jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

What tracks are you skipping?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

smills

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 18:57    Reply with quote

Never Gonna Be Another is, for me, a perfect breather between the upbeat reggae/dub step of Goodbye To My Dancer and the rather progressive and high tempo Hey Floyd. It's a nice subtle track... one that has more in common with Jeff Buckley than Robbie Williams.

I don't get the references to pop artists; Blue Skies is more Eric Clapton and laid back rock than... Westlife or James Blunt. Totally disagree with those comparisons.

Catalonia is not Spain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 19:15    Reply with quote

Just like Alyd said, I'm skipping the ones that I had already listened + lifeline. I know that many people like lifeline, but for some reason to me it sounds very pop and a bit irritating. Not my coup of tea.

My top so far: Smoke and Mirrors (especially the last minute), SAFP (catchy rhythm; love the part 1:30-2:10), Goodbye to my dancer (I think the guitar, Jay's voice and the melody click in very well), and Hey Floyd (so unique, so full of details, so interesting to hear. It has grown on me)

ophone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 19:39    Reply with quote

I skip none so far!

orientalfolksong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 23:39    Reply with quote

I'm honestly sad to say that, precisely because of the drop of the jazz chord progressions smills mentioned, I can only listen to 2 Completely Different Things, and from what I heard I'll like Hang It Over more, which I'm anxious to get my hands on. But Hey Floyd is interesting and She's a Fast Persuader has beautiful chords in the chorus.

matutevip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 23:55    Reply with quote

Quote:

I skip none so far!

Like ophone! Skip none!!!! i am listening to the album in a loop!!! is the first time in my entire life that i am wating to ride the subway!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kellte2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 00:50    Reply with quote

alyd wrote:
Jamiroonquai wrote:
I can't really get into the things some of you are saying about Never Gonna Be Another

I really dig it, it has a sick sound, somehow.

I like that one but do see the points people are making - it's quite sleepy but that's ok with me given the rest (not heard the bonus tracks) Smile

Listened to it again and I just can't get behind Jay's phrasing. Ends every line loudly and on the highest note of the phrase. Also, "when you were on the scene." He seems to says "scene" twice in a row - or at least close together. Just sounds pedestrian versus some of the lyrics in other songs.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:04    Reply with quote

Never Gonna Be Another topping my list, other than that Blue Skies and sometimes Hurtin, depending on my mood.

alyd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 13:19    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Never Gonna Be Another topping my list, other than that Blue Skies and sometimes Hurtin, depending on my mood.

Topping your list of tracks to skip or as favourites?

Zsoma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 13:39    Reply with quote

alyd wrote:

Topping your list of tracks to skip or as favourites?

Obviously skipping, that's what the topic is about, I think I listened to it only once and I've got absolutely no intention to do it again..

cheebalover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 13:44    Reply with quote

skipping..lifeline, all good in the hood
most played: two c.d. things, goodbye to my dancer, smoke and mirr, safp, hey floyd

iranterres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 22:38    Reply with quote

I skip none, though i do have my preferences, but each track fits for a different mood.

By the way, i fucking hate track abbreviations.

zeioIIDX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:28    Reply with quote

I skip Hurtin', Blue Skies, Never Gonna Be Another. I may end up skipping Goodbye To My Dancer...I really don't like any of the reggae songs including the middle part of Hey Floyd. I mean it sounds nice now that I've given it a few listens. But I wish Hey Floyd omitted that section and it was all what we heard in the preview sample. Never Gonna Be Another is just....*ZZzzzZZZzzzz*

ophone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:32    Reply with quote

I don't know how so many people don't like this part, but I really dig this reggae dub part in Hey Floyd.

cheebalover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 08:53    Reply with quote

ophone wrote:
I don't know how so many people don't like this part, but I really dig this reggae dub part in Hey Floyd.

same here

Jamiroonquai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 13:37    Reply with quote

Same here..
Actually one of the best parts of the album if you ask me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: