jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Kiev 2006-06-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

deesh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 01:42    Reply with quote

sometimes i get things late...this may have been posted somewhere on here, but i don't remember reading it...

http://www.kyivweekly.com/?art=1151443294

The day before Jamiroquai gave a concert in Russia. They were in such a hurry to come to Kyiv that they had no time to bring the stage props and open a visa for their sound producer. Despite this, the leader of the band Jay Kay was well received without the artistic props on the stage. Moreover, the stage image of the founder of Jamiroquai is inimitable and demonstrates that he is a true connoisseur of the culture and style of North American Indians. Indeed, he always appears on stage wearing headpieces of various styles. This evening he came wearing a headpiece with bright feathers like Indian warriors used to wear and a poncho in the colors of the Jamaican flag.

The leader of Jamiroquai gained his fame purely for his music. At the same time, Jay Kay confessed that to a certain extent he is a hostage of the producers of Sony Music, who demand that he write hits exclusively for radio. The fact is the producers understand that Jay Kay is a great composer and stylist. They consider him one of the founders of acid jazz, say that he revived the fame of forgotten funk, gave a new sound to soul, and mixed all these sounds with jazz and hip-hop to popularize a brand new sound.

Right from the start Jay Kay established contact with the Ukrainian audience by congratulating them on the victory of the Ukrainian national soccer team in the World Cup 2006 and praising the team captain Andriy Shevchenko.

Then he dedicated his famous hit Cosmic Girl to all Ukrainian girls. At the press conference, the musicians admitted that they were amazed by the beauty of Kyiv girls. Their impressions probably reminded them of the lyrics in the famous Beatles song Back in the USSR: “Them Ukraine girls really knock me out, they leave the West behind.”

It appeared that the reception of Jay Kay and company came as a bit of a surprise to them. The crowd gave ovations after each song, knew the lyrics to every song by heart and wildly reacted to every tempo change in the music. Needless to say, the pleasure from performing for the local audience was evident on the faces of all the band members – after the concert they applauded the audience.

The concert of the famous British muzicians just two weeks after the U.S. band The Black Eyed Peas is testimony to the fact that major promoters have taken notice of Ukraine and put the country on the map when organizing tours of world famous musicians.

If to compare the attendance at the Sports Palace for both concerts, it is clear that The Black Eyed Peas came out ahead. Incidentally, they began their career when the founder of Jamiroquai had recorded his third album for Sony Music.

For the young Kyiv audience fashionable performers of the last 2-3 years mean much more than leaders of music culture.

Indeed, the American band gathered almost 10,000 spectators, while the British guys drew nearly half. Whatever the case, the near 6,000 attendees are true and long-standing fans of Jamiroquai. And Jay Kay did not disappoint them.

Katarina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 13:57    Reply with quote

Jamiroquai in Kiew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi everyone!!! Very Happy
I'd like to scream to the whole world: JAMIROQUAI FINALLY CAME TO KIEW!!! Wowww!!!His concert here was just unforgettable,it was so energetic and blowing everybody's minds!!! Shocked I stood just in front of the scene and as I looked back to that huge crowd of people,that came to see the best group in the world,I couldn't believe my eyes:everybody was singing and dancing all the time,the mood was fantastic!!!
Jay made his best to keep the concert hall in euphoria,he danced his amazing dances and the rest of musicians were also great,they smiled to the people and were so energetic!!!
I can't find words to describe how great this concert was,but I think that those who visited some concerts of Jamiroquai understand my emotions!!!It's a pity that I have no fotos,but I keep everything fresh in my memory Smile
I congratulate everybody who visited this superconcert in Kiew and I wish all the best to all the fans!!!
Kiss you everyone!!!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 14:13    Reply with quote

Katarina, you are in very good company here! We know how you feel! Wink

Glad that you had such a good time after waiting so long for Jamiroquai to come to your country!!

Welcome to Jamirotalk.net! Enjoy! good

Mouse

Katarina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 14:18    Reply with quote

Very Happy
Danke schon!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: