    Reply with quote

On the issue of vocal cords: they work just fine on the upbeat songs and sound better than they have in quite some time, but they are very lacking when it comes to ballads. Check out "Everyday" and then compare it to "Never Gonna Be Another." The latter can't hold a candle to the former in terms of vocals [and musically for that matter]. Too bad, I love Jamiroquai ballads, but Tallulah and now Never Gonna Be Another have been corny let-downs. Oh well, everything else on the album is fantastic.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 03:20    Reply with quote

Hey Floyd pisses me off only because when the song get strong and gets going...it suddenly stops! Then it changes up on you and goes all Reggae on you and it's just making me beg for the main part to come back because it was so amazing. But I do love the song Smile Also the album is totally live. On the very first track, I was listening with headphones...and you can hear Derrick hitting his sticks together as in "1...2...3...GO!" It's really faint but you can definitely hear it!

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 03:29    Reply with quote

nightwaxon wrote:
From what I've heard of it so far, Hey Floyd is the killer track on the album followed closely by She's a Fast Persuader.

YEs! both tracks are KILLER!!! and changing a lot, rythym an style during the song......really amazing

Gobiline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 05:04    Reply with quote

JamiroFan2000 wrote:
kellte2 wrote:

almatri wrote:

Very Happy Indeed, both the musical rejuvenation of Jamiroquai's music and most startling, at least to me, of JK's once parse vocals....am I still the only one whom theorized that JK MUST have had something done ( Rolling Eyes experimental/corrective surgery done to repair damage to his vocal cords? Rolling Eyes ) on his voicebox, I mean, this speaking voice is a little deeper and singing wise more POWERFULLY resounding since FJLIS Very Happy .

Agree. His voice is young again. When I saw some clips of Brasil live perfomances, I said: wow, he can reach those notes again! He's totally back. Cured. And great song BTW. Love it.!

gergogreg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 08:13    Reply with quote

FULL SONGS OF HF AND TCDT !!!!!!!!!!

*edited by admin/links removed

russky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:56    Reply with quote

No links to the album tracks before release please.

mr.az

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 19:58    Reply with quote

is something really innovative, a reggae-rock tune
could be ska???

i like the sound, the mid-tempos
i like how the song keep your attention going more and more while u listen to it.
AFO=AUTOMATON

iranterres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 01:35    Reply with quote

Damn monsters, Paul Turner made his name in this album, his lines are mindblowing!!!!

In my opinion the killer songs in this album are (in no particular order):

Two Completely Different Things
Shes A Fast Persuader (with the lyrics, come on you sissies... where's the fun without it???)
Lifeline (Trust me, this thing has potential)
Hey Floyd (they can make reggae songs better than most reggae bands)
All Good In The Hood

* Honorable Mention to Goodbye To My Dancer, since I do Enjoy reggae.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: