jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Bootleg question?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ezzi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 15:58    Reply with quote

Bootleg question?
I see with Jamiroquai there is quite a large amount of live bootleg cds.

I am a new fan and have never seen a live show, so i would like to get a live cd to hear what they do.

Tomorrow i will visit a record fair and maybe some of you can tell me what bootlegs i can look for that have the best sound quality or the best show.

How do fans feel about buying bootlegs? Is this very normal to buy original bootlegs or do you copy from eachother?

Please tell me how this works with among Jami fans! Thanks!

ezzi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 16:11    Reply with quote

Oops, i'm sorry! I see there is a seperate forum for this! ENTSCHULDIGUNG!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 16:18    Reply with quote

No problem ezzi, it fits here as well Wink

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 16:36    Reply with quote

Recommendations for Jam bootlegs...
alright Hello, alright
Oh boy, a new fan looking for some great Jamiroquai bootlegs, by the way, welcome to JamiroTalk.net ezzi, I'm JamiroFan2000, a 9 year long American Fan, I also throughly collect Jamiroquai bootlegs. I have a few ideas for bootlegs you should check out, I own most of them and they are great soundboard recordings:

*JAMIROQUAI BOOTLEGS WORTH CHECKING OUT*

1. Songs from Manitu: Great showcase of the early Jamiroquai
2. If I Like It, I'll Do It: Great Live N' Young Jamiroquai
3. The Cosmic Ride, Finsley Park 97': The most perfect flawless Jamiroquai show from 97', PLUS a fun live cover of "Hollywood Swinging"!
4. Funky Paradise: A beautiful two disk show from the Paradiso in Amsterdam.

Hope these selections help you more fully grasp the full impact of the amazing music of Jamiroquai! And once your hooked on the bootlegs, take a little stroll down memory lane and check out their five albums: Emergency On Planet Earth, Return Of the Space Cowboy, Travelling Without Moving, Synkronized, and A Funk Odyssey. Thanks for listening and keep up the usual great work CosmicBear & Mouse! Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
--------------------------------------------
JAMIROFAN'S THOUGHT OF THE POST
I always wonder if Jay Kay had a tick
problem with the early fake animal fur
mushroom shaped hats, always noticed he
scratched his hat after every song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DIDGIN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:02    Reply with quote

I can recommend three good bootleg I have:

Jazziroquai: a double disc performence from the montruex jazz festival 95'
for those of you who like the old sound

touring without moving: live in the royal albert hall in the travelling without moving tour on 97'

tokyo dome: live in front of 45,000 ppl on 14.10.99 I think

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:28    Reply with quote

okay, i might be a little late (you're going to the fair today, right?) but you might wanna check these out as well:

The Cosmic Ride - Finsbury Park, London, UK, 8. June 1997

Deeper Discography - The 12' Versions (not a live-bootleg)

Hamburg Funksters - Hamburg, Germany, 10. October 2001

A Live Odyssee - Hamburg, Germany, 10. October 2001

ezzi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 14:21    Reply with quote

Ok, so i missed all these replies because i forgot to look here before i went to the fair. Anyway, it didn't matter because they didn't have the ones you all listed. I did get a cd called titanium, also a Hamburg 2001 recording, is it the same you mean, Bear?
I could only find two live cd's, the other was 'Essential Live' with parts of several shows on it.
I'm listening to them now and they are really good! I hope i can find more when i got to the international recordfair in Utrecht this november but i think most bootlegs will be very hard to get, but i'm gonna keep all these suggestions in mind.

I also found 3 tourbooks today which are really nice..two are Japanese and one from a european tour.

Quote:
And once your hooked on the bootlegs, take a little stroll down memory lane and check out their five albums: Emergency On Planet Earth, Return Of the Space Cowboy, Travelling Without Moving, Synkronized, and A Funk Odyssey.

Jamirofan, please don't think i haven't got these! Or are you saying i should go back to these albums every once and a while instead of sticking to live recordings only?

Thanks everybody for the replies! I'm very jealous of all these collections and of you guys being fans for so long already. I wish i had 'seen the light' a couple of years sooner.

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 14:47    Reply with quote

AAAAAHHHHHHH you got the TITANTIUM-recording????? yes, it is the same concert, but the titantium-bootleg is supposed to have a much better soundquality then the hamburg funksters or the live odyssee.. that's the one bootleg i am looking for for month now...

congrats, ezzi, you made a good catch! Wink

ezzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 17:02    Reply with quote

Would you like to have a copy so you can see whether it is really better than the ones you have?

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 17:40    Reply with quote

thank you, ezzi. that's very kind of you to offer. but i want the original cd. it's the hunting, i am after, not the having Wink

ezzi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 18:10    Reply with quote

ehhh...may i ask where you hunt? I wanna catch something too! Very Happy

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 19:59    Reply with quote

hmmmmmm... should i give away my hunting-grounds? what are you willing to pay? how about that titanium-bootleg you got? Wink

just kidding! a good source is definitly ebay. all of them. ebay.com, ebay.de and if you are willing to pay really good money you can go to ebay.co.jp (japanese ebay)

i have also some other links, where you can order stuff (not only bootlegs, but also hard-to-find maxi-cds and rare stuff). i will have to look for them again as i don't have them on my computer right now.

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:25    Reply with quote

The best about bootlegs...
Very Happy Hi Ezzi, I am glad you have discovered the wonderful world of Jami bootlegs.

I use your thread for a little personal remark Wink about bootlegs:

What I love about the bootlegs I have is that they are no silver Shocked . (I can hear shocked gasps Neutral from hard core fans here).
Indeed, my bootlegs are all copies made from different Jami fans. supersonic white rasta hat AFO hat
When I listen to a bootleg, I tell myself: "Ah, nice, this is the boot that Jamifan X recorded for me". sunny

CosmicBear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:03    Reply with quote

well, as far as copied bootlegs are concernt, you won't hear a gasp from me. but if you would tell us, that you have copies of the original albums you would hear more than a gasp from me. you would hear a growl! burn

ezzi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 14:49    Reply with quote

CosmicBear wrote:
well, as far as copied bootlegs are concernt, you won't hear a gasp from me. but if you would tell us, that you have copies of the original albums you would hear more than a gasp from me. you would hear a growl! burn

Good to see how you and Sunrayvibe think about this. I kinda had mixed feelings when i bought them but i wanted to hear them so badly. But if i could get copies from other fans i would be just as happy. When it comes to albums i only buy originals. People laugh at me for doing that, but the next question is if they can copy it.....hell no! Buy your own copy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: