jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai is "electronic now! the funk is gone!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vincenzo89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 23:05    Reply with quote

def.con.1 wrote:
Elvishmaid wrote:
Seriously - I don't know what's the matter with people these days. One track of the new album that doesn't meet expectations and it's the end of the world?

I don't remember people acting like little children who didn't get their favourite sweets when Synchronzid came out.

Of course the track got funk. And I like it very much - I'm into electronic music.
And who says that the rest of the album sound exactly like Automaton? Rolling Eyes

I remember plenty of people freaking out, upset about Stuart Zender leaving the band at that time. People still moan about that to this day.

Stuart Zender is not the problem , Synkronized have tracks that i love in the minimum details , i don't care about the genre , the SOUL of butterfly or Falling it's not Funk but they are FUCKING amazing! who cares if is latin soul or jazz ?
I can't say Automaton is finest music that everyone can appreciate, Cloud 9 sound catchy but not unique don't have the complexity to fall in love totally and I'm sure a lot of you know of what Details i'm talking about because it's not easy to say with words , is something you can only FEEL .

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 23:27    Reply with quote

I think defining or putting music into strictly one genre is simplifying it.
And Jamiroquai's music is far from simple.
That's why I can't wrap my head around "this is funk" or "this isn't funk".
Who the hell knows? Just try to enjoy the music without labeling it.
JMQ's music is a perfect mixture of funk, soul, disco and acid jazz. Let's just put it like that.

mr.az

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 01:25    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
HoneyBee wrote:
which song of Jamiroquai's past is the Funkiest? Smile

Don't know which one, but I'm pretty sure it's on the first album

I think many believe canned heat is one of them Cool
AFO=AUTOMATON

iranterres

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 14:28    Reply with quote

mr.az wrote:
Javis wrote:
HoneyBee wrote:
which song of Jamiroquai's past is the Funkiest? Smile

Don't know which one, but I'm pretty sure it's on the first album

I think many believe canned heat is one of them Cool

Whatever It Is, I Just Can't Stop

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 16:17    Reply with quote

Dye wrote:
I think defining or putting music into strictly one genre is simplifying it.
And Jamiroquai's music is far from simple.
That's why I can't wrap my head around "this is funk" or "this isn't funk".
Who the hell knows? Just try to enjoy the music without labeling it.
JMQ's music is a perfect mixture of funk, soul, disco and acid jazz. Let's just put it like that.

Exactly! Jamiroquai are complex and unique, and that's what makes them so great. I think this is gonna be a great album with lots of genres & labels.

vincenzo wrote:
I'm sure a lot of you know of what Details i'm talking about because it's not easy to say with words , is something you can only FEEL .

Music is something we feel and understand on our own
and sometimes how others sees it has impact too.

So, Someone I know saw this: Rolling Stone (yay promotion team) has written Cloud 9 is an "irrepressible groove of vintage disco".
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-jamiroquais-vibrant-new-disco-song-cloud-9-w466196 So Disco's back!

iranterres -yes Whatever It Is, I Just Can't Stop may be one of their best!

autobahn78

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15    Reply with quote

I really don't think anyone calling this "too electronic" is fully understanding Automaton. The music itself is a comment on the direction music has been heading since the band went away, too electronic.. "soulless" and so on.

It all plays into the theme of the lyrics, how people aren't connecting to each other anymore. They're losing themselves in overthought, digital worlds and technology.

I think it's a great song and I love how they've sort of combined the vibe of the Deeper Underground instrumental with the lyrics of Virtual Insanity. This is a track made 100% for the fans of those songs I think, and Cloud 9 is a tribute to the band's poppier stuff which got into the charts around 2000.

It shows to me that Jay Kay and the band are very self aware of their career, i'm really excited for the album.. expecting this to be one of their best.

My one criticism though.. is it would be nice to hear more live drums and guitar on these songs. They work perfectly fine without them.. but it would be cool to hear more of the band jamming on the rest of the album.

mr.az

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 20:19    Reply with quote

Yes, all is on the lyrics, so i hope all start to find the meaning of both singles
AFO=AUTOMATON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: