jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

I know this is a Long Shot...But...US tour???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should US Radio (ie Clear Channel Com and Infinity Broadcasting) play more Jamiroquai
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 17 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Don't care either way
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

KMackdaddy1972

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 18:57    Reply with quote

I'm keeping the faith....(Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston...please come to Boston) 5crossfingers

Peace,

KMack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

funkdubious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 23:30    Reply with quote

I agree w/ freddie
I think it's possible they may tour here but limited to major cities. I could see maybe a 10 date tour in the U.S. (Hopefully for my cause in San Fran). Quite a number of years ago they did a free show where I lived and it was supposedly packed. And I remember on their last album they did a show in NY for sure. So I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few dates. For radio is concerned, it's low chances they will be played on the radio in high rotation if that, you'll be lucky to see them maybe pop up on a few video shows. If you want to hear them on the radio,you might want to call your local DJ's and ask them about playing Jamiroquai when the album comes out...you never know. 7headphones

KMackdaddy1972

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:34    Reply with quote

Again I will say....

Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston....etc!

LOL

Peace,

KMack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jaminneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 09:34    Reply with quote

Im in Minneapolis, but Im already planning the commute to Chicago lol.

KMackdaddy1972

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 21:23    Reply with quote

I agree is will be worth the trip so I may have to go to New York City if Boston isn't in the plans

Peace,

KMack

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 21:45    Reply with quote

I sincerely hope that Jamiroquai make it to the States for the 2005 tour.

What a wonderful opportunity to meet all you wonderful people and particularly my new dear friends across the pond.

For the record, and an official request I would like to suggest Red Rocks Colorado as a venue. They have a spectacular amphitheatre there which would be a wonderful setting for a concert (like Verona).

Wishing everyone who celebrates Christmas a wonderful time, and the funkiest viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibes are sent to all of you.

Little hAYTCh Smile))))

Jaminneapolis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 23:07    Reply with quote

Hell yeah man! I've been to Red Rocks too nd that place would be an awesome place for about 5,000 hardcore Jamiroqaui fans to see a show. So scenic and such a good venue.

I think if Jamiroquai does a small U.S. tour that Denver (where Red Rocks is located), won't be a tour stop unfortunately.

An interesting story about Red Rocks and Denver. I went to Denver with a couple of college friends from North Dakota. We made it a really fun road trip,m and a really long one for me. If you look at a map of the United States, I drove from Minneapolis, Minnesota all the way to western North Dakota (about 30 miles east of the Montana border). The next day Me and my friends drove from North Dakota to Denver Colorado.

We went because we had tickets to see Dave Matthews Band in concert at Mile High Stadium in Denver on July 25, 2000. We got there a couple of days before, and toured the twon. The day of the concert, we Toured Red Rocks. The night before, Britney Spears was supposed to play a show there, but her stage set up was too big for the samller Ampitheatre stage provided, so she cancelled the show haha.

The same night we were seein DMB at Mile High, Sting was playing at Red Rocks. We asked a roadie who was setting up the stage for sting who was playing tonight (but there was no signage that said "Sting" was playing), and the roadie was seriously offended that we didn't know that "STING!" was playing. We had the Audacity not to know that "King Sting" wasn't playing, but oh well hehe.

That night we went and saw Dave Matthews Band, who outnumbered Sting in attendance by about 5 times the people (50,000 to 10,000), and had a great time. Went home the next day, and it was a fun road trip. Just thought I'd share. Thx

KMackdaddy1972

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 14:01    Reply with quote

Little H - KSA wrote:

For the record, and an official request I would like to suggest Red Rocks Colorado as a venue. They have a spectacular amphitheatre there which would be a wonderful setting for a concert (like Verona).

Yes Definitely! Last time I was there was to see U2 during their Under a Blood Red Sky tour. I was there in the 4th row on June 5th 1983. It was only my second concert ever (Kiss-Alive in 1978 was the first)

The Acoustics @ the Red Rock Amp is incredible!!!

Peace,

KMack

Jaminneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 07:13    Reply with quote

I think that U2 show that you speak of kind of revolutionized the "concert video or dvd". What I mean is, it was one of the first "Live in Verona"s of it's time. I saw a little article on itin Rolling Stone magazine I think. They used like all the money they had at the time to produce a concert at Red Rocks, so they could sell the performance on video. It did very well, and that's why so many live performances are made for sale today (like live in Verona). I know the u2 special was filmed at Red Rocks, but Im not sure if 1983 was the right year, or if it was before '83. You might have been a small part of history KMack lol

KMackdaddy1972

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 20:43    Reply with quote

Yes I was there they did some of the filming...my older brother help hold the surrender flag when Bono handed it to the crowd. Yeah it was an incredible moment and probably one of the reasons why I'm such a huge U2 fan

Peace,

KMack

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 23:53    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Very Happy I agree all this "US Jam Tour 2005" brainstorming is all well and good, but let's be honest, Clear Channel won't push Jamiroquai on their infinite radio station network Sad. Unless Sony is willing to put up ALOT...and when I mean ALOT of money, I'm talking about tens of millions of dollars of promotional dollars, then you won't hear a peep about Jamiroquai on American Radio. I mean, that's how muddled American Radio has become, the record industry puts all their promotional dollars into expendable, crappy and non-progressive new music artists and established ones who just kick the dirt into their graves with each passing resurrection of their sound. Mind you, there is great music out there, but as usual, they fall on the wayside and don't get the attention they deserve, and given how cynical and uncaring most of the American Music Magazine journalists have become, they won't support Jamiroquai either. As the saying goes, "Money is the root of all evil"..and in this case, if the fringe isn't done before the latter, then American Jamiroquai Fans are in deep doo-doo. Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: