jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Automaton User Review Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Golomeen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 20:05    Reply with quote

Hi guys
Whole album is good enough. It's more flat. No diamonds, no crap.
To me most interesting is the middle - with Summer girl as the best song in album. First three are to warm up, last three to fade. Daughter is great (I have three Smile but Carla song is not - too dull.

I've noticed a lot of unexpected notes or harmonies, it's a feature of this album. And Summer girl's phrase end bass note is the best also.

Hot property narrating voice in russian was intriguing us here in Moscow. Sounds robotic enough and very likely is iPhones's SIRI. Very strange pause between "командир/commander" & "этой операции/of this operation" supports this guessing Smile And I dont know where have they picked up this if it's a citing.

Album lacks pure energy but has a lot of hard work.

Dani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 21:58    Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

It has been interesting to read everyone's reactions and I would like to share mine.

These are simply my impressions after a few listenings. I cannot claim to be an expert on musical technicalities, and indeed the preceding discussion shows how subjective this discussion is.

My general reaction is of mild disappointment. I am trying to pin down the reason. I think it is partly because I found the album slightly monotonous and not very diverse in its sound, with its dominance of keyboard and drum. I also found the sound a bit too 'loud' or 'in your face' at times, I am not sure how to describe it. And maybe my expectations were too high after 7 years, of course.

There are songs I really like, particularly the more disco ones because they fit with my taste. If I had to rate them in terms of personal enjoyment it would be as follows:

Shake It On 8.5 - my favourite

Automaton 8 - it has grown on me in ways I didn't anticipate, and I like a lot the lyrics and the concept

Cloud 9 7.5 - Enjoyable track

Superfresh 7.5 - I like the retro disco vibes

Hot Property 4 - I don't like this song for now

Something About You 6 - I like the last part but I don't quite enjoy the initial breaks. It may grow on me.

Summer Girl 7.5 - Very enjoyable track

Nights Out in The Jungle 5 - I like the initial beat and the chorus but the song doesn't seem to fully develop

Dr Buzz 6.5 - Interesting lyrics and track but musically I thought something was missing

We Can Do It 4 - I find it too repetitive

Vitamin 7 - I like it without loving it, and suspect it could grow on me

Carla 6 - I find it OK, I like the initial beat but the chorus sounds odd to me

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 06:57    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
Jonas, please tell me that review is an april's fool joke... please!! Shocked

Sorry Meike, it's no joke. I'm just not feeling it. Better than RDLS yes. But still... no.

RDLS never grew on me. I hope this album will. But I honestly don't think so.

The good bits I like are very good. The stuff I don't like is really bad for my taste. The sad part is that there are songs on this album that scores low for me. But a chord change here and there and other rather minor changes would've changed quite a lot for me.

I can't help it... I feel like the 'je ne sais Quai' is gone. I'm over analysing stuff and I'm simply not impressed. I want more 'musical gymnastics' than what is provided with Automaton.

Perhaps I should make it clear that everything is performed with impeccable perfection. The musicianship is stellar as usual. It's just that their talents and skills are underutilised in my opinion.

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 20:46    Reply with quote

Shake It On 10/10
Automaton 10/10
Cloud 9 7/10
Superfresh 10/10
Hot Property 8/10
Something About You 9/10
Summer Girl 9/10
Nights Out In The Jungle 8/10
Dr Buzz 9/10
We Can Do It 5/10
Vitamin 6/10
Carla 10/10

Vincenzo89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 01:02    Reply with quote

Shake It On 7/10
Automaton 3/10
Cloud 9 5/10
Superfresh 2/10
Hot Property 8/10
Something About You 7/10
Summer Girl 9/10
Nights Out In The Jungle 3/10
Dr Buzz 7/10
We Can Do It 4/10
Vitamin 9/10
Carla 6/10
Nice and Spicy 7/10

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 03:24    Reply with quote

It's hard for me to give a definitive review of Automaton with so few total listens (10+ so far), but here is what I will say about each track so far.

Shake It On [8] - As I have seen mentioned before, I think that this was a perfect track to kick off the album (set the tone) and show people what kind of album to expect. I find it to be a bit like a revamped version of Little L.

Automaton [4] - I don't hate the song (even though giving it low marks), but I think it feels very disjointed compared to the rest of the album, which some people may prefer. It just doesn't feel as smooth as the other tracks, a bit over produced. I do like the video though (very powerful imagery).

Cloud 9 [6] - Fun little disco track (reminds me of CHIC), but not much meat to it. I don't find much bringing me back to it for repeat listens.

Superfresh [0] - I would rather them have given us an 11 track album than put this on there. It really surprises me that they would have picked this to include in the album. It is just a severely generic sounding track with terrible vocoder effects. Full disclosure this track reminds me a lot of Give Hate A Chance which I can not stand.

Hot Property [9] - Killer electro-bass sound, and I am really digging the crazy musical effect that comes in around the 3 min 11 sec mark. The only thing keeping me from giving this a 10 is the (IMO) stupid russian vocal sample. Really just puts me out of the song. Other than that I would say best track on the album.

Something About You [7] - Starts out a little cheesy, but quickly jumps into a great funky sound (reminds me of a Talking Heads style).

Summer Girl [7] - Trying to get into this one more, but I'm just not as crazy about it as others. Funky bass line and strings give it a really airy feel, but I there is something that is just keeping me from really diggin it.

Nights Out in The Jungle [6] - Another track that could do without the odd samples/vocoder (digital vinyl scratching sound is forced compared to DJ D-Zire's well timed placement on older tracks). Not bad, but not great.

Dr Buzz [5] - Not a bad title, but I wish that Jay wouldn't have used it in the chorus (but when hasn't he used the track title in a song). Honestly the use of Dr Buzz on the chorus reminds me of a kids song. I think lyrically this song could use the most work, plus they use another unnecessary sample (the police radio calls), why??? The outro is definitely the strongest part for me (would love an extended version).

We Can Do It [8] - I get why people find this track too repetitive, but I really dig the vocal styling that Jay uses on this (sounds like a version of Sting - a bit like he did on Drifting Along). Something about this track really grabs me.

Vitamin [9] - Probably the most interesting track in terms of musical progression. I would love to get some more Jamiroquai tracks in this style (reminds me a bit of an analog version of Fast Persuader).

Carla [8] - Another great electro bass track, with a little funky guitar here and there. I think the vocal effects work well for Jay on this track (a bit of an echo added). This could be a real dance floor filler if remixed properly. Great track to end the album with.

Nice & Spicy [6.5] - I have been able to listen to this a few times and really like it and can say that it definitely fits the album's style. I think should have been included in all releases. It could have started off without the solo guitar and just kicked off with the electro sound (9 sec in). I love the sound of the chorus, but that damn male vocal sample of "Nice & Spicy" is just horrible. The part where Jay says Nice and Spicy repeatedly for 15 seconds (around 2 min 55 sec) is also unnecessary and just sounds weird (IMO). This would potentially be a top contender without these few annoyances.

Overall I do like the album quite a bit and do think that it could bring some casual listeners back to Jamiroquai. Musically I would fit it between Synkronized and AFO. Pretty funky (Synk), but with a bit more electro (AFO). I am not sure where I would place it on my list of best Jamiroquai albums yet, but maybe I will come back and edit this post once I determine. I would encourage all to bring this album up to their friends, as I think it is a more "crowd pleasing" album than some prior efforts which will only bring more attention to Jamiroquai and hopefully more tours and music from our favorite band.

mrdance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 08:43    Reply with quote

jamfan2005 wrote:

Superfresh [0] - I would rather them have given us an 11 track album than put this on there. It really surprises me that they would have picked this to include in the album. It is just a severely generic sounding track with terrible vocoder effects. Full disclosure this track reminds me a lot of Give Hate A Chance which I can not stand.

I agree with this. Frankly, I find the track a little embarrassing (but wouldn't give it 0)

You mention in your review how the album is generally sharable with friends... well, at 2.30 on this track, the parallel vocoder moment is quite possibly the most cringe worthy thing I've ever heard JMQ do. I'm a soon to be music teacher, and if any of my GCSE students decided to write that... I would tell them to try harder!!

I would never play this to my musical friends...

[Re: Don't Give Hate a Chance... I actually quite liked it. Fewer absolutely terrible moments, perhaps?]

Javis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 13:31    Reply with quote

mrdance wrote:

the parallel vocoder moment is quite possibly the most cringe worthy thing I've ever heard JMQ do.
I'm a soon to be music teacher, and if any of my GCSE students decided to write that... I would tell them to try harder!!

Here in the forum we have many users who know a lot about music. Some of them are musicians, have bands, others are music teachers like you, I've studied music and play bass (which I don't think it's a big deal).

But what I find funny is the amount of people who feels in the position of criticize the Jamiroquai (as a band) as if they were amateurs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, lets remember it all comes down to the taste of any particular listener. I DO LIKE Superfresh a lot, and I think the vocoder fits the song (and the overall album style) quite well.

Implying you know more than someone with a exceptional musical career, is kind of laughable.

mrdance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 14:03    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
mrdance wrote:

the parallel vocoder moment is quite possibly the most cringe worthy thing I've ever heard JMQ do.
I'm a soon to be music teacher, and if any of my GCSE students decided to write that... I would tell them to try harder!!

Implying you know more than someone with a exceptional musical career, is kind of laughable.

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear.

First off, certainly not what I'm trying to imply. I have quite possibly the greatest respect for these exceptional musicians.

All I am saying is that here, I wouldn't make that particular choice. The way the vocoder has been used, to my ears, sounds like a sequence of parallel chords. Which I strongly dislike.

..and the only reason I mentioned being a music teacher (which I kinda regret now!) is that writing parallel chords is something I wouldn't encourage my students to do. That's all.

Javis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 14:15    Reply with quote

All good! BTW congrats on becoming a teacher! Smile

def.con.1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 16:37    Reply with quote

So, I found the album very disappointing at first but, as I've lowered my expectations, it's growing on me. Honestly, it's not a major departure from AFO, Dynamite, or RDLS to my ears. I think all those albums are interchangeable. Automaton wouldn't have felt out of place being released in 2007 vs 2017, so considering it "a big improvement over" Dynamite or RDLS or a "return to form" is ridiculous.

Starting with AFO onward Jay Kay and the band have settled into a formula focused primarily on disco and highly-produced 4/4 dance-floor tracks with very dumb cliche lyrics (party time, fast women, etc). It is what it is, but the band hasn't been the same since TWM and definitely peaked creatively with Synkronized.

That said, I think Automaton is generally enjoyable, but the latter third of the album sounds way under-cooked. "Nights Out in The Jungle," "Dr Buzz," "We Can Do It," and "Carla" are among the laziest tracks Jamiroquai has done in my opinion. If "Vitamin" wasn't included toward the end of the album I'd probably just quit listening at "Summer Girl" every time.

Also, just a general observation - I think the one distinct and interesting sonic development with Automaton (besides the obvious electro stuff) is its strong Philly soul/Gamble & Huff vibe. Very glittery, syrupy, string-heavy, but minimal "quiet storm" sort of composition and production. This is especially exemplified by "Summer Girl." I dig that. I wish the album was a little shorter and stuck with that theme - a mixture of electro and Philly soul.

mrdance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 14:36    Reply with quote

[WARNING: this is a bit long, for which I’m sorry! But… I just can’t help but waffle when I talk about the things I love! I hope you find my thoughts interesting Smile ]

So, first things first. I’m absolutely delighted that there is a new album for us all to get into! We should be thankful that the guys are still going strong 25 years on, and personally speaking, the return of Jamiroquai in 2017 is exactly what I needed after a really rubbish 2016. It’s been great getting excited about the album, and of course sharing all these experiences with you! I CANNOT WAIT for the O2 gig (…missed the Roundhouse. Sob)

I’m also very happy that there has been concerted effort by the new record label to really promote this album – something that was completely lacking with RDLS. The new headgear / video / teasers have all been well executed here in the UK, and the excitement that surrounded the release felt a lot like AFO, which is great! Lots of radio plays, reviews and general good vibes for the return of the band… which hopefully equals many more live shows - the best bit!

As for the album itself, well… it’s a bit of a mixed bag for me, but a grower.

As others have said, it’s undoubtedly one of the best produced albums for a while. But as for the song writing, I find there are several strange choices made, usually regarding song structure. A jarring break here and there is fine, but across this album there really are just so many that some feel misplaced (I’m looking at you Hot Property!). Additionally, to me this album feels less ‘concept’ than AFO, which I think is a great shame (Automaton & Nights Out In The Jungle notwithstanding). I know I’m probably in the minority here, but when I first heard Automaton I was really excited that we might have a proper concept album on our hands… so when Cloud 9 came along – a solid track, but really just a ‘middle of the road’ single – I was initially a little disappointed.

I also don’t think I’m yet totally sold on the move to EDM (or whatever you call it). Derrick is amazing, and I want to listen to him live, not a drum sequencer. But… having just seen the re-imagining of Emergency On Planet Earth from the Paris gig, if Jamiroquai can make EDM work like Caravan Palace do in their gigs, I’m sold! As other have said, it really is a great bass album for Paul and I hope he had lots fun! And finally, I also strongly approve of the move towards a more keyboard orientated sound. It’s nothing against Rob’s contribution over the last few albums, I just prefer prominent keys on the studio albums.

Shake It On [6]
A new album / a new era? As we’re returning to the electronic sound & drum sequencer last properly seen on AFO, I can’t help noticing the strong similarities to Feel So Good. In fact, I’ve now just noticed how they’re both in the same key - ha. Although I think I prefer the ambition of Feel So Good, Shake It On isn’t weak at all. I like the concept of how it builds up, literally ‘shaking it on’ and I really enjoy the sparse, warm guitar licks from Rob – a good signifier for how this album will now be keys driven. I do however find the tuned voice elements in the second verse (from 2’17) quite offensive to my sensitive disposition, and they stick out like a sore thumb – the track just didn’t need it. As we’ve got a repeated harmonic cycle here (save the middle 8 – go Paul!), I can’t help think that the addition of substitute chord in the outro would have made the difference for this track when played by Matt’s phat piano chords towards the end of the track. I cite BNH’s ‘You Are The Universe’ as an example. Overall though, this is close to being a great track, but just not quite. I’m sure this was / will be awesome when played live as the band’s opener though!

Automaton [8]
I must admit that I went on quite a journey with this song! Initially, it took me by total surprise… but after many, many listens I grew to appreciate its groove. I view it as a re-work of Everyone Is Going To The Moon (which incidentally, I always liked), but this is far more mature, both stylistically and lyrically. Automaton’s verse was initially challenging, but soon I found Matt’s angular synth line very melodic and now prefer it to the chorus, which is just a little too ‘bombastic’ for my taste. The cool effects really work on this track, and when married with the video are just awesome. In fact, I want to congratulate the band / record label for the overall Automaton concept / video / marketing, which really helped relaunch the band in 2017 as relevant. Alongside Dr Buzz, I find this has the deepest lyrics on the album, and I LOVE the nod to David Bowie with “feel like the man who fell to earth”. Very classy!

Cloud 9 [7]
Having listened to Automaton just a few times (!) by the time this tune was dropped, and ignoring all critics declaring that this was in JMQ’s ‘safe’ zone, I erroneously expected something quite different from Cloud 9. So, my initial feelings were of mild disappointment. But now I’ve grown to appreciate that it’s just a neat, understated, catchy single! Job done really. I dig the opening figure (where I hear Massive Attack’s ‘Paradise Circus’), and the overall groove feels like a chilled-out interpretation of Superman Lover’s ‘Starlight’. Cutting a cheeky bar in the final chorus is pleasing, and it’s a real shame that Matt doesn’t give us a longer solo as they fade out! Prefer this to Seven Days in Sunny June, and definitely to Blue Skies! It was a very nice single to release.

Superfresh [4]
Right, so this track appears to really polarise opinion… and yep, I’m not going to sit on the fence either! In brief, what I have always found attractive in JMQ’s later sound from Synkronized onwards (which, incidentally was my first album), is the strong, yet subtle connection to disco. Things like a disco beat pattern on most JMQ tracks, prominent bass etc. Unfortunately, I just find this a total parody of the disco sound, and offers very little of interest in comparison to what, for example, Canned Heat has. To compound things, there are simply too many vocal effects for my taste. So yeah – it’s a skipped track for me, and I don’t think it’ll be a grower.

Hot Property [8]
First things first. After many listens, I don’t hear ‘Staying Alive’ anymore. Huzzah! Having dealt with that, I can now declare that is much I love about this track! The harmonic progression Matt developed in the chorus is seriously sexy, and makes me very happy. In fact, the way he prepares the suspension has me singing along each time, without fail. So, top marks there! And by the by, can anyone else hear Snoop Dogg’s ‘Let’s Get Blown’ in this? Anyway, I absolutely love the groove of the chorus, and the slap bass elements that periodically make an appearance are fabulous. More please! It’s just the structure of the song that has me down and glum. I think that a song with a chorus as catchy as this does itself a disservice by having not only one, but two (!) thematic breaks right in the middle. For me this rather ruins the momentum of the song, and doesn’t quite work. But soon, the break is over and we’re back into the sexy chorus to play us out, and I’m happy again. Really looking forward to hearing this one live!

Something About You [9.5]
OK, on this track I think I diverge from the pack a little – I really, really dig it!! In fact, it’s currently my fav. You see, during the off season (during those seven, looooong years), I’ve done a lot of Matt Johnson listening, and to my ears, this song, more than any other, feels entirely his composition. Sounds like it could be right off his Travelogue album (to which I think Rob contributed also?) Anyway, what I’m saying is that I’ve been sonically prepared to love this little ditty right off the bat, and I just think it’s so beautiful. It suits Jay’s voice, the synth sounds are just right, the syncopated bass and synth passages are cheeky, and the vocal effects which pervade most of the rest of the album really work here. Finally, the diminution sequence for “feel like dancing” (x2) & “feel like dancing” (x2), “taking chances” (x1) is really cute, simple and clever all at once. LOVE IT. Finally, and something that been commented on by lots of others, the outro is just gorgeous – harkening back to outros of Scam or Stillness in Time. In fact, you do wish Jay did more with it… but for me, it’s just enough for me to press ‘repeat’! Perfect.

[P.S. I note that at the time of writing Something About You is the most played track on Spotify - after Automaton and Cloud 9. Get it on the radio boys!]

Summer Girl [6.5]
There is certainly much to love about this song. It has a serious laid back, hazy summer groove to it. Sexy chord progression, lush, languid counter melodic interest in the strings, strong bass playing. Like a modern day Mr Moon? And I particularly like the section at 3’30 where we break down into some kind of Quincy Jones Big Band landscape (do wish there were more horns on the record generally…) However, I do think this tune is a little caught between a rock and hard place on form, again. Like, I would be quite happy if we had the 4 chords the entire way through, and maybe no chorus at all?... as this would certainly fit the vibe of the song. But discovering the new harmonic material at 3’00 just feels a little late to me, and then we’re back into the original material at 4’03. But then again, I suppose, you could interpret this moment as that imaginary moment Jay is having with the Summer Girl, right?

Nights Out In The Jungle [7]
I love that in 2017 JMQ have found the space to include a track like this. An experimental ‘instrumental’ tune that was sorely missing from the last couple of albums – I’m a big fan. Sometimes less is more, and when compared to the rest of the album (a loud, complex production full of vintage synths, EDM and the rest) I like the acoustic, stripped back feel you get with this tune. The strong, repetitive bass line reminds me of Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing, the re-introduction of a turntable is great, and I really dig the ethno percussion material we get 3’57. In fact, I’ve always loved that JMQ have someone like Sola in the band, and moments like this are always welcome. OK, so now for the Even Better Ifs… As others have mentioned, I do wish that this track was fully instrumental or perhaps had someone else on lead vocals. Back in the day, Jay was known to take a break on the studio albums, and I think it would have worked here. The ‘monkey’ sounds are cool, but not quite fully realised. In fact, it reminds me a lot of Cristobal Tapia De Veer’s vocal noises from the UK TV series ‘Utopia’ – check it out… truly terrifying! And finally, this is another instance where I feel we get the 2nd material just too late in the song (at 3’57), so the form of the track just doesn’t quite work for me. But yes – this track has massively grown on me, and won’t be skipped, much like I never skip Didjerama or any of the B-Side instrumentals, Slipin’ ‘n’ Slidin’ et al. So, this is my sincere plea to JMQ - more of this please!! More instrumental B-Sides!!

Dr Buzz [8.5]

I’m not usually one to really pay much attention to the lyrics of a song, but much like the best Stevie Wonder social commentary songs, it’s hard not to appreciate and admire this! The warm, dream-like escapism mood created in the chorus, and the helpless, tragic verses are just awesome. It’s probably in this song where Matt’s signature, abrupt thematic gear-change is at its most effective. At 2’47 I can really feel the sinister “if you cross my street I’ll tell you there’ll be hell to pay” from the police. Really strong writing. And the closing outro with “hands up, don’t shoot” with its 5 rising, ominous chords and the distorted guitar solo really paints a tragic (and final??) ending for our unfortunate protagonist. Lifting him up to heaven? Yeah – I really love this track. For me it’s the definitive social observation song of the modern JMQ era.

We Can Do It [5]
Ah, so to where to start this track? First the positives! I think that it’s rather close to being complete, but… just not quite. It’s a straight-forward song, and that’s definitely a good thing if you’re going to follow Dr. Buzz and precede Vitamin. I hear a very strong ‘London’, two-tone vibe to it, and perhaps it could be considered a kind of homage to The Specials? I don’t take particular offence at its repetitive nature actually, as this is in keeping with the genre / style of the song. However, I just wish they arranged the song differently for Jay’s voice. The reality is his voice has matured, and as such, the tenor of the song is too high. In fact, when he drops down at around 3’06, I feel myself going “yeah! that’s nice!” So much like Virtual Insanity, I doubt this will get played live much, which is a real shame to exclude a perfectly nice song (unless they transpose it!) However, the way the way it’s presented here, I fear I’ll be skipping this track quite regularly.

Vitamin [9]
One of my all-time favourite JMQ tracks was that collaboration with M-Beat on Do You Know Where You’re Coming From. With its fast, incessant drum pattern running underneath, and with and that slow, gorgeous, almost ethereal JMQ harmonies layered on top, it was irresistible combination for me. So ever since I first heard that track, I’ve pined for a return to that drum and bass experiment. Well… that wait is over… this is it, and I’m absolutely delighted! Highlights include the lush harmonies, an awesome bass performance from Paul, fantastic urgency in the chorus (which is impressive considering the preceding momentum of the verse) and the strings arrangement from Simon Hale – his run into the chorus at 2'44 is vintage JMQ and makes me smile every time. I appreciate the subtle changes in the drum pattern, and I actually like the scat sax break in the middle as for me it suits the song, preparing us nicely for the return of the chorus. I’m undecided whether the track would benefit from more prominent horn stabs (say at 2’49), but I’ve read somewhere that Jay wanted to move away from this. I suppose we’ve already had Do It Like We Used To Do for that… But yeah, overall – love it. Vintage Jamiroquai are back!

Carla [8.5]
Although I don’t pay much attention to lyrics most of the time (never have…), Jay’s predilection for singing about ‘frivolous’ things (such as beautiful girls, cars, more girls, more cars) has always been a little hard to relate to - Black Devil Car anyone? However, this song is not frivolous. They’ve managed to make it so human by displaying Jay’s fragile side and sincere love for Carla, that it effortlessly demands my respect. Musically speaking, on first listen this was my standout track of the album. Perhaps now, it’s fallen a little bit back as I’ve got more into others, but I still return to it. But my jump for joy / absolutely favourite element of the song is the flattened bass note that ends the harmonic sequence (don’t know how to properly describe that)… it’s JUST SO JMQ – I cite you Little L & Emergency On Planet Earth (verse) as examples. But yeah.. simple, strong, emotional, yet familiar… a great way to finish the album.

Bravo guys! Thanks for coming back!! Smile Smile

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 18:31    Reply with quote

good

***STONED AGAIN***

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 00:27    Reply with quote

mrdance wrote:
Cloud 9 [7]
.......and the overall groove feels like a chilled-out interpretation of Superman Lover’s ‘Starlight’. ........

That's hilarious that you point this out, b/c I was literally driving in my car yesterday thinking of how similar these two songs sounded, and how it seemed someone could mix/mash-up these tunes easily.

edit:::::: Any chance we could convince Jay and the boys to do a cover of Starlight at one of their shows?

Last edited by jamfan2005 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 00:25; edited 2 times in total

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 04:44    Reply with quote

Here's my two part video review of Automaton, total score: 4.5 Out Of 5 Stars:

AUTOMATON WEEK! | My Automaton Album Review | Part #1 | First 6 Songs!
Arrow https://youtu.be/uf3bwi9v6vY

AUTOMATON WEEK! | My Automaton Album Review | Part #2 | Last 6 Songs!
Arrow https://youtu.be/oDHw4idR0kA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: