jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Short Düsseldorf Review
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 06:02    Reply with quote

Short Düsseldorf Review
Here I sit in my office at work tired with hurting feet - but very happy about this great concert yesterday in Düsseldorf. I don't have much time to write a big review but I just wanna tell you that we really had a great time!!!!! I met so nice people from Jamirotalk and "not from Jamirotalk" and we laughed so much and we were all in first row!!! bounce Greetings to all who were there !!! Moni took a lot of pics and I'm sure she will put them here as soon as she's at home (she stayed in Düsseldorf tonight)

The band was in a really good mood - they were laughing a lot and making jokes, the songs were great (see setlist) although it was a bit short in my opinion - could have been 3 or 4 songs more!!! First row was really close and Jay came to shake hands - and I think we all took his hand Mr. Green

More soon - Konni

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 06:15    Reply with quote

Glad you had fun Konni!!!! Mr. Green

Funkie Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:24    Reply with quote

Hi Konni, yeah it was an amazing night. Awesome concert in my opinion. of course, we had the 'luck' (actually, the patience) to be in the middle of the first row. Bests 'seats' in the house Very Happy
Looking forward to all the photo's that were taken!

Any other people here that were also at the Düsseldorf show?

Cheers,
Rob

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:48    Reply with quote

Konny!
Thx for your review: i 'm very happy that u enjoyed yourself so much!
A gig is always a gr8 gr8 emotion, especially when u r face to face the man with the cat in the hat! lol

see u! Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:51    Reply with quote

Glad you had fun too Rob!!!
jumpinggreens

tarinja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 13:19    Reply with quote

juhuuu!!!

i wanna say thanx for this great evening yesterday. i met lovely people from jamirotalk and celebrate a very nice concert with them. hope to see you all again on another concert in first row - middle AFO hat Very Happy

how long have you stayed at the bar for drinking? Wink

greets to all,
christiane

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 15:52    Reply with quote

ok... heres another short review... from this sensationell fantastic....concert..(well of course i´m not very neutral...this has been my first concert from jamiroquai... waited for it sooooo long ... over years...).. and it´s gonna be short... cause.. i´m absolutly tired...and my bones are achin toooooo (i´m gettin old...) Evil or Very Mad
and i can´t do it sooo exactly.. just give you some very subjective impressions....
here we go:

first i met monisum ( for the first time....like her soooo much...i met a very nice soulmate Wink ) ... then, in the hotel we met another jamiro fan.. from sweden... yes... he came to düsseldorf from the north of sweden.....long long way just to see jamiroquai...(he isn´t yet on this forum hope he ´s gonna visit us here Exclamation ..
)then we have to hurry up.. 4snail 4turtle butterfly in june is in front of the philipshalle waiting for us....(it´s half past 4 ..)

ok... but there isn´t just her waiting there... also... funky junkie..with his girlfriend... and babette 25 , tarinja are standing there..(of course "some" other fans who we don´t know on this forum heheheh Wink )

at seven the door opened... we run ... run as fast as we could..../ there had been some merchandising "people" from sony... i got a chainkey /keychaine ??!!!!jamirouai and sony erricson is written on it and a buffalo man is hanging above it... love it!!!!

and we did it... we are in the first..rowwwww.... in front of jays micro..... ..arrrhhghhgghh i´m sooo happy... like rob /funky junkie said... the best place ever Exclamation

at half past eight they started the dragon theme...heheheeee
we know now.. they are coming... and yes... first it was derrick.. then matt , paul, and rob... and they started the play list you will find at http://www.jamirotalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3844

first i recognized jay is wearing his dynamite clothes.. and hat...and he isn´t having a bandage around his hand anymore just a little plaster.seems he´s ok again!!!! Exclamation ... 5crossfingers .. great.. hope is gonna doo some moves.......
and yes heee diidddd... he and the rest of the band had been in such a great mood... during one of jays little drinking break the whole phillipshalle started to clap... to shout" of joy" ..... very very loud ... and you could see he was surprised about this .and then . he was soo delighted..(hope you understand what i mean.... sorry for my.."dictionary" english.. Embarassed )

the audience was sooo great....!!! and our first row... was even able to dance a lot.. and to jump.... we´ve had enough place...( because the"sencond row" has seen or realized we need some "space"..hehhehe)

ok.. during...(forgot which song it was) jay came "down" hehehe to us!!!! :: bounce as it was on me he took my hand... looked me into my eyes... 2faint 2melting .. oh my goooooddddd... uff... tooo much for my little bumpin' heart

damn.....it´s gettin tooo long.... ok..
at the end...which has come at almost 11 o´clock... (which was too early... the blues ) we all could win a "wet t-shirt contest"....our legs are were not "feelable"... feets ... what´s that?... Wink we (the first row) met for some "alt" (düsseldorfer beer) in a pub.... we sang "alright"... and were all soo happy... Exclamation

i just stop now... make a cut... cause i wouldn´t stop writing... about this unbelievable day.....great to met some jamirotalkers!! hope to hear from you soon Exclamation
btw. :(pics..which...has been taken by monisum are coming sooonnnn Exclamation there are some familiar problems... she hasn´t got time right now... Exclamation )

it´s only once or twice you´re in line with mr. moon !!

Speed Freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 17:41    Reply with quote

Very Happy what more can i add?? Very Happy it was just a boombastic boodalicious concert with a great band and a party-party audience! Im happy that i met so many fonky ppl there like christiane, babette ( Wink ), monika, claudia, eric, konny and the dutch girl without a name!!! looool, im sooooo happy that i have so many lovley memories to recall Smile

hope to see u all again!

greetings,

Linda

ezzi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 18:23    Reply with quote

Hi guys! It's me, the dutch girl without a name. LOL, i must have been too excited about the show that i forgot to say my name to some of the fans there. I had a fantastic time at the Dusseldorf show and I'm glad I met up with such a nice bunch of people who have the same crazy love for Jamiroquai that I have. It was the first time for me to see the band live and to meet other J.fans!

OMG, what can I say about it. The show was wicked!!!! Jay threw us some drinks cause we were obviously thirsty from dancing and jumping up and down. He shook my hand too just like MsMoon who stood next to me. At the end of the show he blew me a kiss too. Could be ment for somebody else but I allow myself to dream it was for me. (don't let my husband read this LOL)

Anyway, I'll post more about the show when i remember it. For now big hugs to all the people i met yesterday. Looking forward to 'seeing' you here at Jamirotalk!

Very Happy Ezzi ( Ester )

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 18:30    Reply with quote

2grouphug ...

LOL jumpinggreens

it´s only once or twice you´re in line with mr. moon !!

ezzi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 19:01    Reply with quote

I don't know if this is allowed but i will do it anyway. This is a nice review of another fan on another board. I thought i'd post the link so you'all can read it too: http://bb.jamiroquai.com/viewtopic.php?t=2248

Funkie Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 20:06    Reply with quote

Hi Ester, good to see you here...I think you did mention your name but everyone kept forgetting other people's names...at the end of the day we finally were able to remember. hehe...

Nice review, though they forget one element of the show which was a very positive and important thing to me; Jay talking about the situation in the world as it is now, with Bush as the US president, the generalisation of muslims as if they'd all be extremists, and some other points. I have to be honest and say that sometimes I feel like he sort of lost his touch with that side, but apparently he didn't! I really agree wth everything he said there, so that was important to me. Very cool.

monisum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 20:10    Reply with quote

DÜSSELDORF, 20th September 2005

Hi friends,

I am finally home, tired and filled with lots and lots of happy moments from that great gig with 4000 fans in Düsseldorf. Laughing
Big thanks to mrsmoon and butterfly in June for their great reviews. It was so fantastic to meet them. good

The audience went out of their heads and the hall was cooking.
The gig was bit shorter than in Hamburg, the band introduction was shorter and the normal very long Alright-intro was quite short in my opinion. But Jay danced like hell, tripling and jumping light as a feather. Good to see him recovered. The band worked as a real team together, joking at each other and Jay was a master of improvisation. somersault

Comparing Hamburg and Düsseldorf, 2 gigs with only one day in between: Although the setlist was nearly the same, all songs were arranged a bit different. Jay seems to decide from one moment to another if he will repeat a slower part, extend vocals, slow down or heat the band up again. The band followed all his little hints and worked like a unit. So great to view. Think I would not even be bored if I would watch and hear them ten concerts in a row. Wink

I met so many great people their. We had a real Jamily feeling and this made that gig especially fantastic. We really had our own preshow and aftershow party and shared a fabulous concert together. As a contribution to all my new friends I will upload our personal fan pics first, followed later by the concert pics. I am happy to see, that all our new friends have already registered and posted here. I am sure Eric will do so too, when he is back home in Sweden. Very Happy Wink

I hope the local sponsoring radio station “Radio Eins Live” will present pics soon too, like NDR2 did from the Hamburg gig before, cause they took many many pics.

During the gig I felt sometimes like watched from the band (may be only my feeling) because whenever a new song started, I took out a sheet of paper, put it on the fence railing, to write down the track for remembering the setlist. In between I tried to get mobile phone connection to send cosmic mouse the so far setlist, or made lots of pics. All this interrupted by jamming the camera back into my pocket to jump and dance mad up and down and sing along. LOL

It was real pleasure to shake hands with Jay stoned , I felt like being in the Live in Verona gig. There were so many more funny and great moments. I wish I could tell you all the little things I remember, but it would take so much time. Wink

Please be a bit patient with me, I have to choose from a lot of pics, comprime and upload them, so this will take some time. And my budget at photobucket is nearly filled, so I might have to check for another source for uploading.
Also like mrsmoon already mentioned I got some really bad news on my way back home Crying or Very sad and have to spend some time with my family. Hope you understand. Wink I try to be as fast as I can.

For first impression:
The waiting hardcore fans before the concert (from left to right):
mrsmoon/Claudia, butterfly in June/Konni, me, Babette25/Julia, Speed Freak/Linda, tarinja/Christiane, Eric (from Sweden) and Ezzi/Ester. Kneeling in front: Funkie Junkie/Rob Wink
(more tomorrow evening after work)

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (255130 KB) is 1280 x 960 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 20:15    Reply with quote

good Great picture of everyone Monika!!

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 20:15    Reply with quote

thank all for your great reviews and your comments! (and the pics!)

***STONED AGAIN***
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: