jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

On The Recent Slew Of JK/Lady Friend Picture Leaks On...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 06:02    Reply with quote

On The Recent Slew Of JK/Lady Friend Picture Leaks On...
Hello,

Now, over the last 2 weeks we Jamiroquai fans, whom are highly active on Social Media portals, specifically "Instagram/Facebook", have recently seen a modest 'leak' of private pictures concerning JK and a lady friend whom will remain 'nameless' in this post.

Given the recent uptick in 'celebrity hacks', most recently actress/comedian Leslie Jones & the 'Fappening' mass leaks of 2014, celebrity private media dumps like this are nearly becoming 'online commonplace'. Bearing in mind the recent/past troubles JK has had with 'stalkers' in real life, their/others 'stalker' activities have come apparently come 'online' now.

For the online user, these are perceived as 'online attractions', whether the intention is 'curiosity' or purely for 'fun', we as fans should 'protect' Jamiroquai and it's bandmembers from these uncaring 'private attacks' on their lives & self-manufactured media (I.E. Pictures/videos).

I know some, through an online anonymity, might easily just sway this off and say, "Oh, it's not hurting anyone!", when it is hurting someone, emotionally, and others might argue, "It's the NEW Normal so why fight it?". Well, those easy excuses are detestable, and we as fans should know better, whether we were taught that or not.

So I'm asking if any of my fellow fans see any resurgence of these 'private JK picture leaks' on any social media, don't retweet it/don't tweet about it/and certainly don't reupload it on your social media platform you frequent. We should all be looking out for JK's and other bandmembers best interests and 'report' any infridging media we encounter via social media, whether to the site in question or send a message to a bandmember so they can settle it in their own time.

The current situation with these pictures has been temporarily handled on Instagram/Twitter & Facebook, but that doesn't mean it won't happen again online. So we should all do our best as I have explained above and I'm sure the band will REALLY appreciate it! Thanks for reading and I hope it helps us all resist that temptation that can happen online, take care and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Trolll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 09:14    Reply with quote

Hey!

I'd say the limited number of posts on the other topic speaks for itself! Jamirotalkers aren't that interested! Wink

I have no idea whether these pics are indeed of Jay's child & partner. If they are, I'm very happy for him. If they're not, some people have too much time on their hands (and many people do have that on the Internet).

Jay Kay is no Justin Bieber. The fans are mainly adult and, like I wrote above, wish him to be happy without actually caring too much. In the "worst case scenario", some UK tabloids [if some latest X Factor sensation didn't get caught in a strip club] might post the photo before all this falls into oblivion. We're adult and educated enough to respect Jay's (or anyone's) private life, and I think the general public is not that interested in what might be going on in Jay's life either.

We just need the music (and on that front, we all actually ARE waiting for news!)

Very Happy

Javis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:54    Reply with quote

is it only me or is this whole post a overreaction? a couple of photos "leaked" (we don't know the source, we don't know who upload them, who took them) of a lady and a baby, no big deal.

We are not looking at a nude woman, or JK making love with someone naked. Just a woman and a baby, and other photo including JK.

Personally, I couldn't care less. As trolll mentioned abobe, we are grown up and if it's true JK is in love/had a child, we all will be more than glad to know.

But making a big deal on these photos to be on internet seems a little bit out of place.

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 02:32    Reply with quote

Why should it be only wrong if the photos are x rated? Why should it be fine to do if it's just a woman and her baby?

"Leaked," means it was released without consent. And as you should know, doing things without consent, where it does violate a person's privacy, is fundamentally wrong. Massaging a curious fan's ego or a hungry pap doesn't take precedence over someone's right to privacy.

I honestly don't care who took the photos or who is in them, I'm simply done with comments that reflect the public's right to see inside of someone's life just because they're famous in some way.

Everyone has a private life. It won't kill you to respect that.

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 04:50    Reply with quote

Hear, hear Curry!

Trolll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 09:43    Reply with quote

I get your point Curry. IF these picture are real and I were Jay, that would make me very angry.
IF someone actually hacked Jay's (or anyone else's) personal account, it's totally illegal and deserve legal action. What Javis and I say is that, if all this is true (cause everyone is just taking wild guesses, as far as I know), it's like someone tried to rob a bank, and came out with a 5 dollar bill. But we agree that robbing a bank deserves a punishment, whatever the loot!

...and until I'm proven wrong, I'll rather stick to the idea that it's someone eager for attention posting shit online (and I'd tend to think most people here think the same, unless there's some info that I don't know about and that gives some credit to these pics). All I see is a woman and a kid, another picture with someone that could loosely look like Jay but could just as well be anyone else (given the small size and the crap quality).

...and the more we discuss things here, the more we're giving echo to that. If it's fake, we're losing our time. If it's real (congrats'!), we're actually helping spread the "news".

iranterres

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:22    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
is it only me or is this whole post a overreaction? a couple of photos "leaked" (we don't know the source, we don't know who upload them, who took them) of a lady and a baby, no big deal.

We are not looking at a nude woman, or JK making love with someone naked. Just a woman and a baby, and other photo including JK.

Personally, I couldn't care less. As trolll mentioned abobe, we are grown up and if it's true JK is in love/had a child, we all will be more than glad to know.

But making a big deal on these photos to be on internet seems a little bit out of place.

Agree.

smellbob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 02:51    Reply with quote

I'm going to play devil's advocate.

Maybe there are more pictures, because the few I saw, weren't anything to get that worked up about.

Those pictures are not Jay first of all, and they are not NSFW pictures either.

It's just a man (who looks similar to jay, but you can obviously tell that's not him) and woman and a little boy who is no older than maybe three or four in a swimming pool, looking directly at the camera.

I could understand if the photos were candid, and it was in fact Jay, and the pictures were X rated. Then yes, it would be cause for concern.

But it's nothing to worry about if you ask me.

Unless there were other photos I missed or didn't see, because if that's the case let me know.

Curry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 07:40    Reply with quote

Well Trolll, my point was that it doesn't matter who it is or what sort of pictures they were, that it still isn't right to invade someone's privacy like that. You know?

In regards to JamiroFan's post about reporting pictures of Jay that's supposedly private, then I can get behind that. I don't think it was an over reaction, but being cautionary when fans decide to create their own love story that could potentially harm people who didn't ask to be involved. Sure Jay was the subject, but that woman didn't ask for it and neither did her kid.

Trolll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 13:03    Reply with quote

Curry wrote:
Well Trolll, my point was that it doesn't matter who it is or what sort of pictures they were, that it still isn't right to invade someone's privacy like that. You know?

Hmmm, where did you read this in my messages? I'll just copy-paste my previous post that shows I agree with you...
- IF these picture are real and I were Jay, that would make me very angry.
- It's like someone tried to rob a bank, and came out with a 5 dollar bill. But we agree that robbing a bank deserves a punishment, whatever the loot!

I have seen/read/searched nothing else than what appears on the other topic, so, on that basis, my first impression is still that someone craving for attention made the whole thing up. Jay has already had issues with fans beforehand (isn't there a girl who's not supposed to get close to his house or something?). And if it's true, then sincere congratulations, even though that won't affect an inch (positively or negatively) the way I appreciate the band.

And I'm starting to feel I'm somehow stuck in the Groundhog day, so I'll stop here! Wink

iranterres

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 19:12    Reply with quote

What amazed me was the mentioning that fans should protect him from such things, hahaha what the hell...

Curry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 22:30    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
Curry wrote:

Hmmm, where did you read this in my messages?

LOL, no! I was stating my stance not paraphrasing your message.

I know we agree for the most part. I just wanted to make it clear what I'm talking about.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 16:54    Reply with quote

I totally agree with Brent and everybody.
Don't promote the trash of mass media exposing people's private lives.

Be a fan of Jami's music, keep their private life private.
I have seen no photos, nor will I search.
I'd be happy if Jay had a baby and new lady friend.
I don't know of any things on the band members either.

people are just ordinary people
it's the mind that differentiates them from others

Lua

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 17:08    Reply with quote

Is hard to know what exactly is going on because nowadays there are many personal information/pictures on social medias, the person who found these photos didn’t necessarily hack into Jay’s private files. So I don’t know if it can be considered “leaking”. It’s more like… online stalking. And the more we speculate, more the whole thing gets attention. I don’t think there is much for us to do but wait till the buzz ends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: