jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

TUNE STORIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cosmic Girl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 18:18    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
theres also a "funny" story about a derrick fault (or this is what i think) in cosmic girl played in woodstock 99, where he don't play the drum change to enter from intro to the song and jay says "haha motherfucker! you miss!".......someday i will get the video of the concert and i will confirm this, thing i ask myself all the times i hear the concert...Smile

appart from those times it's so hard to see derrick doing something wrong......Wink

)

Kaki awesome what you wrote I am proud of you, and I can confirm you that it was the fault of the trumpet player in woodstock 99. They screwed it so up while they tried to play cosmic girl. And jay was really pissed
(I looked on my woodstock dvd from 1999).

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 19:21    Reply with quote

Very Happy thanks! someday i will see that video! Question Exclamation Wink

***STONED AGAIN***

Zsoma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 14:51    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
theres also a "funny" story about a derrick fault (or this is what i think) in cosmic girl played in woodstock 99, where he don't play the drum change to enter from intro to the song and jay says "haha motherfucker! you miss!".......someday i will get the video of the concert and i will confirm this, thing i ask myself all the times i hear the concert...Smile

As I think (and see) Jay only said this because at the beginning Cosmic Girl someone tried to hit Jay with a bottle or something from the the crowd, but he missed it, that's why Jay said this Twisted Evil

But people kept on throwing things up to the stage under Deeper Underground, Jay really pissed off, provocated the crowd, he was jumping like a clown in the circus (someone finally managed to hit him), really funny to see. If you listen ti the end of Deeper Underground on the woodstock bootleg Jay says: "Woodstock, see you in another thirty years when I'm pushing sixty, try to hit me next time..." I'll cut this part from the video and put it online next week.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 22:35    Reply with quote

great info! thanks

***STONED AGAIN***

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 07:25    Reply with quote

i know, i'm rather late with this but just stumbled upon this:

Samiroquai wrote:
and ii) the original of Sunny is by Boney M (no idea who Bob Hebb is, but I wasn't able to find him anywhere on Amazon)

the boney m version is a cover as well. bob hebb is normally called 'bobby hebb' and he did the original version of sunny. actually i'm quite sure if you hear it, you'd slap your forhead and say 'yeah, right, i do know that version' Wink

[Picture removed because of possible copyright conflict]

Last edited by CosmicBear on Fri Sep 26, 2008 23:13; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

anya korjik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 20:04    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
anya korjik wrote:
Hey,Partypeople!Anyboby knows information about song name is "Cannabliss"?

this song was played by jamiroquai on funk odyssey tour in 2002.
in an interview (i think it was Rob) said that the intro and outro of corner of the earth was first made to be a full song named cannabliss, but they put only a short part of it as intro for corner of the earth at the end.
But the song played as cannabliss in those late tour concerts was so different from this intro, maybe they had the lyrics wrote for the other one, later made this new tune, and put the lyrics on it.
Thanks 4 info,as i undastand @cannabliss@must will be on Dynamite?on video from Budukan/Jay says:it's song from next album!i'm right?
By the way^don't stop the Feeling -it's cover version or original jamiroquai's track?

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 21:14    Reply with quote

yes, jay said some times that the song will be on next album, but finally it's not on it, someone asked them if they had recorded it but i don't remember the answer.
don't stop the feeling is a cover, it's original song from roy ayers

***STONED AGAIN***

anya korjik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 21:27    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
yes, jay said some times that the song will be on next album, but finally it's not on it, someone asked them if they had recorded it but i don't remember the answer.
Wow!Thank u !By the way "Our time is comin@ is Roy's song too!Super!Roy ruleezzz!!!!!!!On the which Roy Ayers album i can find this song?I have a Roy CD@Shinin symbol:Ultimate collection@/but i don't find "don't stop the feelin@ there/// Rolling Eyes

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 19:59    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:

I read this a long time ago, the intro and outro of 'Corner Of The Earth' was actually an entire song called 'Cannabliss'. According to one of the bandmembers (I think Rob) said that there is an unfinished version from the AFO sessions.

D! (dyego)

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 21:55    Reply with quote

Diego// Twenty Zero Three wrote:
jamirokaki wrote:

I read this a long time ago, the intro and outro of 'Corner Of The Earth' was actually an entire song called 'Cannabliss'. According to one of the bandmembers (I think Rob) said that there is an unfinished version from the AFO sessions.

D! (dyego)

Yes, I think that's what Rob said in the Jamirotalk interview

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 20:04    Reply with quote

yes...it's already written in this thread..... Rolling Eyes

***STONED AGAIN***

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 00:14    Reply with quote

didjerama
i can't believe i didn't notice this before, and actually i never heard nobody talking about this:
why the song is called didjerama? as far as i know the word "rama" is put for a place where there is lots of something ( i know this from the simpsons bowl-a-rama diarama-rama, smell-o-rama fold-o-rama etc and also in futurama)
the thing is that..........there s more that one didgeridoo playing in the song! there are at least to didgeridoos playing at the same time!

***STONED AGAIN***

mr.az

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 04:38    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
didjerama
i can't believe i didn't notice this before, and actually i never heard nobody talking about this:
why the song is called didjerama? as far as i know the word "rama" is put for a place where there is lots of something ( i know this from the simpsons bowl-a-rama diarama-rama, smell-o-rama fold-o-rama etc and also in futurama)
the thing is that..........there s more that one didgeridoo playing in the song! there are at least to didgeridoos playing at the same time!

cool Wink
AFO=AUTOMATON

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 18:01    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
there s more that one didgeridoo playing in the song! there are at least to didgeridoos playing at the same time!

Yeah, I noticed that some time ago
It's interesting, those two tracks, with Didjital Vibrations, puts me in a different mood, and actually, I do enjoy listen to them.

D! (dyego)

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 01:36    Reply with quote

I've never tought about that didjerama thing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: