jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

J's clothing style

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nesta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 18:43    Reply with quote

J's clothing style
When you think of a typical JK outfit what comes to your mind? What you call his fashion style, if you had to give it a name? How many pairs of Adidas do you think he owns?

When I think of a typical JK outfit what comes to mind is (what seems like his standard go-to) pair of black pants. What material are they. Sometimes he looks like he is wearing black jeans, other times they look like black kakis and sometimes they look like a light almost athletic type material.

He seems to wear dark blue polo shirts a lot. I always thought you don't mix blue and black but Jay has shown that it works.

And then throw in any number of adidas or other shoes. I'm always curious about the shoes he wears when he is not wearing adidas or other sneakers. Dress shoes.

He then seems to love pull-over sweaters or zip ups with polos underneath.

He has one of the best looks in all of music.

2 of my favorite looks:
http://www.girl.com.au/jamiroquai.htm
http://www.sodahead.com/living/sexual-attraction/question-878079/?page=3&link=ibaf&imgurl=http://www.nordestfm.ro/images/Image/JAY%2520KAY.jpg&q=jay%2Bkay

Tiffinypie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:50    Reply with quote

I always loved his style especially during the AFO era. Wearing pinks, light blues, stripes(vertical), lovely hats that accommodate. I recently talked about this on the official website forums regarding his style in recent years.
click and paste guys Smile

by Tiffinypie on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:54 pm
BlackCapricornDay wrote:
And i recognize he always wearing that dark blue kind of polo shirt like the one he wore at Top Gear

Yeah, that's his "every other day" shirt. He had worn it many times in the last 4 years. I think its been more than 5 shirts. He often pairs it up with the cream/tan trousers, or the white "summer" trousers. He uses 3 pair of sunglasses and rotates them. the Blue tint pair, the brown tint, and the Ray-Ban pair. he did sport some brand new ones recently. His basic wardrobe that I have seen:

1. Navy Blue Polo Shirt / Black Prada Polo short sleeve
and dark blue/black long sleeve dress shirts.
2. White Trousers (spring/summer)
3. Black Trousers (fall/winter) 1 pair cream colored corduroys.
4. Various Adidas jackets. Hugo Boss variety.
5. 38 hats (I have counted) Prolly one for every car he owns hihi
6.and countless trainers (shoes)
7. Dress shoes for parties.

When he goes to parties, I'm very proud of him, he wears the right thing. He's been in a dark clothing mood in the past 4 years or so, but im glad that he's recently been wearing bright colors as seen in the recent promo pics Very Happy
end of post

As you can see I have a keen sense of fashion when it comes to men. I notice that Jay is all about comfort. He wears leather very nicely, if tailored properly. He calls his style "sporty". Kind of like a "drivers" look mostly. I really want to raid his closet. Embarassed

JamiroMystery???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 14:07    Reply with quote

The way he was before synkronized, dynamite, afo.

Ski cap, busted adidas, busted jacket, skateboard.

I like his old style because that's who he was before he even began singing, Skateboarding punk.

Nesta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:37    Reply with quote

Good work Tiffany.

He was wearing the navy blue polo and black jeans at least since 1997 with the TWM tour. He liked to wear bulky sweaters over the polo. Along with his go to black fuzzy pimp hat from the V.I. video.

I think I prefer the look he has had lately more than the original Native American, ski cap look. I like the classy fedoras, black pants, polo or button down shirts, 1/4 zip up pullovers and sweet Adidas. He now looks like a class act.

The worst hat I have seen him wear was the skull cap he wore during the last South American tour. No good.

G-FUNZKA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 04:36    Reply with quote

Hello to all ,
i wanted to know if any of you know that the pants (type,model) leads in the era of the 90's JK?

here a few example:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/47939_384787234922717_212809469_n.jpg

These are the ones who asked me, what are they?
(Sorry for my english,i have to use translator these things Laughing )

spacecowboy_vibe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 22:53    Reply with quote

Were those Levi's Silvertab????

russky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00    Reply with quote

here is a Adidas Originals - Porsche Windbreaker, Green - He wore for Gig In The Sky.

Arrow http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271178541876

LouisMo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 17:43    Reply with quote

Always fresh, comfortable as if ready dance - that is the Jay Kay way! I have formed several of my attire options after him, especially the "Deeper Undeground" video too. I am sure it is going to get better with years!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: