jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

next tour leg: South America Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 17:50    Reply with quote

No pictures, but autographs and bodyguards trying to protect Jay.

The band was in a very very nice mood.

D! (dyego)

spacecowboy_vibe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 06:16    Reply with quote

Set list
Hey Diego,

I'm dying here man!!!

Could you please let us know the playlist they did? I read they we´re going to make some changes... tell us tell us... I am dying to know man.

sleep! if you can.. I couldn´t sleep right before the gig in san francisco....

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 19:01    Reply with quote

i have 2 seconds, but i thought this was an interesting read about artists touring latin america for anyone wanting a good read (in my opinion)...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=musicNews&storyID=2006-04-12T154944Z_01_N12249534_RTRIDST_0_MUSIC-LATIN-DC.XML&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13

By Leila Cobo

MIAMI (Billboard) - The Rolling Stones and U2 had not been to Latin America in nearly eight years. And as the massive success of both tours confirm, the region's touring market has matured a lot in that time.
Between February and March, U2, with Franz Ferdinand opening, played nine sold-out shows at arenas in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Chile. On average, each show grossed more than $5 million with attendance at more than 70,000 every night.

During the same months, the Rolling Stones played six massive concerts in Mexico, Argentina and Puerto Rico, as well as a free show at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro that the Stones' Web site claims drew 2 million fans.

Promoters agree that overall better infrastructures, new arenas -- including the Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum in San Juan, Puerto Rico -- and healthier economies are contributing to a particularly busy concert season in Latin America.

"More and more people are realizing, 'We can't just play America, we can't just play Europe,"' says Jerry Barad, senior VP of touring for Live Nation-owned promoter The Next Adventure, which booked the U2 tour. Today in Latin America, he says, "there are more promoters, there are more venues and more options."

Historically, touring in Latin America has never been a simple proposal. Unlike Europe, distances between countries are vast. With the exception of Mexico, all travel and transportation of equipment must be done via air. Typically, live shows are more heavily taxed in Latin America than in the United States. And with ever-shifting politics and economics, security can be an issue as well.

"Our business is unpredictable," says Phil Rodriguez, president of Evenpro/Water Brother International. He has been producing shows in Latin America for more than 20 years, booking everything from Rock in Rio to Jamiroquai, who recently performed in Bogota, Colombia, for the first time.

That stop is an example of artists' willingness to sample new territories that were off-limits just a year ago. Colombia "has made a quantum leap in terms of improvement with President (Alvaro) Uribe," says Rodriguez, who has also brought Good Charlotte, Ricky Martin, Slipknot and the Black Eyed Peas to the war-torn nation.

While Colombia is a relatively new market for international acts, Argentina could be termed a "renewed" market. The country, always a popular stop for touring acts, virtually shut down its concert activity after the economic and political crisis of 2002, when the local currency crashed, making it prohibitively expensive to bring in outside talent.
Today, the Argentine peso is still cheap, but the economy is stronger and audiences are willing to pay the ticket prices necessary to lure big acts.
The nation is an important stepping stone to other Latin American territories.

"The distances are too far to play any one country in South America in isolation," says Bruce Moran, president of CIE USA Entertainment.
Although last year alone Moran took Pearl Jam, Judas Priest, Avril Lavigne and Dream Theater, among others, to South America, the continent "is still not a necessity" for major acts as part of a tour, he says.
But Mexico is.

The country is not only rich in venues, it is also a hop and skip away from the United States. "Every major artist today feels it is necessary to play Mexico City. And the beauty is, it can be included as part of a U.S. tour or it can be part of a Latin American run," MoWith a population of 40 million, Mexico City has a variety of venues and, certainly, the breadth of audience to attract virtually any kind of act. Mexico has also benefited from new arenas in smaller cities like Monterrey, Guadalajara and Acapulco.

According to Moran, business in Mexico has seen brisk growth, particularly since 2002. Last year, his company did 105 shows in Mexico, drawing more than 1 million people and a box office of nearly $30 million.
Even as promoters are booking more international acts, Latin artists are also benefiting from a better touring structure and new venues.
Puerto Rican star Chayanne, for example, has increased his ticket prices along with his fame. But he's also upped his number of shows. In the past 12 months, he played 100 concerts in Latin America alone, says his promoter, Patricia Bolivar.

Reuters/Billboard

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 19:05    Reply with quote

Yeah! Just read that article on google, I was looking for articles, I thought it was very interesting too.

Great thing for all latin america's music listeners Cool

D! (dyego)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: