jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Unreleased Rock Dust Light Star Tracks + The Next Album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

funky shoe

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 20:11    Reply with quote

Unreleased Rock Dust Light Star Tracks + The Next Album
I recently listened to Hang It Over and Not The Funk I Want on youtube....leaving me baffled how they didn't cut the final LP. I'm not sure on everyone else's view but I think Hang It Over sounds very natural for the band and Jay - it has a smokey blues soul verse with a cool chorus. Also Not The Funk I Want sounds bang up to date and full of energy.... quite suprised they didn't cut it.

Personally I'm not overly keen on All Good In The Hood or Smoke and Mirrors (too close to Roxy Music)....not that they're bad tunes. love the rest of the album though - especiialy Hey Floyd, She's A Fast Persuader, Blue Skies, Rock Dust Light Star, Two Completely Different Things.

Hoping Jay and the band don't leave it another eternity to record some killer tunes again.... having recently seen them perform a career best gig at the o2 (despite being older) I'd hope they replecate some of that fantastic sounds/groove on another album soon!

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 23:18    Reply with quote

i hope they make it even better
i love this album so i am waiting patiently the next¡¡¡
AFO=AUTOMATON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> New Album *Rock Dust Light Star* All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: