jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Cardiff Int. Arena and US Tour Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 18:06    Reply with quote

Cardiff Int. Arena and US Tour Articles
Hello Jamirotalkers,

Searching online, I found this nice little review on JMQ's show:

Review: Jamiroquai Sep 14 2005Sian Harris, South Wales Echo

Cardiff International Arena

JAY KAY could not have picked a better song than Canned Heat to kick off the night because that boy certainly has got something in his shoes.

Whether it is springs or rockets I'm not sure but for two hours the Cat in a Spiky Black Hat slid, leapt, flew and danced on every inch of the stage.

Following the opener with Return of the Space Cowboy, Jay Kay (pictured right) shouted out: "Wales, Wales, Wales. It's been a long time - too long."

The packed CIA of mostly twenty and thirty-somethings agreed, responding to every song with a roar of applause.

This crowd were veteran members of the Jamiroquai fan club, as excited by Revolution from their first album as Dynamite and Seven Days in Sunny June from their new one.

And after 13 years, Jay Kay himself is evidently well pleased still to be around, thanking the crowd several times for keeping the band in business.

Cosmic Girl got the crowd going, especially when the line "sends me into hyper space" was accompanied by a lighting effect of shooting stars on the big screen.

Little L and Lovefoolosophy also went down a storm, with the night ending in a deafening cry for an encore of Deeper Underground.

I also found this article about the forthcoming tour in North America:

Jamiroquai Returns to North American Shores
Published: 2005-09-14
UK funksters Jamiroquai, headed by that fleet-footed alpha bachelor Jay Kay, have announced a return to North America for a tour that will include two Canadian stops.

The tour will be in support of Dynamite, the group’s sixth album and first in four years, which will be released in North America on September 20th. The record, described in an official press release as “big, bouncy and high octane” and “Jamiroquai’s most diverse sounding disc to date,” will be released in DualDisc format with various DVD features included.

The band will tour Europe before heading this way. Hey, maybe Jay will bust out the Napoleon Dynamite routine on “Canned Heat.” Wait…Dynamite…Napoleon Dynamite…coincidence? I think not. Laughing

And this article, which talks about the new US tour (hey, after all, maybe now that Dynamite will be released in there... the Napoleon Dynamite thing will probably help...)

Jamiroquai readies for first U.S. tour in yearsSeptember 12, 2005 08:49 PM
by Jon Zahlaway
liveDaily Senior Writer
British funk outfit Jamiroquai (tickets | music) is gearing up for the Sept. 20 release of its sixth studio album, "Dynamite," and will back the set with its first North American tour in more than six years.

While on the road, Jamiroquai will make appearances on the Nov. 7 episode of NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and the Nov. 11 episode of ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

"Dynamite," co-produced by Jamiroquai singer/songwriter Jay Kay and producer Mike Spencer (Kylie Minogue), follows 2001's "A Funk Odyssey." The new disc features the lead-off single "Feels Just Like It Should," the music video for which is streaming at Epic's Jamiroquai website.

"The groove in ['Feels Just Like It Should'] is absolutely filthy," Kay said in a statement. "If you haven't released an album in four years, you want to return with an impact. This song says 'I'm back with a vengeance.'"

The DualDisc version of "Dynamite" will include the "Feels Just Like It Should" video, as well as a making-of documentary and a "collection of various eye and ear candy," according to a press release.

Jamiroquai has sold more than 20 million albums, according to Epic. The group's trophy case includes a Grammy and five MTV Video Music Awards.

"Canned Heat," a cut from Jamiroquai's 1999 album "Synkronized," is featured in last year's cult-hit film "Napoleon Dynamite," during a scene in which the film's star, Jon Heder, dances to the song. The clip recently won an MTV Movie Award for "Best Action Sequence."

What do you think? It'll be a hit like in the TWM era?? Cool

D! (dyego)

MoonShooter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 18:36    Reply with quote

Thanks for those! Cool

This tour is actually sounding alot like how the TWOM tour sounded

cwstard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 20:54    Reply with quote

Was at the show last night. Was good, though not amazing. Saying that, the only other show I have to compare it to was the Ealing Carling Homecoming show and that was mindblowing! 3detective

Anyway, David Rowe has put some of my photos up on Funkin - have a look at:
http://funkin.com/live/gallery/?set=946342
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: