jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rate all songs *ROCK DUST LIGHT STAR* new detailed poll!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 14:58    Reply with quote

Winterkat wrote:
Butterfly in June wrote:
I don't have "Not the funk I want" on my Deluxe edition regret I wonder why Evil or Very Mad I have a live version of RDLS instead.... I bought it on Amazon Germany Question

It's because it is the extra track on the Japanese version Wink

Ahhh thank you, I didn't get that... Rolling Eyes

John Doggett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 19:34    Reply with quote

bigball123 wrote:
Júlia* wrote:
i have to say, i give 10 to all the songs Embarassed Laughing

i cant figure out another number!

Really? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but this is what I was saying earlier. As a long time fan Julia, I certainly am not trying to tell you off, but seriously, a 10? It is perfectly fine to be enthusiastic about the album, and it does have it;s high points, but if we really delve into this album further, can this really be considered as good as ROTSC and TWM? Can we really rate songs on this album higher than cuts like High Times, Stillness In Time, Too Young to Die etc. These songs are not even in the same league as their previous material. .

In a way YES: Rock Dust Light Star is a very strong album like Travelling Without Moving. Listen to Hey Floyd or Smoke and Mirrors. Goodbye to My Dancer is even better than Drifting along in ALL the points!

Rock Dust light Star is indeed a new chapter in the big Jamiroquai part: I don't want to have a TROTSC 2! Imagine two same chapters in a same book? Moreover you can't think and imagine the same things at 24 and 40.
A very talended young man became a mature man.

I remember in 1994 only few people were impressed by the second album. Others used to say: The second one is not better than the first one: even Rolling Stones magazine said at that time (I feel it still unfair) "that Jamiroquai marks time!"Only time will delivers the thruth!
We'll see the real value of the album in few years...Time don't lie!

And why all the time comparing and underrate the albums?
for now enjoy the Deluxe Version! Wink

Last edited by John Doggett on Fri Nov 05, 2010 22:24; edited 2 times in total

Júlia*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 21:40    Reply with quote

i understand you, bigball123!

but "this way" to be a fan is a part of me. it is not enthusiastic, but it is a answer to what i was expecting about the new album: an album that i will not let me down, i will not be disappoint. definately, they would back with respect.
and here it is... i have nothing to say about it! i am very proud of them.

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

fUnK[iLo]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 23:33    Reply with quote

bigball123 wrote:
Júlia* wrote:
i have to say, i give 10 to all the songs Embarassed Laughing

i cant figure out another number!

Really? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but this is what I was saying earlier. As a long time fan Julia, I certainly am not trying to tell you off, but seriously, a 10? It is perfectly fine to be enthusiastic about the album, and it does have it;s high points, but if we really delve into this album further, can this really be considered as good as ROTSC and TWM? Can we really rate songs on this album higher than cuts like High Times, Stillness In Time, Too Young to Die etc. These songs are not even in the same league as their previous material. While I am speaking purely with my opinion, I am sure some if not most of the members on the forum feel the same way. I would like to see Meike do a poll for all of Jami's albums, and really get a TRUE rating. It seems like a lot of the praise on this new album is unwarranted, especially when we consider the old material which will ultimately be critiqued as well. If we give ROTSC a perfect 10, it would be hard to consider anything off of this new album above a 9.

Hmmm I know some Jamiroquai fans whose favourite album is Dynamite, and I'm sure they would give it a 10 and EOPE and TROSC nothing above an 8. It's not the way I see it, but it's ok for me! In fact one of the things I love the most about the Jamily is the variety of tastes we all have. I think it would be really boring if we all thought the same way..
Besides, in my opinion, it makes no sense to compare between albums, I love the way Jamiroquai surprises every time they release a new album (they're quite impredictable! ) and I also love the musical versatility the band has, without losing its esence Very Happy
I think every single album is beautiful in its own way, it's just a matter of appreciating it!

I'm sorry if you can't understand my English, the Google translator helped me a bit Laughing

I really know this little Corner of the Earth it smiles at me...

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:13    Reply with quote

I updated my ratings!

Cesar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 22:03    Reply with quote

Great job, guys!

What a BRILLIANT poll! Very Happy

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 21:57    Reply with quote

John Doggett wrote:
Goodbye to My Dancer is even better than Drifting along in ALL the points!

okay...we can discuss all the other stuff about ratings, quality of previous albums comparing to this and so on...but...in wich universe can goodbye to my dancer even aproach in ANYTHING to drftin along?
Shocked

***STONED AGAIN***

Júlia*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 01:41    Reply with quote

maybe the "reggae vibe", i think...

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

Rita

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 22:20    Reply with quote

what an awesome pole! Very Happy i've rated almost all songs but there are still a few that i have to listen to more to complete this. hopefully i'll be upgrading this soon Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: