jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

daft punk's new LP leaked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mörö

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 21:52    Reply with quote

daft punk's new LP leaked!
this is really fucked up imho. almost 2 MONTHS before the actual release. i can't be more pissed off i think.
saw the morning glory
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Supersonic1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 22:02    Reply with quote

I know about the first single getting released this past week in France, but I was surprised when I read that some people got their hands on the whole damn thing. I have the first single, but nothing else-and nothing else will be had by me until the album drops. I wonder who leaked it.
"...I feel that Jamiroquai needs to be taken to another stage now. It really does. Otherwise, I have to be honest, I can see a situation where...there is a possibility that you become lost in the annals of acid jazz history." -- Jason Kay

FuSE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 17:08    Reply with quote

I didn't know they were working on anything. Any idea what the new album is going to be like? Are they sticking to the Discovery style and sound, going back to Homework or something different?

Iron-G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 17:17    Reply with quote

nah, it's electro-rock with some minimalist stuff, really not worth the other albums but not bad... not sure if the album leaked on the internet is the definitive one tho, wait and see...

mörö

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 18:09    Reply with quote

it is man.

'human after all' LP

* ‘Human After All’
* ‘The Prime Time Of Your Life’
* ‘Robot Rock’
* ‘Steam Machine’
* ‘Make Love’
* ‘The Brainwasher’
* ‘On / Off’
* ‘Television Rules The Nation’
* ‘Technologic’
* ‘Emotion’

the only reasonable thing for virgin to do, is that they move the release date from 21th of march a month earlier or sth. would be proper.
saw the morning glory
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 17:17    Reply with quote

Impressions of New Daft Punk!

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Smile Many die-hard fans of music are having a field day with all these new 2005 albums being leaked online (On purpose in my view) Smile. The new Daft Punk album "Human After All" isn't a perfect album, techno tech wise, it is a continuation of their trademark innovation of using vocalizer to creat songs. Another lag about is that "Human After All" is more repetition than the long sprawling and creative songs of their last 2 albums. "Homework" was the blueprint of Daft Punk techno learning curve, "Discovery" was a moment of utter brilliance by the Parisian duo, and I consider "Human After All" as a minor creative hiccup, all great artists have their hiccups sometimes, but there are some damn great tracks on it. The hightlights of "Human After All" are: Prime Of Your Life: They take their vocalizer effects and push them to new heights! Robot Rock: So it's the most redundant DP 1st single in robot history, I like the guitars on it! Technologic: Count this as the "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" of the new album, the most well constructed vocal driven track! There you go, hope you liked my review, take care and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

Iron-G

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 19:42    Reply with quote

mörö wrote:
the only reasonable thing for virgin to do, is that they move the release date from 21th of march a month earlier or sth. would be proper.

I heard that's just what they are negociating

FuSE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 20:04    Reply with quote

Are any of the tracks like Aerodynamic, Nightvisions or Something About Us? Those 3 are my most favorite from the Discovery CD. Especially Nightvision. Very ambient synth which is my polar opposite of musical interests from my Jamiroquai/Acid Jazz/Jazz/Funk interests.

Catman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 06:19    Reply with quote

i just finishd downloadign there new album! am listening to it now! i like it... nothing like sum funky tuff disco! Very Happy pretty good i guess! *thumbs up*hey

Supersonic1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 19:12    Reply with quote

I only have the first single, but many are saying that this album is more in the "Homework" vein than "Discovery." I'm inclined to agree with them....
"...I feel that Jamiroquai needs to be taken to another stage now. It really does. Otherwise, I have to be honest, I can see a situation where...there is a possibility that you become lost in the annals of acid jazz history." -- Jason Kay

FuSE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 19:25    Reply with quote

That's kinda disappointing because for me I completely got hooked on the Discovery style. I was hopping Daft Punk would have evolved into a house/funk more leaning on the funk style even if it is DJ. Like I said before...they are good at their art.

miss sparkles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 05:52    Reply with quote

i like "homework" best, Discovery didn't really do it for me. there were a few good songs, but ehh it was ok.

I < 3 DOCTOR WHO

kieran_87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 09:23    Reply with quote

I've been listening to some of the tracks from the new album, at first I was dissapointed with it, track#2 "Prime Time Of Your Life" is a complete mess Confused Saying that, first single "Robot Rock" is, for me, one of the strongest singles yet from Daft Punk. The song seems to be getting a mixed reception though Confused Title track "Human After All" is another grower, it's not up to the brilliance of "One More Time, "Digital Love", etc. but it's not far off Laughing The slower song, "Make Love" isn't good, the vocals moan, and the song isn't catchy Confused There's still 3/4 songs I haven't heard, but overall it sounds a good album, if not a great one Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: