jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

COSTA RICA, San Jose, Festival Imperial 1 April 2006 REVIEWS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jaynamite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 04:46    Reply with quote

COSTA RICA, San Jose, Festival Imperial 1 April 2006 REVIEWS
Ok tomorow is the great day, I won´t sleep tonite...

Jamiroquai is taking part of the 2006 Festival Imperial (A Brand of Beer), on Saturday 1st. Check the Schedule:

Saturday 1st

16.00-16.30 BELANOVA
16.45-17.45 VICENTICO
18.00-19.00 GANDHI (Costarican Rock Band)
19.15-20.30 DIEGO TORRES
21.00-23.00 JAMIROQUAI

15.00-15.30 HECTOR THE FATHER
15.45-16.45 MIRANDA
17.00-18.00 MALPAIS (Costarican Rock Band)
18.15-19.30 THE RASMUS
20.00-22.00 STING

Jamiroquai is the main event of saturday (And for me the main event in the whole year), and today has arrived here in a private Jet

Take a look, about what he ask for the backstage (Nothing Outrageus):

-Artificially Flavored Carbonated Beverages (Gatorade...)
-A exclusive list of wines (Specifying no Chardonnay)
-Variety of teas
-Cranberry Juice 100% Natural
-Honey 100% Organic
-Ginger and Ginsen Blisters
-Also a hotel room for each of the members of the Staff at Hotel Camino Intercontinetal (Very Luxurios Hotel 5 stars)

This event is getting a lot of promoting here, but still I´ve heard nothing about radio broadcasting, or television, the only thing I know is that there will be several journalist taking coverage...

For example, this page will be putting online live pictures and interviews as the concerts are taking place, so if you want to make the calculations

Jamiroquai is performing at 21.00 on Saturday so for example in London will be the 03.00 on sunday, I don´t think that some of you guys try to awake that early, but however, here´s the link

www.nacion.com/viva/festival

other page

www.festivalimperial.com

you´ve got to register so get an spanish dictionary, or...

Wait until sunday night and I´ll be posting a review, and if I´m luck enough, I´ll try to pass with my camera, and a Tape Recorder...

See ya!!!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 16:07    Reply with quote

Thanks for preparing this review thread, Jaynamite!! good
I was going to do this as well, but you were faster! That's cool! Wink

I am afraid you won't read this before the gig - anyways, I wanna wish you an amazing night with loads of fun and funk and good vibes!! fire jump

Make sure you enjoy it and come back as soon as you can for reviews and pictures!! Very Happy

Cosmic greetings,
Mouse

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 16:55    Reply with quote

HAHA Diego Torres and Vicentico. Two big stars here in Argentina.

D! (dyego)

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 02:12    Reply with quote

Diego// Twenty Zero Three wrote:
HAHA Diego Torres and Vicentico. Two big stars here in Argentina.

D! (dyego)

Juas!! if you look only with one eye "diego torres" looks like jay kay.....they have a very similar face structure............and dont forget "miranda" and lolo's guitar that will be in that festival with Sting

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 07:29    Reply with quote

SETLIST:

Canned Heat
Space Cowboy
Cosmic Girl
Corner Of The Earth
Revolution 1993
Little L
Seven Days In Sunny June
You Gave Me Something
Use The Force
Dynamite
Black Capricorn Day
Love Foolosophy
Time Won't Wait
(Don't) Give Hate A Chance
Virtual Insanity
Alright
Deeper Underground

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

FRA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 08:13    Reply with quote

LA GUACIMA, COSTA RICA: Jay Kay, singer of British band Jamiroquai, performs at the La Guacima race track in La Guacima, some 24 kms north of San Jose, 01 April 2006, in the biggest concert of the year in this country.

*pics removed - Rinaldo*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 08:19    Reply with quote

Thanks Fra!! Kiss
Those photos from the south american gigs look all very similar with that "(i-know-it's-not-a)-Poncho" of Jay - but I love them!! 2bouncy

If they sold replicas from that thing in the Jam-Shop or at the concerts as merchandise I would buy one for sure!! Altough the prize would probably be damn high!! Confused

Mouse

ObiWanFunky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 14:55    Reply with quote

The poncho
I've heard that JK bougth that poncho on Peru. Here in argentina if you visit the north provinces you can find similar stuff......i think that jk use this poncho in the S.American tour, becouse "the poncho" is a nice way to represent S.A......i dont konw certanly, but i think that it's possible......I love that kind of clothes, the ones that are handmade by the incas family.......very nice clothes....

By tha way.....JK usually sweat a lot, here at BA wears, the poncho, the argentine jacket, under, and his clasical black jucket under the poncho and under the argentine jacket......and it was a warm nigth........JA!

Jaynamite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 22:20    Reply with quote

Wow, FRA, you´re faster than the speed of light
@Cosmic Mouse: Thanks, I had a Great Time

Yeah… yeah… Alrigth. What a wonderful night

My day started at 7.00 when I woke up, and first thing I thought was that it was the day.

The Race Track La Guacima is 16 miles away from San Jose Downtown, so I managed to get on to the Bus at 10.30 and get there at 11.15; I knew it was going to be such a long wait until Jamiroquai. In line there was and approximated number of 150 persons in queue line, so I was afraid that I won’t make it to the first row.

13.00 The place opened the doors, and as soon as I pass the security people, I run like crazy, and yes, I was in the first row; there I met some others Jamiroquai fans, like Susan, Carolina, Carlos, Javier and Alex. Still 3 hours left ‘til the concert start, and 8 hours away from Jamiroquai’s performance.

16.30 The Festival started 30 minutes late, as everything here in Costa Rica. Belanova appeared in stage, some teenagers in the bottom started singing, we were just waiting

17.30 The Argentina’s ex Fabulosos Cadillacs, Vicentico started his show. I was concerned, because the place wasn’t fully crowded, but a several number of people with Jamiroquai T-Shirts started to arrive

And, something strange but nice, A complete family with Jamiroquai T-Shirts, Mother, Father and 3 kids (Including one 3 years old, I guess, the youngest Jamiroquai fan present in a concert, he didn´t like to listen to Barney, he rather listen to Little L, his mother said )

18.50 Appeared in Scene Gandhi, great show, but I won’t talk to much ‘cause I think you’ve never heard of them

20.00 Diego Torres show started, and we were smashed by some girls, screaming, throwing blouses, we started to get impatient. I turn and I see the place complete full, 17.000 people

22.15 Jamiroquai Appeared, finally after a long wait of 11 hours, and people went mad with the Enter The Dragon Intro

Set-List

Enter The Dragon (Intro)
Canned Heat
Space Cowboy
Cosmic Girl
Revolution 1993
Little L
Seven Days In Sunny June
High Times
Dynamite
Use The Force
Black Capricorn Day
Love Foolosophy – Main Vein
Time Won’t Wait
Don’t Give Hate A Chance
Alright
Deeper Underground

Before Enter The Dragon started, some electronic music was playing and the people started, dancing, but not as mad as with Jamiroquai performance, Canned Heat started and people started singing, jumping, clapping and screaming and it was the tendency for all the Night.

The band performance. Just amazing. Great solos by Paul, Matt and Rob.

Jay was on top form, I think as in every other concert they played in this Latin-American tour, Jumping and Dancing from side to side in stage, posing for pictures. Unfortunally, I wasn’t able to get a camera with good resolution, and cameras with large lenses weren’t allowed. Susan did have a good camera so I’ll tell she to bring the pictures

High points of the evening (Should I say “Highest”?)

During Cosmic Girls Jay Introduced the song as this is for “Las Lindas Chicas de Costa Rica”… Agree on that, there were just some nice girls beside me (Lucky guy, hey)

Jay said before Don’t Give Hate A Chance, “The world is controlled by those who wants to make war, and the people who makes the money, is the people who manufactures weapons, so they don’t want to stop making wars”

During Alrigth Jay threw a bottle of Gatorade to the crowd, and a guy behind me got it. We appeased our thirst. And he kept the bottle. Then he told the camarogtrapher to point at the 3 years old kid with Jamiroquai T-Shirt, and started laughing

During Deeper Underground some guy threw to the stage a Costa Rican Soccer T-Shirt, and Rob got it, but instantly, Jay grabbed it from his hands saying “No mate, this one is for me” and turn to the Crowd and said “Ok Costa Rica, thank you so much, good luck with the Germans” referring to the opening game of the 2006 Soccer World Cup

What a great Night… Hopping It would repeat some day

Today I woke up and look for the news paper, take a look a the title-page of the entertainment section

Tremendo = Terrific, imposing

I think Jay has never used a Hat like that

One strange thing. During the sound check the managers of Diego Torres had and altercate with the managers from Jamiroquai, and they resolved it by fighting. The Diego Torres manager ended with pounds at his nose and forehead

There will be a broadcast of the highlights of the event, some point in the future, so I’ll let you know (By now a small video of Deeper underground)

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/17064158/MVI_0648.avi.html

Sorry for bad english!!!

Jaynamite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 22:21    Reply with quote

Here are some great resolution pics of Jay

http://www.aldia.co.cr/ad_ee/2006/abril/02/farandula0.html

and FRA, They didn´t played Corner of the Earth, You Give Me Something and Virtual Insanity... That´s the Set-List From Colombia but still it was a great concert

FRA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 22:31    Reply with quote

Jaynamite!!!!!
Finally u got it!!!!!
Glad u had great blast during the gig! u were in front row to make those pix, rite?
Thx for your review, for pix (some of them r very pretty) and for the rapidshare link Wink
Surely JMQ spent a so good time in SA and i really believe they 'll come back to performance live again Wink
SA is giving them a very nice and warm welcome: u deserve all these good vibrations! Very Happy

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 02:01    Reply with quote

Great review Jaynamite and love the photos & video - thanks heaps Smile Smile Smile

SAMANTHA

Cesar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 15:04    Reply with quote

Great review + pictutes! Thanks.

I had to laugh at the fight between the managers of Jmq and Diego Torres... Smile

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 15:06    Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your review, jaynamite! good

Mouse

Catalonia is not Spain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 16:34    Reply with quote

Yeah, great review+stuff, guy. Gracias Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: