jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Drifting along

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 14:52    Reply with quote

Drifting along
I would like to know what you guys think about the song "Drifting along"? I remember the first time I heard it I thought I was in the wrong album - Raggea on a Jami album 2ill I just couldn't believe it. I really didn't like it much. But after listening several times I liked it more and more and the way Jay imitates this typical Raggea slang is great smoke'n'jump And I like the lyrics very much - so relaxed.
What do you think about it?? I'm curious to hear your opinion Rolling Eyes

4butterfly

sanida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 15:08    Reply with quote

Hey,

Interesting question you have there!

I am a huge fan of Bob Marley and reggae music in general, and I had just come out of my major Marley phase when I heard Drifing Along and went..."what the....?"
However, I think the boys did a really good job and captured the style quite well.

The lyrics I agree are very relaxing. Reminds me a lot of Bob Marley's lyrics that depict the whole rasta lifestyle: "cruisin, driftin, jamming"

Its one of the few songs that really breaks out of the standard acid jazz/funk style that jamiroquai are known for and i think they should maybe do a few more reggae numbers!

And thats what I think Smile

keep groovin'

~Sanida rasta hat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

sunrayvibe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:54    Reply with quote

Well Girls,
I agree very much with you. Very clever remarks you wrote up there good

I'm glad though that Jamiroquai made this only 1 reggae song, because ... I do not like Reggae at all Embarassed .

Queen_Of_Funk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 17:32    Reply with quote

sanida wrote:
The lyrics I agree are very relaxing. Reminds me a lot of Bob Marley's lyrics that depict the whole rasta lifestyle: "cruisin, driftin, jamming".......Its one of the few songs that really breaks out of the standard acid jazz/funk style that jamiroquai are known for and i think they should maybe do a few more reggae numbers!

clapping clapping clapping well said Sanida! jami have done well to venture into the reggae genre. "Drifting Along" is very different from their original sound, but it ain't bad! it's original and different.

the lyrics are also relaxing and meaningful! makes you think alot about yourself and where you're going in life....i.e. trying/aiming to get to one's destination, without having to feel you're drifting along, into a place that you don't want to be in.....should focus on yourself/life, and where you're heading. correct? you understand moi? 2yes lol

smellbob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 01:00    Reply with quote

hmmm... I think I've never actually listened to the whole song yet. Ignorant aren't I? I'll go listen to it now. 7note7note7headphones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: