jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

First time you ever heard Jamiroquai? ("DETAIL")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

manudevil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 08:26    Reply with quote

I see...like most of you my first song was Too Young To Die...it was...i don't know...and about 8 years ago....when i stopped watching Cartoon Network and change it with music channels... Laughing well i saw that video...and to be honest i was really impressed by the clothes which Jay wore and the "ambient" (birds in start, jay dancing and running, some kind of desert...) and after that i knew who Jamiroquai are...Smile Very Happy

jamilichid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 20:18    Reply with quote

manudevil wrote:
about 8 years ago....when i stopped watching Cartoon Network and change it with music channels... Laughing

This happened to me, it was hmmm... nickelodeon... MTV.... my twin still likes nickelodeon Laughing

REFRESH THIS PAGE AFTER 30 SECONDS AND SEE THIS PICTURE CHANGE!

manudevil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 20:57    Reply with quote

jamilichid wrote:
manudevil wrote:
about 8 years ago....when i stopped watching Cartoon Network and change it with music channels... Laughing

This happened to me, it was hmmm... nickelodeon... MTV.... my twin still likes nickelodeon Laughing

Well...i also still like Cartoon Network... Laughing Embarassed but i don't watch it so often...

anyway...we are bit off-topic now...and i don't want to be pain in the ass already....pssst...i'm kinda new guy here 2tapedshut Laughing

jamilichid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 20:24    Reply with quote

well i'm new to jami, a mere year under my belt, but thats also offtopic, so i'll say no more 2shhh

REFRESH THIS PAGE AFTER 30 SECONDS AND SEE THIS PICTURE CHANGE!

-SJ-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:04    Reply with quote

I first heard Jamiroquai back in '95 or '96 (can't remember exactly Razz ) when I was 9 or 10 years old. I was riding around in the car with my older brother and it was a cloudy day, and he had a cassette tape (ANCIENT!! Razz) of Jamiroquai. He popped it in, and Space Cowboy was the main song I remembered hearing.

Now as a kid, I was a bit different since I didn't really pay much attention to any music AT ALL. Took me a while to warm up to it. But after hearing this song repeatedly in my brother's car,it started to grow on me. I SOMEHOW ended up getting it off of Napster (can't even remember how I got the name of the group, since I didn't look at my brother's tape or ask him, or anything. Laughing ), and burning Space Cowboy onto a CD (but the song file was corrupted, and it would make a LOUD static noise towards the end of the song).

I LOVED Space Cowboy,and played it MANY times over and over. I was always under the impression that JK was an older black woman whenever I heard this song. Laughing

Since Space Cowboy interested me, I eventually wanted to check out more of their stuff, and I loved their other stuff as well. I was BLOWN AWAY when I found out that Jay was not an older black woman,but in fact quite the opposite (well,not completely white since he has Portugeuse in him. Razz ).

Anyway, long story short (too late Razz ), Jamiroquai is still my favorite band to this day. I have ALL songs from EVERY album, and many live bootlegs. I listen to them literally every day.

THE END! Very Happy

jameerica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 20:23    Reply with quote

steffenfunk wrote:
just interested to know where/what u were all doing when your ears first fell in luv with Jamiroquai....i remember i was on a family holiday & whilst shopping,heard 'Blow Your Mind (Wind?)' in a clothes shop...i think i remember turning round to my brother & saying in a squeaky pubescent voice,'wot's this...and have u paid for that?'....haha.... Laughing

steffenfunk wrote:
...and that was in '94 by the way....not like a few months ago....!!

first time i heard it i was in my dad's cafe,they played revolution 1993,but that's not when i started listening to jamiroquai(i liked that one song because i always loved horns hehe),i started listening to them around 1996/97,my brother had just started playing bass and he loved jamiroquai because of the basslines so i just stumbled upon a cd(or cassette lol) and i liked it!
i first thought jay was a great black woman LOL!

steffenfunk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 20:30    Reply with quote

so did i!!!i remember coming back off taht holiday thinkin,''u know wot?Im gonna look for that womans album?'...haha...how wrong we were!The first Jami song i actually had was the 'Space Cowboy' single that i bought off my brother for a pound i think...i actually preferred 'The Kids' at first...wotta band eh? Confused

jameerica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 20:45    Reply with quote

hhehehe i know i was pretty shocked when i saw cosmic girl on tv and i thought-MY GOD IS SHE PALE!!!!!AND HER BOOBS ARE SMALLER THAN MINE!!!and then i was like-wait-it's a HE.LOL

steffenfunk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 21:07    Reply with quote

haha Jame'...bet it was the weirdest man/girl/black/white confusing visual smack to the head that youv ever received...(visually of course!)....i first saw THEM,(gotta remember that!),on a programme called 'The Chart Show' with the video 2 'Stillness In Time'....thats wen things got better in my music collection..... Cool (ps cheers and sorry Mouse!)

teecheedeedee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:21    Reply with quote

Hi guys. well I believe the year was 2003 and I had had a really crap day. I came home and my dad was like "I bought two cds today. One is by Miles Davis, and the other one is, well, sort of funky." The funky cd was none other than emergency on planet earth. I became absoulutely addicted to the album and couldn't find a song I didn't like. I had gone through a phase of Lenny Kravitz (who is still the man) and was starting to think I would never find another artist that I really liked. I was in for a suprise. Though sadly the other albums never made the impression on me that EOPE did. The golden days I suppose. cheers

jameerica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 13:01    Reply with quote

steffenfunk wrote:
haha Jame'...bet it was the weirdest man/girl/black/white confusing visual smack to the head that youv ever received...(visually of course!)...

LOL i know!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

steffenfunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 15:14    Reply with quote

hahaha....now i have to be careful when hearing any Jamiroquai tune...theres always a lil voice at the back of my head saying,''thats a black woman u know!'.... Wink

jameerica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 17:08    Reply with quote

lolz!it's not the woman that's on the outside-he's a black woman on the INSIDE!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!

steffenfunk wrote:
i first saw THEM,(gotta remember that!)

i know it's THEM it's not only HIM but i really thought it wasn't a him but a HER hehe

Deja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 19:58    Reply with quote

I remember:
It was 996 and I was living in yorkshire with 6 crazy boys...every friday we udes to go clubbing in York..and after a while we found our perfect club ( I don't remember the name)...well suddently one evening ( almost morning must say) the Dj decided to let us go wild and played : TOO YOUNG TOO DIE...well since that evening it was the sign that we were allowed to jump on tables and couches! Laughing Laughing

much alcool was running around..but I never forgot that song! and an year later I found out it was : Jamiroquai!

by the way I was sure it was a black woman singing Laughing

Vere

Last edited by Deja on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:58; edited 1 time in total

steffenfunk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 20:07    Reply with quote

haha...u girls...Yeah Vere...i used to do a work placement at a hospital radio station & I always used 2 insist on signing off with a Jamiroquai tune.Now bearing in mind that this station broadcast to wards such as the 'old peoples' ward, (cant think of a proper word 4 it!),i 'boo boo'-ed big time the once & spun 'Too Young To Die'...haha....needless to say...it didn't go down too well with my bosses at the time....(and Jamee...im convinced 1 day that Jay's gonna rip off his hat 2 reveal a hairdo like Grace Jones....think about it...u never see 'em in the same room do ya?!) Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: