jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

First time you ever heard Jamiroquai? ("DETAIL")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Miss K

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 19:03    Reply with quote

The very first time
1993, summertime.

I'm working as waitress at this great beach restaurant. We are happy and listen to music everyday.

I really should never have heard TYTD that day because we would listen to CDs, not the radio. So here it is, this great voice and Stevie groove.
I get struck right away. "I love this" I said.

Sounded like Stevie but I really thought, like you Ezbe, that this was a black woman singing. Can't remember when i saw Jay for the first time, but I was hooked with just one song. I would start dancing everytime and everywhere it came on.

The rest is history: WYGL blew me away, got EOPE and I literally died when hearing BYM.

10 years with Jamiroquai, they saw me through my best and worst years, it wouldnt have the same without them

zillion thanks to the kings of groove 4lion .

Jenniroquai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 00:09    Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm a newbie..that's why I'm applying all late Smile Anywho, my first time hearing of Jamiroquai was watching the 'Viritual Insanity' video play on Pop Up Video on VH1 some years ago (I'm thinking 4 or 5.) I've been a *FaNaTiC* ever since!!

stayin' funky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 16:40    Reply with quote

alright
I remember back in 1996, I must have been 13 and seing Jamiroquai and Dianna Ross perform 'Upside Down' at the Brits. I had never heard of Jamiroquai before, but have listened to Stevie Wonder since I was born as my mum is a huge fan. I remember seeing this guy with a huge black hat and the most amazing voice and thinking 'what a voice, what a perfornance'! I bought Travelling Without Moving the next day and was hooked from then on. I then got into the earlier stuff.

SkateCowboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 20:33    Reply with quote

I remember it as it was yesterday. I saw the video for blow your mind when it started to play on mtv in 1993..

It caught my eyes since I was (and still am) skateboarding a lot. I saw this guy singing around in his adidas gazelle. So since I had the same kind of shoes (every skateboarder had those shoes back in 92-93) and skateboarding was really underground back then...

..I just wanted to know who that skaterdude was... Cool

after couple of seconds I caught on the music and found it really mellow and good. Then I thougt it was the beastie boys going nuts with some new strange direction in their style. But that guy was singing to good to be a beastie boys-member.. And ofcourse I found out that it was jamiroquai when the video ended.

When I later saw the WYGL-video, I knew that this was a record I wanted to have. Since I am into same ideas as Jamiroquai was with all the respect for mother nature.

But I got only one problem.. I couldn't find anyone who had the record (EOPE) so I could record it on a tape (By that time it wasn't that common here in sweden that you could buy tapes instead of cd's of the latest records)

..So I bought it anyway as my first cd... without having a cd-player (which I bought one year later)... Very Happy

Later on I found out that we kind of had the same backgound; skateboarders.. same musicinfluenses.. breakdance and same spiritual thoughts.. Smile

Ms.P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 22:50    Reply with quote

:)
Have i replied to this one?

"cosmic girl" i had a lover who "made" compliation taoes for me, expressing how he felt - he stuck "cosmic girl" on there for me; then bought me TWM, i did my housework to it and got hooked.

:)

missiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 22:45    Reply with quote

Hmmm...
I was getting ready for school in 2001 one morning when there was a repeat of Spolight: Jamiroquai on MuchMusic. I saw the video for Little L and I loved it. It was stuck in my head all day! I counted down the days until AFO came out and then I bought it! Very Happy
buffaloman

cheeeba lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 20:11    Reply with quote

DETAIL
i was wondering what was that little detail or whatever that made me to fall in love in jamiroquai so i remebered it was that flute part in revolution 1993,when i heard it i was hypnotized( Shocked ) and i knew that jamiroquai will always be a part of my life..
what made you to like jamiroquai so much?? Rolling Eyes

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 20:17    Reply with quote

Hehe, good topic...

Well, I fell in love with Jamiroquai the minute I saw the Supersonic video, back in 1999. When I was 11 years old, in 1998, I started to see MTV and to discover music. But the video and the song for Supersonic blew my mind. So, since then, I have been buying all I found from my favorite band.

supersonic black supersonic... supersonic supersonic black

D! (diego)

Snorry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 20:21    Reply with quote

I sow the travelling without moving video and the next day I bought the album.
So, yeah, the power of the media is very big. Thanks mtv!

mtey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 21:45    Reply with quote

travelling without moving Wink

Mine were:

Too young to die back in 1994, but I didn't like it so much because that guy said we're gonna die.

Alright video back in 1997! I've seen this video on TV and I was like Shocked . I had it on VHS and watched it many times, but then I lost it. Few years later I remembered there's some great video/song from Jamiroquai and was desperately to get/hear it. I though it was Deeper Underground (because in Alright, they go with elevator deeper undergound), but it wasn't the right one. Two years back, I rediscovered it Laughing

I newbie
you oldies

Jaminneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 06:08    Reply with quote

Im not goona lie. The first time I fell in love with Jamiroquai was the first time I had ever heard of them (pretty much the same as a majority of U.S. fans): The first time I saw the Virtual Insanity video on MTV. It kinda served a dual purpose because at the time I had a big crush on Ananda Lewis (a former MTV VJ hottie), so it served a dual role.

That video was so crazy and amazing at the same time though... that's how he caught fire in the U.S.

Adidas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:34    Reply with quote

I fell in love with Jamiroquai the first time I heard "Too young to die".
'tudutubtu dabdabdudabdadu du...' Lovely tunes!

The thing I liked very much about Jay was that he made tunes, not only with inmstruments, but also with his voices!
And as you all know, I'm a singer, and I'm interested in music for a very LONG time, so I was interested in that fact immediately.

And shortly after the release of EOPE, my heart was warmed by Jamiroquai again... They played at a demonstration, that was against the whale-killing. For free! So they were there, playing in the middle of the streets, playing the tunes we like to hear, for nothing, nope, zip, nada!
So those things made me fall in love with them, making great tunes and standing up for their rights and principals.

Put the needle on it!!

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:50    Reply with quote

I must admit that I'm a very "new" fan. Although I always liked their music when I heard it on radio or in the disco I was never a fan - I always thought "Jamiroquai is that tiny guy with the funny hats" . But then in late 2001 I saw the Little L video and it was like Shocked "ooops how does this guy looks like now??"
After that I bought one album after the other and was absolutely fascinated by their music. (I learned that it was a band!!) In 2002 I saw them live on "Rock am Ring" and then I found this forum Very Happy

Cheeba lover: the flute part in Revolution 1993 is also one of my favorite parts in a song - I can't describe this feeling that I get when I hear it 2goodvibes
4butterfly

MoonShooter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 07:52    Reply with quote

For me it was after hearing Canned Heat, that was such a kick ass song Surprised

I didn't see the video until about a year ago, so it was purely a musical thing that got me involved with the band ^_^
I put my address on the mailing list and now they send me these really cool Jamiroquai postcard everytime a new release is due.

That's my very uninterseting story.

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:35    Reply with quote

Very Happy What totally got me hooked was hearing "Cosmic Girl" playing on the stereo in my uncles car...

Ahhhhhhhh memories!! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: