jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

*Rock Dust Light Star - FAN REVIEWS of the new album*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

petra0666

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 09:27    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
at least they should make a cover of a bob marley tune in the next concerts...jammin'!!!!!! they must!
jamirokaki, the basque funky-monkey

Thx for all your words and input!! Nice to read!!

microcosm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 14:18    Reply with quote

Every reviews are interesting~! Very Happy

I love new MASTERPIECE ! clapping

I´d like to say a few words.

Some years ago , I have read articles .

Jamiroquai Singer Jay Kay Slams Denise Van Outen
Tuesday 3rd May 2005 - 23:00:00

JAMIROQUAI SLAMS EX LOVE
JAMIROQUAI singer JAY KAY has slammed his former lover because she sold her story to the British media after their relationship crumbled.The DEEPER UNDERGROUND star dated British actress DENISE VAN OUTEN from 2001 until 2003 - but Kay was amazed that she was prepared to go public with their relationship problems.He says, "When it comes to things like that I'm a gentleman and I don't want to talk about it, but I think Denise saw it a different way. It was a case of walking into the local petrol station and seeing 17 different ma gazines with her on the cover talking about how she had to finish it..."I was the one who instigated (breaking up) because it wasn't working out. The point was I didn't have a platform to say my bit..."Denise had a bit of a love affair with the tabloids and I did not. She was in the public eye in a different way to me, and you're going to get followed around. I couldn't really be bothered to go through all that again going out with some celebrity is just hassle."

O KAY?
By GlamourWednesday, 12 October 2005.Jay Kay isn't back with Denise Van Outen, although he admits hooking up with his ex has crossed his mind. Speaking ahead of an exclusive gig in Paris on Monday night, Jay Kay told us: "I'm not seeing Denise Van Outen again. She came to my show and when she was aboard the plane I was thinking about what could happen, but then I thought, 'I don't really want to go down that road again.'"

Maybe he was disappointed ex 6sigh but, Mr. kay forgave her.

I see his behavior that Mr. Jason Kay is a gentleman.

-Every interview he gives, he seems to compliment Denise and her new hubby. What I respect about this guy is the fact that unlike your modern 'pop star' you do not see him with a different girlfriend from one day to the next. - Ditto, Jamalgerie 2wave

Mr. Kay !
The perfect girl will come along.
The sweetest grapes hang highest !!!
Time will tell... kissing

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 16:00    Reply with quote

Never Gonna Be Another he said was about a personal friend who's died.

The lyrics to songs are never fully revealed.

Last edited by HoneyBee on Wed Jun 29, 2011 21:52; edited 1 time in total

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 20:52    Reply with quote

Thanks to my lovely friends i got my jamiroquai standard album in the mail. Now i got also the “deluxe version” (this time thanks to my lovely exgirlfriend) so i can do a little review of the tracks i miss till now

All good in the hood (accoustic)
i don't know why it is called “accoustic” but anyway. I like it very much. It reminds me in a way to the arrangement they done with high times a couple of times during 2008 and i think it's very clever

angeline
weird style for jamiroquai but it's quite alright, nothing so impressive in any way but is always good to hear the band playing different stuff to what we are used to

hang it up
this song is a surprise, it starts with a old school 80's funk and becomes so naturally into a classic jazzy song, as if jamiroquai was doing a time travel joining stevie, then django and carrying woody allen with them to have even more fun, maybe even groucho can be around. The final thing we got is a very interesting song wich backs to the future again so naturally. I miss an extended version. It reminds me to the kind of thing that the band “fundacion tony manero” can do (the best disco-funk band in spain, specially live)

rock dust light star (live at paleo)
nice rendition to the song, so close to the album version with the improves and touches the band make live. Brilliant. (the backing vocals are not perfect, i must say)

white knucke ride (remix)
most of the remixes of jamiroquai tracks we heard are pure rubbish. At least this one is danceable and doesn't ruins the song at all. Anyway it doesn't make more danceable than the original track so the album version would make it better in a disco.

Blue skies (remix)
funny that everyone was talking about this remix as pure shit. I was specting something worse. Maybe because of that i had a positive surprise. Of course i think is crap but in a way i dig it. that standard tecnho progression and sound makes it an instant classic, and the synths of the chorus give it so much strenght, the vocoder part is just the shit, makes me laugh and dance at the same time...believe it or not...i also miss an extended version! Ha!

I still need to hear the bouns track of the japanese version (wich i think we heard the demo version in jays car in 2008)...i think i will get it when i'm back at home (wich will be soon!)

***STONED AGAIN***

John Doggett

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 22:52    Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

I only want to say again that Rock Dust Light Star IS a WONDERFUL ALBUM!

I can't help it to listen to it! I'm very happy and SO PROUD of my band!

I hope HAPPINESS for EVERYBODY!!

Peace and good vibes to all!!

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 23:22    Reply with quote

I have been avoiding this thread since release. I'm still evaluating this album, and only I care for a few songs. BS, Hurtin' , WKR, and Lifeline. I need more time with the title track, it conflicts with my faith. I don't think that an asteroid is going to smash into the earth at 30,000 mph and kill everything. or whatever it means. Confused I really thought that the live performances would persuade me. Skipping tracks is a bad sign , and I am guilty Sad. I need more time to love this Smile

starchildluke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 19:37    Reply with quote

My review. I tried to stay as neutral as I could (very difficult):

http://lifeofastarchild.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/review-rock-dust-light-star/

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 21:43    Reply with quote

Whoa, starlukechild, you took this review very seriously! Very Happy Very detailed. You've really thought about it!

Blue skies -yes, there is a bit vibrato!
Jay, has a unique style, maybe it's the jazz influence, -usually hits the note right on, straight.

Maybe a little Indie influence! They wanted more control.

I think Lifeline has a Motown feel. Not sure about a country vibe.

You cite song #2 as second to #9, but I think you mean your favorite as #8 SAFP (judging by your review). Wink

Interesting comparisons to previous songs. Thanks for your thoughts!

iranterres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 01:20    Reply with quote

Honey it's nice to see you posting, hope o keep in touch with you...

By the way the album is gettiing a little big rating after these months, despite the lack of adversiting.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 16:43    Reply with quote

I'm still here! Very Happy

Funk Fiction

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 19:50    Reply with quote

Tiffinypie wrote:
I have been avoiding this thread since release. I'm still evaluating this album, and only I care for a few songs. BS, Hurtin' , WKR, and Lifeline. I need more time with the title track, it conflicts with my faith. I don't think that an asteroid is going to smash into the earth at 30,000 mph and kill everything. or whatever it means. Confused I really thought that the live performances would persuade me. Skipping tracks is a bad sign , and I am guilty Sad. I need more time to love this Smile

If this much time has already passed, that already says a lot.. One shouldn't have to push themselves to like something. I think we all naturally were drawn to Jamiroquai and had it naturally grow on us. I feel like I'd be artificially making myself like RDLS if I were to like it. Either way, still a solid pop album that's better than most music out there.

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 22:23    Reply with quote

Funk Fiction wrote:

If this much time has already passed, that already says a lot.. One shouldn't have to push themselves to like something. I think we all naturally were drawn to Jamiroquai and had it naturally grow on us. I feel like I'd be artificially making myself like RDLS if I were to like it. Either way, still a solid pop album that's better than most music out there.

I know, and it is growing on me. I think its because of the heavy guitar riffs throughout are kinda gettin on my nerves some. (luv u Rob) I do appreciate finally getting an album after 5 years, my expectations were too high wanted throwback yet update music. I was looking for songs that oppose the government, like DGHC, and TWTHW thing. I always been interested in the way he (band) feels about that subject. Don't get me wrong , I "like" RDLS, I bought the album (Mp3 too) and still support these guys wholeheartedly. At first I felt kinda jipped (ripped off). Its easier for the UK /Euro /SA Aust audiences to love, it's just taking me longer than I thought. cos Im a yank Wink jk

starchildluke wrote:
My review. I tried to stay as neutral as I could (very difficult):

http://lifeofastarchild.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/review-rock-dust-light-star/
good review much appreciated Smile

JamiroNuts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 23:37    Reply with quote

I don't think 6 months means much. I came to like Corner of the Earth 9 years after I listened to it for the first time...

mandalin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 05:40    Reply with quote

I am still listening as well 6 months or so in and maybe some songs more than others but this is more because some lyrics are a bit cryptic to me. Dynamite was hard to understand in the same way (Tallulah is a beautiful but confusing song). I have listened for 15 years now... my favorite being manifest destiny because the content, what is said is so elevating and very clear in the message... You know for example after listening to smoke and mirrors I speculate- if this could be about homelessness or watching an abusive relationship or something, and would like at times for the lyrics to pan out a little more and show the bigger issues of why things happened and address it. Just wanted to add the live set at Glasgow sounded great and it is good to see everyone being well.

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 04:43    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Wohoooo!!! My deluxe edition has arrived today!!! fire jump

I am going to write a longer review about every song soon, but for now I wanna say just this:

This album is beautiful!! I am so proud of my favourite band! biglove
Every single musician is doing a fantastic job in all the songs. I can absolutely FEEL that they have played out their hearts on this album, like Rob said earlier! They really did!
Everyone is brilliant, but for me, the star on this album is Mr. Paul Turner! 5star
This is the first full album he has been doing together with the boys, and I was really curious about his contribution, and I am really impressed. Every bassline, every tune he is adding to the songs are just perfect for me! Love it, love it, love it! bumpin' heart bumpin' heart bumpin' heart

A really ballanced album, I feel the creativity, the diversity, lots of emotions, I can taste a bit of the freedom they had during the writing process... it is just flowing!
Jay said in an earlier interview: Don't panic, you'll like it! He is so damn right! All will make sense in November.. oh yes, it really makes sense now!

I am so thankful for this masterpiece, for the music, the groove, the bumping beats, the rhythm, the grooving bass, the warm keys, the funky and also the rough guitar riffs, the brass, the flute, the lyrics, even the naughty ones, am thankful for the diversity, the goosebumps I have while listening... I am thankful for the tention, the excitement, the mixed emotions during the last weeks and months, the surprises, the good vibes... ahhh... thank you so much Jamiroquai! I am a happy mouse!

bumpin' heart 7headphones bumpin' heart

I 5heartbeat buffaloman

AWESOME review Cosmic mouse

and i'm going to have to listen to smoke and mirrors again.TY M!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: