jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

TUNE STORIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

-SJ-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 09:19    Reply with quote

Hey could you guys post a site where I can get some of these songs, or PM them to me?

I'd really like to hear Canabliss, and the alternate/extended versions of some of the songs that Jamirokaki posted. Very Happy

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 13:59    Reply with quote

cosmic girl 3rd video version!
it's been long time since we all heard about a third version of the cosmic girl video, but nobody seems to seen it never.
the first version or standard version is the mostr common shot shown in tv, the j's cut got some little differences, different shots from the cars and new parts on it, but now we have the chance to see this 3rd version (thanks to abou who found it!)
it haves more shots and a little story with wallis, who in the other version of the videos only appeared in the beggining and end of the video, and we couldn't understand why he was there but not travelling in any of the cars, now you can see what happens with him

http://rapidshare.de/files/14224633/CosmicGirl3.mpg.html

enjoy!

***STONED AGAIN***

mr.az

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 00:08    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
cosmic girl 3rd video version!
it's been long time since we all heard about a third version of the cosmic girl video, but nobody seems to seen it never.
the first version or standard version is the mostr common shot shown in tv, the j's cut got some little differences, different shots from the cars and new parts on it, but now we have the chance to see this 3rd version (thanks to abou who found it!)
it haves more shots and a little story with wallis, who in the other version of the videos only appeared in the beggining and end of the video, and we couldn't understand why he was there but not travelling in any of the cars, now you can see what happens with him

http://rapidshare.de/files/14224633/CosmicGirl3.mpg.html

enjoy!

finally i have all the videos
thanks so much
i feel in the hyperspace...well, today i see alot of beautiful girls...cosmic girls Cool
AFO=AUTOMATON

mr_moon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 14:18    Reply with quote

Thanks jamirokaki Wink

I notice that the video is off E4! I watch that channel most days and have never seen that vid on there Laughing

Thanks man

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 21:29    Reply with quote

mr_moon wrote:
I notice that the video is off E4!

E4 was my post code for 41 years !!! LONDON E4 7PG !!!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/organ_donation/

jamihead

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 16:49    Reply with quote

Huge props to you Jamirokaki!
Adding one more to my collection Wink

Knjaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 19:37    Reply with quote

I have 2 things to say about some songs on TWM:

Didjeridama/Didjital Vibrations:

I did the weirdest thing with those two songs a moment ago: I mixed them together, just by snipping away the 2-second silence from the end of Didjeridama, and pasting DV directly after Didjeridama. What I got is REALLY unbelieveable to me. It seems that the two instumentals were actually meant to be one BIG instrumental. The only thing that wrong is that a split-second snippet from the absolute end of Didjeridama repeats itself at 00:00:00 of DV, but that's most probably my mistake. Shocked Shocked Also, the name of Didjeridama is misspelled (I think...) into 'Didjerama' on all back covers, both of the SE of TWM and the regular release of the album.

Alright (Album version):

Somewhere at 00:24 - 00:26 into the intro, you can hear a 'Meow'. and it's a long one. Shocked Confused Also, do you agree with me when I say that Everyday was some kind of a 'longer intro' to Alright, but was left as a song for itself? It sounds like that to me...

Travelling Without Moving:

At 2:30, the outro to the song begins, and it seems that there was a part of the song meant to stand between 2:30 and the outro, because the short-instrumental-to-1:20-long-outro moment sounds really weird, with the song slowing down in no time (Literally) - and even getting a completely different atmosphere... Shocked

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 23:30    Reply with quote

the didjerama/didjital vibrations thing....at least in my version theres no any silence gap betwenn the songs.....it is continuous, so theres no any secret there....just two songs linked in this way (maybe you have a copy of the cd?)
also i never seen anyway the word "didjeridama" and i don't think they want to name like that.....

about everyday...it may have a similar atmosphere to alright intro but i don't think it comes from a kind of extended intro....
i think was "high times" who said that everyday may be an album version to the early "who the funk do you think you are" used as outro/intro of other songs live.....

the "meow" you mention in the intro of alright....it's quite clear but it's part of the sounds you can hear earlier on the song, i don't see as an odd thing......

about the TWM......i'm pretty sure that this song should have extended versions, or different demos with new parts, as they always played live longer with more parts that the ones listened on the album, so it's prety sure that this version is an "edit"...but i really like that break....you can notice tihngs like that in other songs like when you gonna learn, too young to die or if i like it i do it......

***STONED AGAIN***

Knjaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 08:36    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
the didjerama/didjital vibrations thing....at least in my version theres no any silence gap betwenn the songs.....it is continuous, so theres no any secret there....just two songs linked in this way (maybe you have a copy of the cd?)
also i never seen anyway the word "didjeridama" and i don't think they want to name like that.....

I don't have copy of the CD. It isn't even a release. Quite the opposite in fact - it's a rough, home-brewn cut-paste-cut-paste experimental mix I made last night. And the thing about the name of the instrumental... Those are just my eyes making a fool of me. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

jamirokaki wrote:

about everyday...it may have a similar atmosphere to alright intro but i don't think it comes from a kind of extended intro....
i think was "high times" who said that everyday may be an album version to the early "who the funk do you think you are" used as outro/intro of other songs live.....

I listened to both tracks, the "Who The Funk" one being from Montreux 1995, just for comparison. There is something that makes those songs similar, but I just can't pinpoint what.

jamirokaki wrote:

the "meow" you mention in the intro of alright....it's quite clear but it's part of the sounds you can hear earlier on the song, i don't see as an odd thing......

I know it's nothing special, but I just had to say it 'cause I love cats too damn much. Laughing Embarassed

jamirokaki wrote:

about the TWM......i'm pretty sure that this song should have extended versions, or different demos with new parts, as they always played live longer with more parts that the ones listened on the album, so it's prety sure that this version is an "edit"...but i really like that break....you can notice tihngs like that in other songs like when you gonna learn, too young to die or if i like it i do it......

I agree. There certainly is an extended version of TWM, but WHY just why didn't they release it as a B-side on a single? Confused ...I actually wonder why the song never became a single, but only remained a promo. It had potential...

Also, can you tell me where those breaks in WYGL, TYTD, and IILIIDI are? 'Cause I can't seem to find 'em. Embarassed Embarassed

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06    Reply with quote

it is more noticeable if you have the extended versions of them, if not it's just the same as with TWM or any other edit.
on WYGL just before the "aaaaeeeeooo" part in the first didgeridoo break, they have mixed the two parts like in a dj session (some kind of sloping(?)one in the other), other chrous/verse changes are quite abrupt too, but as said you will notice better if you listen to the extended (jk mix, jk instrumental etc, wich also have so many cut'n'pastes....)
the tytd and if i like it i do it are even harder, listen to the extendeds and then compare the parts changes....

***STONED AGAIN***

Knjaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 16:21    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
it is more noticeable if you have the extended versions of them, if not it's just the same as with TWM or any other edit.
on WYGL just before the "aaaaeeeeooo" part in the first didgeridoo break, they have mixed the two parts like in a dj session (some kind of sloping(?)one in the other), other chrous/verse changes are quite abrupt too, but as said you will notice better if you listen to the extended (jk mix, jk instrumental etc, wich also have so many cut'n'pastes....)
the tytd and if i like it i do it are even harder, listen to the extendeds and then compare the parts changes....

Good lord - where am I gonna get all those?

Oh, talk about the stuff from EOPE, I just dowloaded a very rare(?) release. It's the White label LP single "Emergency on Planet Earth & Blow Your Mind remixes" (Funky House, 2005). In one segment of the EOPE mix, you can hear the morse code quite clearly, unlike the album version. The morse code certainly is NOT SOS (...---...), but something much more complex and longer. This is where I get off the trivia ride regarding the song.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 16:32    Reply with quote

i'm not so good in morse code but..it can't be a SOS repeated again and again?

***STONED AGAIN***

Knjaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 17:24    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
i'm not so good in morse code but..it can't be a SOS repeated again and again?

No, it is not. I know exactly how an SOS signal sounds like. Though the SOS signal does appear in the music video of EOPE, the Morse in the album version is completely different, though I can't go any further with the ears I have and say anything other than that.

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:22    Reply with quote

twm intro lamborginhi se 30
in jays own words with a funny nerdy voice:
"oh in fact, actually, he didn't go to 4th gear, actually, the did sample the change of the 3rd gear, and then did 3rd gear again, thats why it goes mmm,mmm in the end"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

***STONED AGAIN***

mr.az

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 20:12    Reply with quote

Re: twm intro lamborginhi se 30
jamirokaki wrote:
in jays own words with a funny nerdy voice:
"oh in fact, actually, he didn't go to 4th gear, actually, the did sample the change of the 3rd gear, and then did 3rd gear again, thats why it goes mmm,mmm in the end"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

that's why sounds the gears so ''stunned''
i cant find the word...but i try to say that the gears sounds like is stuck in the same place...and now i know why... Shocked
AFO=AUTOMATON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: