jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Symphonized? Will it ever be released?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 08:27    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

Yeah but if you look at the set list for that, "Shoot The Moon" is the only song without a studio version.

Its' not a cover or a tribute or anything. It's an original song.

So why would they tease us with it, and not release it?

That means somebody else owns the song, and it was a Symphonized song.

You could say the same about Cannabliss or Funk Odyssey, but I'm pretty sure Funk Odyssey at least was written during the AFO tour (..?)

Javis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:41    Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
smellbob wrote:

Yeah but if you look at the set list for that, "Shoot The Moon" is the only song without a studio version.

You could say the same about Cannabliss or Funk Odyssey, but I'm pretty sure Funk Odyssey at least was written during the AFO tour (..?)

Exactly. Bands always have more songs than the ones that were included in the albums, if they weren't properly recorded that doesn't (always) mean someone else have the rights.

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 18:10    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

No, it simply means they were probably working on some songs for the next album and they just decided to not include it.
Lucky for us, that was one of the few times where they let us hear a work-in-progress song.

deerosa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 18:23    Reply with quote

Adidas2076 wrote:
Smellbob mate, the only hole I have for your theory is stuff they did around the same time (2003) at Stork live.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1wxnes-4dw
Listen to these songs and see if they 'mite sound familiar.

Before Time won't Wait Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujgBqdHzUw

Definitely evolved in my opinion.....

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 21:35    Reply with quote

At least from what i know by reading this forum, i think it was Rob that said they lost the lyrics for Shoot The Moon, so that's why it was never released.

Maybe some older user could give some more info on that.

Zsoma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 08:41    Reply with quote

Jam Vibe wrote:
At least from what i know by reading this forum, i think it was Rob that said they lost the lyrics for Shoot The Moon, so that's why it was never released.

Which sounds like a frickin' bad excuse having the song recorded on Montreux 2003 DVD, I'm sure Jay could decode his own words

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 20:55    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Jam Vibe wrote:

Which sounds like a frickin' bad excuse having the song recorded on Montreux 2003 DVD, I'm sure Jay could decode his own words
Laughing Laughing Laughing

***STONED AGAIN***

Jam Vibe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 22:10    Reply with quote

Zsoma wrote:
Jam Vibe wrote:

I always thought the same, but from what i read, it seems that no one said this to any of the bandmenbers by the time.

By the way, here is one topic that discuss the lost lyrics case: http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4279

smellbob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07    Reply with quote

I don't care what you guys say, "Shoot The Moon" is a Symphonized track or in the least a rejected Synkronized/A Funk Odyssey track.

I'm leaning more towards Symphonized/Synkorized lost track by the way it sounds more R&B and more jazzy.

It's very R&B and soulish and Jazzy which would make sense in that it's a rejected track from that time.

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:32    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:

It's very R&B and soulish and Jazzy which would make sense in that it's a rejected track from that time.

Tullalah and Smile are soulish and jazzy as well, and they are later songs

smellbob wrote:
I don't care what you guys say.

Ok so you come to a fan forum with a pretty stupid theory, we all expose all the reasons why your reasoning is wrong, and then you reply literally "I don't care what you guys say"?

If you are not willing to discuss the possibility that you are wrong then I don't get why you bother in sharing your idea in the first place

Greg House

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 16:17    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:
I don't care what you guys say, "Shoot The Moon" is a Symphonized track or in the least a rejected Synkronized/A Funk Odyssey track.

I'm leaning more towards Symphonized/Synkorized lost track by the way it sounds more R&B and more jazzy.

Before they performed Shoot The Moon in Montreux, Jay asked the audience:

"You wanna hear something we've been working on like really...I mean if I say really-really recently, I do mean really-really-really recently?"

Last edited by Greg House on Mon Aug 21, 2017 18:18; edited 2 times in total

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 16:41    Reply with quote

Greg House wrote:

"You wanna hear something we've been working on like really...I mean if say really-really recently I do mean really-really-really recently?"

2scratchchin good

Javis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 17:18    Reply with quote

Greg House wrote:

"You wanna hear something we've been working on like really...I mean if say really-really recently I do mean really-really-really recently?"

smellbob doesn't care what Jay says, he is sure Jay worked on that song during the Symphonized sessions and then forgot about that.

smellbob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 08:36    Reply with quote

You do not have to bully me. If you disagree, simply do that. Thank you.

I'm allowed to have my opinion. Nobody knows the correct answer so let's just drop out. This is why I hate fanbases sometimes because people get all upset all the time for just basing their opinion.

When it's a fucking unreleased track that should have been released in the first damn place. I'm allowed to have my opinion, and I just know it's a rejected track along the Symphonized/Synkronized, merging into the AFO times.

Javis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:55    Reply with quote

smellbob wrote:
You do not have to bully me. If you disagree, simply do that. Thank you.

I'm allowed to have my opinion. Nobody knows the correct answer so let's just drop out. This is why I hate fanbases sometimes because people get all upset all the time for just basing their opinion.

When it's a fucking unreleased track that should have been released in the first damn place. I'm allowed to have my opinion, and I just know it's a rejected track along the Symphonized/Synkronized, merging into the AFO times.

You have the right to think whatever you want, but when you are discussing with other people telling you lot of reasons why you might be wrong, you have to accept the possibility that you are wrong instead of saying "I don't care what you guys say", that makes you look like an asshole
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: