jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Band members - what do you like about them?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

JanetJones0616

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:25    Reply with quote

Band members - what do you like about them?
I've always read so much about Jay Kay, and how a lot of people think of him as Jamiroquai, and forget about the other band member.

So I was wondering what your thoughts on the other members are - who do you like best, what do you like about them? What do they bring to Jamiroquai to make it so awesome? x

Javis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 13:17    Reply with quote

Prepare for the comments about how Stu and Toby made the band great and now it sucks after they leave XD

iranterres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 14:25    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:
Prepare for the comments about how Stu and Toby made the band great and now it sucks after they leave XD

I just care about Toby anyway...

Curry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 14:55    Reply with quote

Javis wrote:

*lines up the drinks*

Ok. I'm ready.

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 16:20    Reply with quote

My personal experiences with the bandmembers are 100% positive! I got in touch with them long ago, when I was interviewing them for jamirotalk.net. Since then we have been in more or less steady contact through email in all those years and have been met several times at aftershow parties. They are absolutely down to earth, funny and very appreciative. Meeting them (Derrick, Rob and Paul) feels like speaking to old friends.

I have had nice chats with Matt and Malcom as well. Besides Nick Fyffe I have never met Stu, Toby or other older bandmembers, therefore I don't really have a personal connection to them, but appreciate their influence and their musicial works, of course.

Because of my personal experience with some current bandmembers, I absolultey support and appreciate their involvement and am always happy to see them playing live on stage and observe their virtuosity on their intruments as much as I am following Jay's dancemoves. Without the bandmembers Jamiroquai wouldn't be complete for me. It's the whole package that does it for me.

Cosmic_Tanja

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 09:43    Reply with quote

Besides their contribution to the music?
I like Derrick for being nervous in interviews (you know what I mean you know, you know, you know Very Happy)
and Rob for being so super down to earth, Sola for being an artist that seems to be from another world and Matt for sharing more insides to the music when he can.

ophone

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 20:00    Reply with quote

When I remember right I met Derrick, Rob and Paul so far.
All nice guys, although Derrick was the nicest, he offered me a beer after the concert here in Luxembourg. Wink

deerosa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 16:55    Reply with quote

Met them all except Stu. :(
Really interesting but I have spent time with Derrick and sola the most. I also got to speak to Nick before his performances at L.A. and San Diego, he was a shy dude and really figuring things out. Speaking of the Fyffer I chatted with him this past april in Nashville for his current band, he seems really happy and a full part of that band as well, a good guy. They are aware of the support the fan base has for them and have always been nice to chat with us. I got to meet Paul after their last gig is Los Angeles, it was really hard to get to that after party as you can imagine.

Jay has always been cool, he always had security around him but always made time from what I could see for the fans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: