jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Tufertschwil festival / switzerland 19th august
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 23:03    Reply with quote

Nice one!! good

Strange feeling... the tour is over for now... anxious

Anna was faster than Sandra with the setlist... I can go sleeping now, I am sooo tired... Wink

Mouse 2knockout

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 07:52    Reply with quote

Meike wrote:
Quote:
Strange feeling... the tour is over for now...

This is what i'm thinking! Crying or Very sad

anyway, i'm happy our Jamily had fun there: let's wait now for the reviews and pix

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

peggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:25    Reply with quote

It's such a strange feeling. Last year i was in Brussels, their last European concert 2005 and they looked very tired as well. But at least we could make pictures !
Hope someone could make pics !!!

And now waiting for October (maybe a bit sooner) 2007 !!! With fresh energy and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH old songs !!!!

Jamily, start saving money !!!!

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:27    Reply with quote

Ok guys, I am back....will write my review in a few mins...watch this space.... Smile

Thanks for posting the setlist Deesh Smile

xxx

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 18:50    Reply with quote

i won´t waste much money on my review because i am not very happy...

my highlights were

Arrow exchanging smiles with rob matt and paul during the gig
Arrow meeting anna janluka magda suzanna and buffel

soundproblems
performance was not special...
jay in a bad mood
rainy and cold
i only slept 2 hours today so i am not in the mood to go on

i think anna will write a good review about it al anywayl...

good night

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 18:57    Reply with quote

Sorry everyone, i fell asleep and woke up not long ago LOL! I didn't sleep all night, so understandably was exhausted! LOL!!

Review is coming now!!!!!!! Still writing! Thanks for your patience Very Happy
Wink

freaky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 19:04    Reply with quote

Sandriche wrote:
i won´t waste much money on my review because i am not very happy...

I get the tiredness..but...what is up???
Comming back from a jami gig, normally boosts my spirits!!

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 19:57    Reply with quote

My review:

Arrived in Zurich on Friday. On Saturday, I set out to meet Janluka at the festival area. I got there at around 14h00. First impression of the place: filthy dirty. The camping section was near the entrance, which made the place just look like a rubbish tip.

I felt so proud of London at that point. The Lovebox festival was so much more organised, much cleaner, more things to do, my kinda food, more my style.

I met Janluka at the front row at around 14h00 love2 clapping good where he had saved me a place (lovely Janluka! Very Happy) He had been there since 10am Shocked. Like in London, we saved each other's places whilst we went to get food and drink and use the toilet. The sun was hot hot hot! I even had to go and sit in the shade for a while to cool down.

Ok, so far, we had sunshine, Jamily (well, two of us at this point!), food, drink....was great. The music absolutely SUCKED! The people who organised this festival had no clue about music and the genre. There were too many different styles just pushed together which made this the worst festival ever that I have been to. I enjoyed Skye, the voice of Morcheeba, but she did not give us the energy to prepare for Jamiroquai. Then the heavens opened......and still about 2 hours to go....

Juli (a rock band popular in Germany and Austria (Sandra and some of you would know))came on stage. Crowd was full of young kids, pushing, being aggressive. If I could have, I would have kicked the cr*p out of all of them - as I was MAD MAD MAD, but at this point I was exhausted, cold and wet. One of the security guys had to break up a fight behind us. Pretty scary really when you think about it. Another Swiss German tried to push me out of the way of the front row, I told him very politely to F**K *FF and needed to call security, who broke up another near fight. Janluka got really angry - he is my hero!!!!!! - and the guy moved away. At this point, we were absolutely soaking wet. I burst into tears. I have never had such a bad experience at festivals. A mixture of sadness for the last gig, the horrible people there, the rubbish music and tiredness.

Janluka started shaking from the cold, although we were wearing raincoats, we were soaked, Janluka more than I. He was shaking and frozen, but I told him to hang in there. In the meantime, Sandra and Magda join us. Sandra is concerned at our behaviour, but nothing to do with Sandra (sorry Sandra kissing ) we were just really upset and I couldn't talk I was crying so much.

11.20 - Jamiroquai right on schedule. Enter the Dragon begins and for the first time, I feel sad and not happy. But I continue to jump to get warm and to get myself motivated.

The band come on stage....then....unusually....Jay WALKS on from stage left. I looked at Janluka and thought "oh no".....not Jay's ordinary entrance. The band looked sad, Jay looked p*ssed off, like he didn't want to be there. Am not going to write out the setlist again, but in between sending the list to Deesha, I was singing my heart out along with the Jamily. We were supporting the band to the best we could, but it didn't seem to change Jay's attitude.

Jay didn't move much on stage, one jump during SC. Same setlist. SE and CG replaced by LL and BC.

I just stared and looked at the band members during BC. No emotion. Nothing. They looked tired, sad, irritable, lost.

With one exception. The only person that kept my spirits up was Paul. I met Paul in Rotterdam with Meike, JR and Rachael, so he recognised me. I was singing the girls' parts with so much energy, and each time I looked up, he was smiling away at me. We exchanged a lot of smiles, which gave me a lot of energy. Paul was great, he deserves a lot more credit really. A wonderful and talented man.

Sola and Derrick were great - but they always are. Rob and Matt too. Matt looked a little lost on his own, as I did not notice much interaction within the band. He did smile a few times at us. However, between themselves, they looked as though they just wanted to get off stage. They really looked as individual musicians just standing on stage, they didn't seem to make much contact with each other. The girls too, although they were dancing and having fun, they looked alone.

Jay did recognise us, with Janluka's Italian flag. Janluka waved his record at Jay and Jay nodded, but his face was just with no emotion. At one point, during BCD with the "na na na....", Jay recognised me and motioned to me to wave my arms. I just sang back as I had no energy. That probably made him more p*ssed off, but at this point I didn't care. I was just fixing my attention on Paul, who was really making me feel happy with his genuine smiles.

As Sandra said, more sound problems, so Jay went offstage and at this point, I felt really very strange. When he disappeared from the stage for a while, the band looked lost. Like it was falling apart. I felt really numb, disappointed.

Usually during JQ concerts, I don't talk to anyone, but this time Janluka and I exchanged a few words.

It was the most bizarre thing ever. I am speechless really and if it wasn't for you all, the Jamily, I would not have bothered thinking about it again.

Jay said at one point something like "this is our last gig for now, as we are not going to be touring for a while, so I would like to introduce the band". He did so with no music. We cheered of course.

During DU am sure I started hallucinating LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Jay kept singing "I'm going, I'm going, I'm going, I'm going...." and these words seemed to tie in very appropriately with the grand finale! He finished the gig way too early, but they just didn't want to be there. They walked off stage clapping at us and smiling, seeming happy to be going home.

Susannah (Cosmic Girl), Magda (Cheecat/Kantooki), Sandra, Janluka and I went to get coffee and food whilst waiting to get in backstage. We did have a laugh together, got to know each other a little bit which was lovely! Thank you girls! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy love2 2grouphug Scooter came on at the time and Susannah just kept shouting at them "shut up! LOL!

We tried getting backstage, but we didn't succeed as the band had to leave, which was a shame, as I really wanted to meet Derrick and Paul again. But mostly I felt bad for the others Sad Sorry guys!!!!!!!! SadSadSad

On the way back to Zurich, Janluka, Sandra and myself laughed about the VIP tickets we bought (am actually laughing as I write). We analysed EVERY aspect about the gig until we were blue in the face. Janluka and I were really quite angry.

I got back to the hotel at 7am, had a shower, packed, had breakfast and got the hell outta there!!!!!!!!!! I just wanted to come back to Geneva.

Nice to come back to the Jamily Very Happy, but as for JQ, I am going to take a short break from listening to them, until I forget about this terrible gig.

Glad to be home now Very Happy

Heart to you all who were there with us in spirit yesterday, if it wasn't for you, I would have left during the gig and gone straight home.

Last edited by Jamiroquanna on Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:21; edited 1 time in total

mr_moon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:09    Reply with quote

Shit i really feel bad you guys Sad

You deserved better than that, especially after waiting in such crappy conditions Evil or Very Mad

It just shows the power of the Jamily huh? Even as crappy as it was you still got something good out of it Wink

I think they just need to go and re-charge their batteries (the band) and come back with some classic acid jazz for us Wink

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:29    Reply with quote

2expressionless 2guilty 2indifferent 2no 2beady 2melting

that doesn't sound good, does it? Sad
so sorry for you guys. I had the feeling that it could be a risk to go to a gig shortly after that unforgettable Lovebox festival...(nothing can beat that - it could only get worse)... but that it would be that bad.. who could imagine?

I wonder what had happend. I mean, I wasn't there and I am not really in the position to judge, but that doesn't sound as if they just had a "bad day"... Rolling Eyes

Mouse

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:59    Reply with quote

I had a feeling to sell my ticket after Lovebox, as I booked this ticket months ago, even before Lovebox. I should have gone with my gut instinct.

Confused

Cheecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 21:48    Reply with quote

Thank you Hania for your very true review.

I will also stop listening to Jamiroquai for a while I guess, I am not in the mood anymore. Usually I come home and put right a cd into the player but this time I came home quiet sad and went straight sleeping. I am still very disappointed. Not because of the show but actually because I feel betrayed because they didn't let us go backstage. And it's surely not your fault Hania, you don't have to be sorry! I just ask myself how can they let us down, when they tell you before that we should wait etc and then they say it won't happen. It would have taken a few minutes to just say hello. I really feel tricked. I mean we are the Jamily-longtime-hardcore-fans and then Jay gives backstage tickets to some girls (I am angry on him actually as well, perhaps it's jealousy I don't know) and what's with us??? I was close to tears today. Can't believe it. I never felt that bad after a Jamiroquai gig.

The nicest thing really was to meet you all. It was so special to me, you wouldn't believe. And I hope we can do that some time again. Wink

And yeah, Paul was a real sunshine!

I've seen this fight at the front row, but I didn't see that you had to cry. I feel sorry for you Anna! There are just really stupid people around sometimes. Last time when somebody pushed against me I was yelling "HEY!!" angrily and just pushed that freak with both of my hands as hard as I could away, so that everybody could see it. They just don't deserve it differently. I am not like that usualy but hey sometimes it's just enough!

It's so sad. I don't know what I should think about yesterday.

Magda

Last edited by Cheecat on Sun Aug 20, 2006 22:09; edited 2 times in total

Cheecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 22:04    Reply with quote

Jamiroquanna wrote:

During DU am sure I started hallucinating LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Jay kept singing "I'm going, I'm going, I'm going, I'm going...." and these words seemed to tie in very appropriately with the grand finale!

How true! Laughing ... tears

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 22:17    Reply with quote

Hi Magda, thanks. It was nice to meet you too Very Happy

I have a very very bad temper, so I was more scared what I would do to the person, rather than what they would do to me, which was one of the reasons I was so upset.

I was absolutely disgusted re: the people's behaviour there.

As I said to Deesh - no photos! There were big restrictions that night - which was a big shame, but nothing can compare to Lovebox, so you guys didn't really miss out on anything.

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 23:17    Reply with quote

2grouphug I'm sorry you all had such a crappy time with the weather, the rest of the crowd & the Jami performance. Maybe the boys were as unimpressed with the whole set up as you were & as we all know Jay can be a moody lil so & so who doesn't mind that others can see that even when it reflects badly on him & the band Rolling Eyes

I'm just glad you had each other. Thinking of all of you!! Comfort the Poor Boy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: