jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

JK interview in Metro newspapers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tlum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 17:30    Reply with quote

JK interview in Metro newspapers
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (4205176 KB) is 2443 x 2205 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

The article that is also online HERE was released in Metro newspapers in their 22nd November issue. Here is google translation of an article with some corrections made by me:

Google translator wrote:
Jamiroquai: "Enough of machines, we return to honesty"
Author: METRO Monday, 22 November 2010 09:14

Jay Kay Jamiroquai frontman, told Metro why he decided to return to the sound of 70`s and why ride in a Ferrari do not harm whales.

You've achieved probably the biggest fame in the 90 years. You fear that people are then forgot about?
This is typical of most people's thinking. Once you take one of the greatest hits album, and conclude in their career and are just part of the musical past. But it is not.

Four years ago you released Best Of album and ever since we did not heard about you. What you have been doing with the band?
First, I spent two years persistent efforts to opt out of contract with Sony Music. Believe me, it's not pretty and certainly not at such times and even thought about music. And the next two years we worked on a new album.

The new album Rock Star Dust Light are returning to the very roots of your musical inspiration ...
Just the thing we were. We wanted to revert to more live, organic sound, we wanted to turn back to the classical instruments. It bothered me all the machines and music software, the end of it always came out something that sounded great, but a little cold.

I assume that you now enjoy even more live performance when you limit the electronics?
It is true that previously it was quite difficult to translate our songs into live versions, without having to use pre-recorded passages. Now we can do on stage, what we want. And ideally with sixteen half-naked models in school uniforms (laughs). But seriously, at least the big band and string section, I promise.

Still supporting Greenpeace?
Of course. I support them, but it does not mean that I picked up somewhere and went to wash whalers, no. I agree with their actions, but I was also resigned to fight for them in the media. Nobody takes me seriously anyway, because I like ride my Ferrari. The rescue of whales is not what car you drive, no effect. To not to eat meat will help more.

Jamiroquai

Frontman Jay Kay founded the group in early 90 years. Debut Emergency on Planet Earth from 1993 made them a global stars. The other one tries were to cover rock, sometimes disco position. New Rock Light Star Dust is their seventh studio album.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 18:42    Reply with quote

Quote:
To not to eat meat will help more.

So vegetarian? I didn't think.

mr.az

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 00:47    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
Quote:
To not to eat meat will help more.

So vegetarian? I didn't think.

looks like jay is veggie Cool
AFO=AUTOMATON

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 03:01    Reply with quote

he propably meant not eating the meat of the whales...

Tlum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 19:54    Reply with quote

Sandriche wrote:
he propably meant not eating the meat of the whales...

yeah - probably you are right as it sounds logical to me too but in the original article written in czech in that phrase there is strictly what I translated before..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 22:56    Reply with quote

Some interview asked what kind of food he likes to prepare. I think he said his own grown vegetables, and some kind of roast.

I was more surprised by the dumb questions than by the answer of meat!
Laughing

*LeeLoo*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 22:24    Reply with quote

I think he's talking about that kind of actions people took supposing their have a positive result on their ecological fight as don't drive cars or be vegetarian; but in real those haven't any visible effect. Having a car doesnt' mean that whales would die for it, because they don't. Also, being veggie can be healthy or come from personal beliefs; but doesnt' help to the whales neither.

As we say in my country, "no hay que mezclar churros con merinas", that it means we haven't to confuse things an relate unrelated events (aka drive cars with whales hunting).

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 15:24    Reply with quote

Also, the article says people forget about you post- greatest hits album (2005).

I'll bet the majority of Americans heard nothing post- TWM (1996).

So, it could be a good thing for the Jamiroquai catalogue!

Júlia*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 20:05    Reply with quote

thanks for the link Smile

that 'meat answer' was nice, i did not expected, to be honest...

www.twitter.com/jupennylane
www.twitter.com/jamiro_brazil

ririka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 08:18    Reply with quote

By the way, why doesn't Jay say "not to eat Kangaroo's meat, too" ?
If I were you, I would admit "diversity" more. Smile
Maybe you all know these previous articles.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/391720/kangaroo-pie-on-menu-as-activists-protest-aussie-cull
AFP wrote:
Kangaroo pie on menu as activists protest Aussie cull
Most Australians have eaten kangaroo meat and the best way of getting them to eat more of the national animal is to turn it into pies, mince and gourmet deli meat, researchers have found.
The findings come amidst growing international protests over plans to cull 400 kangaroos on defence department land where they are said to be overgrazing.
The British-based Viva! — Vegetarians International Voice for Animals — says more than 2000 people have signed a petition on its website against the cull and local protesters have threatened to blockade the site from Saturday.
But millions of kangaroos are slaughtered in the wild every year on the basis that there are too many, with much of the meat being used for pet food, and attempts are being made to make it more appetising for humans.
The latest research, "Consumer attitudes to kangaroo meat products" by academics Peter Ampt and Kate Owen, says the unique hopping animals, which appear on the country's coat of arms, provide "the ultimate free-range food".
More than 58 percent of Australians have eaten kangaroo, up from 51 percent a decade ago, the authors say, suggesting there is scope for growth.
"The most promising products in which kangaroo manufacturing meat could be used (are) mince, deli meats and pies," their report says.
A survey had shown that "there was a clear preference for the Chunky Beef & Roo pie."
Kangaroo sausages are already marketed as "kanga-bangers", while tourist shops sell kangaroo scrotum purses and kangaroo paw back scratchers as souvenirs.
Government figures show the kangaroo population "has fluctuated between 15 and 50 million animals over the past 20 years in the harvested areas, depending on seasonal conditions."
A supporter of the animal rights group Viva!, former Beatle Paul McCartney, has called the commercial slaughter of kangaroos a "shameful massacre."
"There is an urgent need for action to protect kangaroos from a barbaric industry which slaughters them for meat and leather," he is quoted as saying on Viva's website.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/opinion/24iht-edbowring.html?_r=2
PHILIP BOWRING wrote:

Misguided Emotions
By PHILIP BOWRING
Published: February 23, 2010
HONG KONG — It must count as one of the more bizarre bits of diplomacy in recent times. Last week, on the eve of a visit by Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd of Australia threatened to take Japan to the International Court of Justice if it did not stop whaling in the Southern Ocean, the part of the Indian Ocean south of Australia.
One may dismiss this as a politician’s gesture aimed at a domestic audience that has taken to emotional “save the whales” campaigns. Though whale oil and bone had once been Australia’s biggest export, the nation had no tradition of eating whale meat, and a shortage of whales caused the closure of its last whaling station in 1978.
But such outbursts in favor of one member of the mammal kingdom by a major exporter of red meat is likely to do more damage to Australia’s image than to Japan’s. Most of Australia’s Asian neighbors — other than Japan — may not care much one way or the other about whaling. But the tone of moral superiority adopted by Australia — its apparent belief that it is the guardian of the Southern Ocean from Asian depredation — grates on many Asians who also resent environment lessons from a top carbon polluter.
From an Australian perspective it may seem reasonable that the largest, most advanced country in the Southern Ocean should assume some responsibility for it. But such assumptions of its rights and duties in international waters can easily keep alive lingering Asian resentments of Western colonialism — European expansionism that gave a small new nation with a population only a little bigger than Shanghai control over a vast, mineral rich landmass. Does Australia want to control the ocean too, some ask?
There may be scientific arguments about whether Japan’s harvesting of several hundred whales per year is endangering the stock in the Southern Ocean. But Australia’s “crusade” seems more couched in emotional than scientific terms. We see this also in the heroic status accorded the Australian and New Zealand campaigners who have harassed Japan’s whaling vessels.
Japan may be pushing the limits of the “scientific research” allowed by the International Whaling Commission in the “whale sanctuary” it declared in the Southern Ocean. But at least Japan still belongs to that body. Norway always refused to accept I.W.C. restrictions. Iceland walked out of the I.W.C. in 1992 (it returned in 2002 but largely on its own terms). Canada left earlier and has not returned.
Meanwhile, other countries with whaling traditions turn a blind eye to the organization. For example, whale hunting is illegal in South Korea but the meat of whales caught in nets or killed accidentally is sold freely. There is pressure to make hunting legal again. Other countries, including Russia and Denmark, allow it for “traditional” communities, which take hundreds of whales a year.
Even making allowances for all the unofficial catch it is still small compared with the numbers killed by ship collisions and nets.
In short, though the world needs properly regulated management of the oceans, Mr. Rudd’s antics discourage whaling countries from cooperating with the I.W.C. and make others reluctant to accept controls on fishing in international waters to stabilize rapidly depleting fish stocks.
Harpooning whales may be cruel and does excite emotions even among those who regularly eat red meat. But Australia is in scant position to complain when it shoots upward of 3 million wild kangaroos a year to protect crops and grazing for sheep and cattle. It recently announced a mass shooting of troublesome wild camels.
The kangaroo and camel culls may be justified. But local emotions are confused. Shooting kangaroos by licensed hunters has long been common in Australia’s outback. But a plan for a culling of the national symbol near the national capital raised a storm of protest to “save Skippy” (the pet kangaroo in a famous children’s TV program).
There is of course nothing unusual in battles between the heart and the head when it comes to attitudes to animals. For example, there is emotion, not reason, behind those in the West who are horrified with the consumption of dog in the East. In fact, there is no reason to treat whales differently from horses, which are still a table meat in some European countries.
Australia’s elevation of its selective emotion into a diplomatic feud with its major Asian ally is nothing short of ridiculous.

I do not criticize any foodie. tongue
I only criticize this political ecofreak machine. 5trash 5toiletpaper 3clown

Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 14:11    Reply with quote

Saw this tonight in my friends bathroom Razz

Inkgel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 14:13    Reply with quote

lol

Last edited by Inkgel on Mon Dec 20, 2010 18:22; edited 1 time in total

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 15:31    Reply with quote

Love it!
Yes -the Whales wanna save the humans!
And Molly Ringwald!
And Peace!
And the Beatles!

Question -are you all vegetarian?

Winterkat
Moderator & Officer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 16:09    Reply with quote

Have been for 18 years now Very Happy

Jamiroonquai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 17:34    Reply with quote

Lol, how 1 misconception can lead to a discussion.
C'mon, it's so obvious he meant '' not to eat meat (of whales) '', because how would not eating meat of cows and chickens lead to decrease of whale-hunting?

Jay is not a vegetarian, I can tell... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: