jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

"Two Completely different things" on US radio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

pranavc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 14:00    Reply with quote

"Two Completely different things" on US radio
As the subject of this e-mail suggests, "Two Completely Different Things" is now getting 4-5 plays a day on "Radio Creme Brulee" - a Boston-based internet music radio station featuring the best current pop/rock music from both sides of the Atlantic alongside guilty pleasures, forgotten gems, and radio hits from the last three decades. To listen, log on to

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com

"White Knuckle Ride" is also getting 4-5 plays a day on Radio Creme Brulee. If you do end up listening to the station (which can basically be listened to from anywhere), please RATE Jamiroquai tracks by clicking on the "thumbs up" icon next to the song on the online radio player when it gets played. Thanks in advance!!!

pranavc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 07:49    Reply with quote

Looks like the Jamiroquai tracks are finally getting the votes they rightfully deserve as shown below:

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/Creme_Brulee_Weekly_Top_20.php

jahmorican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40    Reply with quote

Very cool! I've long since stopped listening to the radio, but it's great that they are getting some exposure in the U.S.

I'll never, ever understand why they've never been as popular or respected in the U.S. as they have been in the rest of the world.

-Alex

*LeeLoo*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34    Reply with quote

Wow, tonight I've dreamed something about creme brulee, don't remember what, and now I find that post about the radio station.

Like a premonition Shocked

pranavc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 06:01    Reply with quote

*LeeLoo* wrote:
Wow, tonight I've dreamed something about creme brulee, don't remember what, and now I find that post about the radio station.

Haha! Hope the premonition motivated you to check out the station AND vote for the Jamiroquai tracks!!!!

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 15:18    Reply with quote

I don't see American Radio following the rules -playing releases.

I think a DJ just needs to get his hands on it and play it cuz he likes it.

pranavc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 15:35    Reply with quote

HoneyBee wrote:
I don't see American Radio following the rules -playing releases.

I think a DJ just needs to get his hands on it and play it cuz he likes it.

The rules are a bit strange. For AM/FM radio, the material HAS to be released domestically OR must have a near-term release date. For internet and satellite radio, interestingly enough, the rule does not apply. The only condition is that the material being played has to be either purchased or received directly from the record label or a PR intermediary (both of which are the only legal avenues for pre-releases).

I have stopped listening to AM/FM radio in America, so I am not entirely sure as to when Jamiroquai disappeared from American airwaves.

*LeeLoo*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 19:18    Reply with quote

pranavc wrote:
*LeeLoo* wrote:

Haha! Hope the premonition motivated you to check out the station AND vote for the Jamiroquai tracks!!!!

Yes, I've done it! Cool

What a pleasure heard a Jamiroquai' song 5 times a day (better being 4 different songs) while working on PC. I've left my votes for all of these.

Rita

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 22:44    Reply with quote

it looks like only white knuckle ride and blue skies have reached portugal. i only hear those two around here...

JamiroNuts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 03:24    Reply with quote

Rita wrote:
it looks like only white knuckle ride and blue skies have reached portugal. i only hear those two around here...

Yes, I've listened to them both on the radio here. White Knuckle Ride was also on some TV programme as well.

Rita

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 14:23    Reply with quote

oh i saw wkr on querido mudei a casa and famashow too! and i got to hear those two on the radio several times, but only the singles. fortunatelly, lifeline will be the next single and i hope they can play it too

mr.az

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 04:17    Reply with quote

Here in argentina i was playing some random radios when two completely different things came up Shocked i was Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
maybe another fan knows the radio, the thing is, i love it to hear it on radio¡¡¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON

Rita

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 23:52    Reply with quote

me too!! there's a facebook group that says: "it's so much more exciting hearing your favorite song on the radio than on your mp3/ipod" and that is one of my favorites cause that is soo true. i might have heard the song 10 minutes ago in my ipod but if i hear it then on radio it sounds so much better and exciting

pranavc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 15:52    Reply with quote

Rita wrote:
me too!! there's a facebook group that says: "it's so much more exciting hearing your favorite song on the radio than on your mp3/ipod" and that is one of my favorites cause that is soo true. i might have heard the song 10 minutes ago in my ipod but if i hear it then on radio it sounds so much better and exciting

I agree with that too. I think it's psychological. I think when something gets played on the radio, it is like a validation of our musical tastes.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 03:46    Reply with quote

Re: "Two Completely different things" on US radio
pranavc wrote:
As the subject of this e-mail suggests, "Two Completely Different Things" is now getting 4-5 plays a day on "Radio Creme Brulee" - a Boston-based internet music radio station featuring the best current pop/rock music from both sides of the Atlantic alongside guilty pleasures, forgotten gems, and radio hits from the last three decades. To listen, log on to

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com

"White Knuckle Ride" is also getting 4-5 plays a day on Radio Creme Brulee. If you do end up listening to the station (which can basically be listened to from anywhere), please RATE Jamiroquai tracks by clicking on the "thumbs up" icon next to the song on the online radio player when it gets played. Thanks in advance!!!

GOOD to hear! Thank you for this news. Now listening to 2 completely different things. Heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: