jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

BELGIUM - Lokeren Festival 10 August 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

the_doesman
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 02:12    Reply with quote

Just got back from Belgium and need to get up in about 2 hrs so I'm gonna get me some sleep now, here's the setlist from Lokeren:

Enter the dragon
Canned Heat
Space Cowboy
Revolution
Little L
Dynamite
Use The Force
Black Capricorn Day
Travelling Without Moving
Love Foolosophy
Time Won't Wait
Don't Give Hate a Chance
Alright
encore: Deeper Underground

No surprises but the band was on a roll, Paul was wicked again

more tomorrow (which is actually later today)

gr
René

Last edited by the_doesman on Fri Aug 11, 2006 18:05; edited 1 time in total

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 05:37    Reply with quote

setlist is a bit disappointing Confused

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 07:41    Reply with quote

Thanks René...looking forward to hearing more! Very Happy

mariekedieke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 08:28    Reply with quote

OMG, i was backstage yesterday and Jay kay was only a few inches away from me.
It was my first jam-gig and i danced the whole concert.

freaky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 16:53    Reply with quote

Hey Rene!!

Either i forgot but on my arm it also said CN

First song was Canned Heat

Yes, i have some pics...and one..just for Meike

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (644538 KB) is 1136 x 852 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

WE HAD NO FLYERS, maybe this is ok??

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 17:07    Reply with quote

Sandriche wrote:
setlist is a bit disappointing Confused

At least "Dynamite" is back Rolling Eyes

D!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 17:30    Reply with quote

freaky wrote:

scream ...what's that, freaky???? please explain!!! and someone please translate that text!!

Mouse

the_doesman
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 17:58    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
freaky wrote:

scream ...what's that, freaky???? please explain!!! and someone please translate that text!!

Mouse

Hi Mouse

At the gig you could text messages to a mobile phone operator which showed them at that screen which was on the right side of the stage. the funniest would be awarded with a backstage tour. After I while we decided to bring talk to the attention of the crowd so I texted jamily reunite @ www.jamirotalk.net and 15 minutes later this was the result. No backstage tour though Sad

Maybe Mariekedieke saw it, I noticed it was her first post and Mariekedieke sounds like a Belgian or maybe a Dutchie (at the belgian gig)

You only need to read the first two sentences, the other two is another text message by someone else.

just back from a long day at 'the office' so I'm gonna have a chow first ... later

Last edited by the_doesman on Fri Aug 11, 2006 18:07; edited 1 time in total

the_doesman
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 18:05    Reply with quote

freaky wrote:
Hey Rene!!

Either i forgot but on my arm it also said CN

First song was Canned Heat

... must have been sleeping already ..

it was on the list - just overlooked it ...

I''ll edit the list I placed earlier

Inkgel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 18:43    Reply with quote

I was there too, I take some pictures but they are blurred! Sad

And some shorts videoclips (NO SOUND!)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LXDHU4KN

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OF33TSAE

mariekedieke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 19:06    Reply with quote

Thankx for the pictures and the clips !

I didn't see that textmessage because i was standing backstage Smile
It's always good to show a website, people mostly remember a website.
And is not so bad that you didn't get a backstagepass because it wasn't that special Sad
The securityguys weren't very nice.

ps: i am a belgian girl and found this site at the jamie cullumsite.

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 19:12    Reply with quote

Wonderful, Rene and freaky!! Great job! good Thanks so much!! Very Happy

... and sorry that it wasn't original enough to win that backstage tour. Rolling Eyes

Hi mariekedieke, welcome to Jamirotalk! Very Happy
Great to have another Jamie fan here as well Wink

Enjoy and have fun here! good

Meike

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:12    Reply with quote

some pix are here Smile

http://www.lokersefeesten.be/2005/en/fotos.php?show_detail=129&year=2006&trans_day=10

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

the_doesman
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:18    Reply with quote

Lokeren - august 10th 2006

My day started when I hopped on my bike for the ride to Lokeren, to be exact the Bed & Breakfast where I would meet Freaky and where I hopefully could stash my bike gear which fortunately was the case (it’s not funny to walk around with a helmet al evening).
About 15:00h I arrived and shortly after that Freaky returned from doing some shopping (girls and shopping). Still wearing her helmet her phone rang with the news of a new job starting next Monday – so her ‘day’ got a good start.
After a little chatting we where brought by our own private driver (the owner of the B&B) to the centre of Lokeren where the festival was held.

At the gates was totally no activity yet and the cash desk, where we would trade our internet booking for a wristband would only open at 18:30u, so we decided to wander about and check the centre out. There was a fun fair and some other stuff but there was not much to do besides enjoying the famous Belgian fries.

I don’t remember exactly what time we walked to the cash desk again but when we got there they just opened and we got our eagerly awaited wristband after what the wait for the opening of the gates started which was scheduled at 19:00h but took 15 min longer. During the wait we ran into Miss Deedy (Adidas), friend Martijn and (sorry, forgot the name) and soon after that it started to rain. Luckily for us it didn’t rain very long but long enough for Deedy to don her poncho. It stopped raining at the same time we reached the stage.

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (65074 KB) is 568 x 426 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

There weren’t that many people so running to obtain front row places was not really necessary and once we arrived at the front row we faced a dilemma. The area around stage was divided into two pieces - so where will we stand, left or right, at the base of the T-shaped stage where Jay might stand on while performing or really in front of the ‘main’ stage (see pic somewhere in this post). We chose the left side and at that base of the protrusion of the stage, some sort of catwalk idea. Jay got really close as you can see at the pic (lousy quality but my Sony Ericsson w800i didn’t quit cope with the light at that moment but this shot was taken without zooming in), the 2nd pic he just turned around but here you can see what the stage was like

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (179337 KB) is 969 x 1074 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (108470 KB) is 1004 x 652 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Anyway, in the beginning there weren’t that many people in our area but in the 45 minutes before the first band, Think of One, started their approx. 90 minute performance. It was very bombastic – lots of different drums - with some Brazilian influences and I liked it. In between gigs was a 30 minute wait until the next act, the Belgian band Arsenal – announced as best Belgian live act - started their performance. It was a good lively show with a surprise guest performance of Gabriel Rios and some black dude, all in all a good warming up for the main act. During the 45 minute wait for our beloved jamiroquai we decided to use the txt messaging system, which was actually meant to win a backstage tour by texting a funny message, to bring jamirotalk to the crowd’s attention.

X marks the spot where we stood

At exactly, at least on my watch, 23:45h the tune of Enter the Dragon started although a bit longer than usual because it took a little while before everybody was settled in their respective positions but then came the first sounds of Canned Heat and from then on it’s a blur …. Well not really but I don’t remember every quirk from the show. After Canned Heat the usual chit chat began in which he mentioned that this was the first of the last five shows and that he was going to rock the place down (or something like that – like a said, one big blur LOL )
My overall impression was that they we’re enjoying themselves on stage and that showed in their performance – they were really on a roll. Unfortunately there were no surprises with the track list but I really enjoyed myself so who cares!
Around 01:05u they ended Alright and went off stage and returned a couple off minutes later with Deeper Underground. He tried to let the audience jump but didn’t really succeed, maybe a third was hopping but not really jumping but I must admit that I didn’t look back so I don’t know what the crowd was doing there.

After High Times he ‘introduced’ Sola and Derrick but the rest of the band, which he probably meant to introduce later on, was forgotten.

The show ended at 01:20u after which we said goodbye to Deedy, Martijn and the girl whose name still doesn’t want to pop up in my head (sorry) and rushed to the train station where we would be picked up by our personal driver.
The started the hazardous trip back to Rotterdam because I had to start working again that next morning. Hazardous because riding a motorbike in ‘just after a big downpour of rain’ conditions on a road with no streetlights while being blinded by oncoming traffic is really NOT funny because of the lack of windscreen wipers (or should I say visor wipers). Anyway, I made it and arrived home at 04:00h, placed the set list and went to bed only to be waken up by my alarm at 06:30h for a long day of work …  Sad

Last edited by the_doesman on Mon Sep 22, 2008 20:14; edited 1 time in total

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 14:03    Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed review, Rene!! Very Happy
I love that group picture!! You guys look extremely happy and full of expectations. Wink

Meike good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: