jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

LIVE DATES 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dani

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:27    Reply with quote

Congrats, guys!

No luck for me, so frustrating Sad

Trolll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 13:28    Reply with quote

alyd wrote:
I can cope with disappointment, but I feel this has taken a whole load of my time and I never really had a fair chance, it was all just pot luck.
Gutted to be missing them for the first time in 22 years and after so long away in circumstances like this.

I really understand and agree... the worst is that I'm pretty sure a fair part of these tickets "real" fans didn't manage to get will be resold 2x or 3x face value on viagogo & other "scam" websites... and this really needs to stop, cause all slightly important concerts are all "highjacked" like this nowadays. I already see tickets for Paris being sold for 230 euros.

I really hope there will indeed be ID checks at the venues (London & Paris), that's the best way to try and fight against this...

Dz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 14:19    Reply with quote

Does anybody have an extra ticket for sale? I'm flying from USA for the London show, but I didn't manage to get a ticket. I really want to go. Please help!

alyd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 14:56    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
alyd wrote:
I can cope with disappointment, but I feel this has taken a whole load of my time and I never really had a fair chance, it was all just pot luck.
Gutted to be missing them for the first time in 22 years and after so long away in circumstances like this.

I really understand and agree... the worst is that I'm pretty sure a fair part of these tickets "real" fans didn't manage to get will be resold 2x or 3x face value on viagogo & other "scam" websites... and this really needs to stop, cause all slightly important concerts are all "highjacked" like this nowadays. I already see tickets for Paris being sold for 230 euros.

I really hope there will indeed be ID checks at the venues (London & Paris), that's the best way to try and fight against this...

Thanks, and yeah I did wonder how much of the venue was already allocated for industry/guests. It just felt so extreme how unlikely this was. Also see my reply below about resale;

Dz wrote:
Does anybody have an extra ticket for sale? I'm flying from USA for the London show, but I didn't manage to get a ticket. I really want to go. Please help!

Both you guys should be aware that there is no resale on Roundhouse tickets. They are named and you need photo ID of that name for entry. So there is zero aftermarket on these, that's why the pressure has been so high. If you do not have a ticket today, you are not going. Hence why so many people are feeling blue about it.

Trolll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 15:37    Reply with quote

alyd wrote:
Both you guys should be aware that there is no resale on Roundhouse tickets. They are named and you need photo ID of that name for entry.

Good then! They said the same about Paris, but I'm really not sure they'll actually do it. Anyway, I'd rather miss a gig than pay twice the (already high) face value... I'm happy I got lucky enough to buy mine on Wednesday...

alyd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 15:40    Reply with quote

They did it for Prince. It's to prevent all the people in the position many are in now looking to the secondary market for solutions, which the show will not profit from but resellers will. They want all the takings to be for the show, so only the original sale gets you in, resell and the ticket is worth zero. It's all there in the emails from the band, even if you are coming with a friend, if they do not enter with you, they don't get in.

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 16:04    Reply with quote

will they permit cellphones? I'm really looking for some videos of this show, or at least some audio recordings.

I guess they will play something new on the Paris gig.

Bozz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 21:31    Reply with quote

It seemed impossible indeed. I tried several times from the beginning the way I said earlier and was lucky. Trying to purchase 1 ticket only worked better.

I have actually managed to get a second ticket 20 minutes after the first one, but wasn't able to do it a third time (that one was trying for you guys!), it was all gone. Got the 1st ticket at 10:55 and the second at 11:15, when it was saying already sold out on their site. After that couldn't manage again.

The thing is that once you were inside their system you could go back on the browser, click again on "best available" and if no tickets would appear, go back and repeat (without waiting on queue). I did it over and over (don't know how many times) until something would show up and if you were lucky go to the payment stage, but sometimes even after getting there you needed to go back and start again as tickets would be gone. In any case, not the best system ever.

As someone mentioned before, I'm positive they will add dates for the summer. After all is also a business for many, and for sure they will have plenty of people willing to attend.

alyd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 09:52    Reply with quote

You did well as the impression was certainly given that you could not make multiple purchases, but really my whole point with the RDLS prices was that I was sad I could not take my friends, when before they had come.

And with this, it was just limited to 2, but I was not looking for less than 2, even though I know I stood way more chance. It's something I want to do with my partner at least. Going out to it that night on my own would feel all kinds of selfish, but that's just my life, doesn't apply to everyone Smile

SkillipEvolver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 13:40    Reply with quote

I've read all the details here and I'm not gonna offer anything about those, but quite frankly, I'm kinda pissed off that they've sold out so quick.

Whoever organised this tour should have absolutely picked a bigger venue for the band, no excuse.

Ok maybe they were treading lightly being the very first gig in a while for th but the UK is birthplace of this band. And ok maybe not O2 arena as that's huuuumungous. But this Roundhouse has only 2000 capacity.

It was a BAD choice. Evil or Very Mad

www.youtube.com/SkillipEvolver
Www.soundcloud.com/SkillipEvolver

alyd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 14:51    Reply with quote

Thing is, I've seen Jamiroquai in smaller in recent years. I don't think the venue is at fault here. And that's the killer, this gig will be amazing. I think the issue was that people could not get tickets at the first second of presale or the first second of general sale. That's like nothing else I've ever known, and I've got into some tough things. Something was amiss with availability for this. Hence so many people losing out.

SkillipEvolver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 20:35    Reply with quote

Fair play. But it still only holds 2000...

www.youtube.com/SkillipEvolver
Www.soundcloud.com/SkillipEvolver

JamiroquainPt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 21:54    Reply with quote

Trolll wrote:
alyd wrote:

And you all think, that 230€ is much. Sorry but I've got to laugh.
Braquet Cyril, you all know, paid 736€ for a ticket, for the Roundhouse gig... apart from going (as he told be booked) to all concerts in the European tour (luckly he forgot Portugal) Very Happy

So 736€ is a reasonable price for a ticket.

How would you die for this ticket? Wink

Curry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 00:52    Reply with quote

JamiroquainPt wrote:
And you all think, that 230€ is much. Sorry but I've got to laugh.
Braquet Cyril, you all know, paid 736€ for a ticket, for the Roundhouse gig... apart from going (as he told be booked) to all concerts in the European tour (luckly he forgot Portugal) Very Happy

So 736€ is a reasonable price for a ticket.

How would you die for this ticket? Wink

In US, that's around $800. He must have gotten that from Viagogo or a site like it.

Too bad he won't be able to get in...

alyd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:36    Reply with quote

Paul Turner has posted on Facebook;

Quote:
Yowza.
Firstly, thank you so much for all the support for Automaton and upcoming Jamiroquai gigs, I really appreciate it.
I'm really sorry to hear of the disappointment and frustrations many have had when trying to get tickets. Such is the nature and size of the shows, I'm going to have to disappoint family and personal friends too. I sincerely can't offer any help and I've been trying to personally answer the messages about tickets, but I'm going to have to offer apologies through this post and request no more messages about buying tickets, guest lists, meet & greets or unannounced information.
Once again, thanks for your support and stay tuned to the official sites.

Of course that's nice of him, but he's missing the point that tickets were simply not there from the first second of presale or general sale. But it's not his responsibility, he's a musician, not an event organiser.

I do hope that someone in the management does have a look at what went down with this though, but if they were not actively trying to get tickets at the stroke of 10am on the day, I doubt they'll ever understand what the issue was - there was no queue, it was just gone, no fairness to it at all. And presale made no difference.

But the management and ticketmaster will likely just look at the fact tickets sold and think 'job done'. When that's not the point, it's got to be a system, not a random grab with people having no idea where they are with it - we love to queue in the UK and unfairness with that is hard to accept. And you'd also hope ticketmaster would learn people need to see the words 'sold out' be put up, not kept in vain hope for hours.

New system needed next time, or they are going to lose people, I fear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai Live 2017 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: