jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Your first jami lp
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your first Jamiroquai album?
EOPE
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
ROTSC
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
TWM
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
S
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
AFO
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

SSP97

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 14:38    Reply with quote

Your first jami lp
I knew Jami since Too Young To Die (Viva TV was founded), but i dont know why, my first was "Synkronized". supersonic white
King For A Days "was" such a great song, so i bought the album.
And then the others...

ezzi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 16:37    Reply with quote

I also knew Jamiroquai since the first album but never paid much attention to the music. I remember loving the songs from Travelling Without Moving, so I bought this album a couple of weeks ago. ( Embarassed Yes, i know i should be ashamed of myself Embarassed ) Within a week after buying TWM i bought in this order: EOPE and ROTSC, two days later Synkronized, and AFO the next day. I declare myself officially hooked on Jami now!

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 17:11    Reply with quote

my first jamiroquai was synkronized. i did own TWM and The Return on tape (yeah, the good old days... Wink )

after synkronized, i bought all the other cds as well. Smile

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 18:28    Reply with quote

My First Jam Lp...
supersonic black Hello everyone, :jay2:

What a great idea for a poll, thanks for the greeting of joining the JamiroTalk team, my only hope is to be a moderator of the same caliber of you and CosmicMouse! Now, my first Jamiroquai release...Hmmm..(Opens up Jamiroquai archive in head and rummages through memory files, finds right memory and screams, "Eureka!")....Ahhhh, now I remember, it was a American promo 12 inch of "When You Gonna Learn?" humming on the speakers of my local store in early 93' that caught my attention and my constant 3 days of trying to haggle the record store employee to sell it too me, it was a life-changing purchase for me. After that run-on sentence, then with typical listenings, I moved on to purchasing both the LP and CD copies of the albums, then I started to do heavy word-of-mouth to my fellows who frequented the record store and my places of work, got a mild buzz going about Jamiroquai, but it would be another 4 years till the whole American continent would discover Jamiroquai, except for us selected few who compose the American Jamiroquai Fanbase. Sorry to go Jamiroquai History Teacher there, just when I remember something, I love to go into complete detail! Thanks for listening and keep up the great chatter here in the "Music Of Jamiroquai", my new online stomping ground! Peace and the usual props to CosmicMouse and Bear for giving me the chance to raise my bar up the Jamiroladder of success!

Sincerely your Moderator,
JamiroFan2000
--------------------------------------------
JAMIROFAN'S THOUGHT OF THE POST
--------------------------------------------
Most underrated Jamiroquai songs:
"Kids", "Scam", & "Just Another Song"
They need to open a Jamiroquai museam
in Jay's stomping ground with a big IMAX
theatre that shows all Jamiroquai videos
from over the years, and have exhibits that
showcase the progression of Jay Kay's cloths
and hats!
-----------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 09:13    Reply with quote

ROTSC
My first LP (actually CD) of Jami was ROTSC rasta hat.
My husband offered it to me when it was released, so it should be 1994.
At that time, I used to keep it in the same category Question as Us3. It seems my taste in music has evolved since then.

Shortly after, I bought big hat EOPE.
alright supersonic white AFO hat I think my husband offered me the 3 others CD as well.

Jemau

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:26    Reply with quote

Us3 it's a long time since I last put on that cd... Funky band like Jami Exclamation
Well my first 1 was TWM supersonic white . I got hooked on Virtual Insanity..... and the story goes..... I had already heard Jami before but the Jazzy music at that time did not really get me... It was until very recently that I bought the first 2 albums.... and I still have not convinced myself which Jamiroquai I really prefer... It seems the band has evolved so much from the 1st album Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CosmicBear
Officer - not married to CosmicMouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:33    Reply with quote

don't make a choice - enjoy ALL of it! Wink

DIDGIN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 14:03    Reply with quote

the first album I got was TWM, which was burnt from a friend (sorry, cosmic bear)

Adidas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 14:33    Reply with quote

My first Album was Emergency on Planet Earth. Actually, the first thing I bought from Jamiroquai was a single of emergency on planet earth. As soon as the album came out, I bought it.

I still buy every maxi-single, extra maxi-singles (part two) and albums and I still love their music. Smile

The only thing I think is F**ked off is that they don't sell the DVD-singles of the last few singles in Holland. So that will be a big search again on the internet.
So if anyone can help me to get these DVD-singles, talk to me!!! Laughing

Adidas

Put the needle on it!!

smellbob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 00:26    Reply with quote

Embarassed poor me, i only discovered jamiroquai when little l came out Embarassed

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 06:36    Reply with quote

The first album I bought was AFO. I heard songs of them before now and then but never bought an album. But AFO got me and within the next 3 months I bought all their albums and by the moment I loooove love2 ROTSC Its my absolute favorite!!

Miranda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 13:27    Reply with quote

The first CD I bought was the single : A Little L, and then I bought AFO, and all the others. But I wonder why I didn't buy King for a Day before! The music that definitely captivated my attention Confused

Queen_Of_Funk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 18:31    Reply with quote

ROSCB.
i was given ROSCB (he made a copy!) by my brother! Smile this cd has emerged out to become my fave jami record...& EOPE comes in as a close 2nd. i just love listening to ROSCB, it brings me that nostalgic feel esp. listening to "light years" & "stillness in time". neat, it's neatity neat!! lol

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 07:18    Reply with quote

Re: ROSCB.
Queen_Of_Funk wrote:
i just love listening to ROSCB, it brings me that nostalgic feel esp. listening to "light years" & "stillness in time". neat, it's neatity neat!! lol

Very Happy Just what I feel too, Queen of Funk! Very Happy

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 08:22    Reply with quote

Me too bumpin' heart I love Stillness in time, Return of the Space cowboy and Morning Glory biglove this song is so full of emotions and Jays voice is absolutely fascinating clapping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: