jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

WTF, JMQ in South America and Dubai but no U.S.???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

djbrak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 18:39    Reply with quote

WTF, JMQ in South America and Dubai but no U.S.???
I don't get it, they can go to South America...which I can understand because they do have a big fan base there, but Dubai??? When the F*** are they coming here?
-Renato

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 18:47    Reply with quote

take it easy!
They surely will performance in Us Wink

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 18:55    Reply with quote

buffaloman_R Hello, buffaloman_R

Smile Yes, well put Francesca (FRA), don't worry DJBrak, remember, the South/Latin American swing of their tour ends in mid April and they don't play the German Fests till June 2006 Smile. So inbetween late April to Late May, with a bunch of extra UK Jam gigs, Jamiroquai can hit the states for a 2-3 week tour stint, so wait and see mate! But I do understand your frustrations, I didn't get to see them their first time through due to money woes, but hopefully but then I will be able to see them! Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

deesh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 23:27    Reply with quote

ummm..hmmmm, they just LEFT here. did you miss that or are do you want them to come back here when there are places they've never been or haven't been since the 90's? scroll down and check the live dates from october - november 2005.

http://funkin.com/live/index.php?year=2005

how do you assume dubai doesn't have a jami fan base? it may not be obvious, but they do. the only concert jamiroquai did there in 2002 actually sold out. here are pictures..you can see the popularity of the band. people come from all over the middle east to dubai to see jamiroquai, because that's the only place they do in that region.

http://www.dubailook.com/gallery.php?FLT_JAHR=2002 (scroll down to the jamiroquai concert)

seems fair to me.....rock on dubai and enjoy!

Adidas2076

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 02:35    Reply with quote

I don't mean to step on any toes here but I'm gonna have to go ahead here and agree with you deesh, they did just leave here not four months ago and there are PLENTY of other places in the world that need thier first helping before we get our second!! I have to be honest though, I had fifths because out of the 6 places they played on the west coast I was at five of them (I didn't go to, but still saw Jay Leno). They will be back due to, I wanna say all, the sold-out show in the US. I might be wrong non that figure but being at all those shows there was definate appreciation from both performers and audience alike. So patience friend, we will see and hear from our boys once again!
Keep searching,
Adidas2076

Ivy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 03:30    Reply with quote

i agree with u guys: dubai and beyond...but i wouldn't mind if they made a minor stop here in the U.S. even if it in the west coast! 2pessimist 2yummy

Catman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 06:44    Reply with quote

Re: WTF, JMQ in South America and Dubai but no U.S.???
djbrak wrote:
I don't get it, they can go to South America...which I can understand because they do have a big fan base there, but Dubai??? When the F*** are they coming here?
-Renato

for fucks sake... they've already been the usa!!! far out... wait ur turn! geez....ffs

Last edited by Catman on Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:09; edited 1 time in total

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 08:43    Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Quote:
wait ur turn!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

VirtuallyInsane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 15:21    Reply with quote

djbrak wrote:
-Renato

They just left!! Be patient & don't be so greedy!! Let the other places like South America have their turn!!! Rolling Eyes

Pepela

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 15:27    Reply with quote

VirtuallyInsane-totally agree!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 17:24    Reply with quote

DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI !!!
Dubai seems a little off course for the journey home from the stronghold of South American back to the weakhold of the UK. But I am not complaining, this Godsend fell from the sky into my Jami little paws !!!

And to the American fans: Maintain hope, because the British and European fans are hoping for dates to be announced for the summer too. You never know, the US visit might be delayed untill after the summer.

And my dear Dad spoils his Little H !!! I have my tickets for priveleged seating for Dubai !!! Dubai's weather is still bearable at this time of year - it should be glorious.

The last time I was in the Emirates was 20 years ago, and I saw a Carribean Steel Band play at the Abu Dhabi Continental. The irony was that most of the band members came from Walthamstow in east London where I was born - LOL - and small world I should see them half way across the world. Anyway, five years later I was in a Pizza Hut restaurant in the famous street market of Walthamstow and the waitress recognized me from Dubai.

If anyone needs tickets contact:
Miss Lena Thampan: 00 971 4 343 2360 email: lina@vibeme.net
Or purchase on line: www.boxofficeme.com

http://www.flickr.com/groups/organ_donation/

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 17:33    Reply with quote

DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI DUBAI !!!
deesh wrote:
the only concert jamiroquai did there in 2002 actually sold out.

OH DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH !!!

. . . and I didn't even know at that time, and my sorry little @rse was rotting away here complaining of isolation !!!

NOT this time - civilization at last - thank you Jamily !!!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/organ_donation/

Jaminneapolis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 19:15    Reply with quote

From a geographic perspective it is a lil disappointing though. They do a South American tour, and work their way as far north as Mexico... and then they stop. JK said twice "we'll be back in March". Call this a spoiled viewpoint, but it is a lil disappointing they won't play any gigs here after Mexico City.

It seems inefficient that they would go all the way to Dubai and then come back to North America... They will always be in Europe for the summer where they can sell out stadiums and arenas and festivals compared to only clubs here. For the Americans, we'll be lucky if they're back in the fall.

But with that being said.... They're welcome back anytime hehe

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 23:55    Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
djbrak wrote:
-Renato

for fucks sake... they've already been the usa!!! far out... wait ur turn! geez....ffs

exactly... i really don't know what's its problem!!!

Tib

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 20:30    Reply with quote

djbrak wrote:
-Renato

I'm with Renato. I believe I now understand how my 6-year-old feels when she sees some other kid biting into a slice of birthday pizza and is suddenly filled with envy...even though she has already had her slice. We spoiled Americans should just be happy for eveyone else in the pizza line when they finally get their share. But it's hard.

Note to Jay -- the U.S. is calling. Please pick up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: