jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

ARGENTINA, Buenos Aires, 22 March 2006 - REVIEWS/PHOTOS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

monisum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 20:45    Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the great reviews and pictures good

I am so happy for you Diego and Abou and all the others to enjoy such a great concert kissing
What a night and great meeting with the band Exclamation Very Happy Makes me up a bit for this damn night here on the radio with horrible metro mix and no broadcast at all Evil or Very Mad and only 1 hour sleep before waking up for another 10 hours working day 2tired
I just watched the audience videos on youtube to get an impression, and I really love the dynamite one, despite of alle the quality and the guys singing along so false... Shocked Laughing

I am so sorry Flor, that you lost the others and did not make it to the after show, I wonder, that you kept not in contact with mobile with the others to meet and enjoy at least some time together after the show Sad
Anyway I am glad to hear you are Ok, thinking about the pushing and smoke all around I first thought you got problems with your heart when Diego told, he lost you 2hug
But although you were not front row when Jamiroquai were on stage I am sure you enjoyed the good music even from behind Wink

mr_moon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 20:50    Reply with quote

Excellent review Diego! Very Happy It was like being there myself (well not quite) I guess that sort of experience is one that you will not forget in a hurry!

Well done my friend Wink

Abou Moslem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 21:01    Reply with quote

there was no rob harris list at all.
rob was surprised when we told him about that.

fUnK[iLo]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 21:28    Reply with quote

monisum wrote:
I wonder, that you kept not in contact with mobile with the others to meet and enjoy at least some time together after the show Sad

Actually... we weren't allowed to take mobile phones and digital cams with us, but when I got there, no one told anyone anything if they had Confused. And I didn't want to lose my mobile or someone to steal it Confused

I really know this little Corner of the Earth it smiles at me...

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 21:34    Reply with quote

well, I've just arrived from university.
I wanted to write before but I couldn't.

Well, this is what happened to me:

I arrived 1:40 pm to the club. I went with my cousin after travelling for almost 1 hour and a half.
I was in a good place, there wasn't so much people.
But then in a few hours more and more people arrived and the "waiting line" (i don't know how t say this) reached about 200 meters.

While waiting I met Diego and Mer and we could listen to the sound check, Don't give hate a chance could be heard from the street.
I didn't go with them to the beginning ‘cos I was with my cousin and he is not "a fan" so he would be a little loosen, hehe.

Well when they opened the gates I started running and lost my cousin, then I reached the 3rd row, in the middle, where I met Ale.
My cousin arrived then and we stayed there in the 3rd row in the middle.
Then while the other bands where playing (I think that every one of the sucked - the band with the girl wasn't Victoria Mil, that band was "Hana")
Everybody started pushing and we thought "we won't enjoy anything this way", so we step back a few meters, I tried to reach the "Good Vibe Zone" crew, so I stayed there 10-15 meters from the stage.
As soon Enter the dragon started I lost my cousin and a friend of him and in less than a minute I found myself on the right side, but at the same distance from the stage, the sound was much better from there, and I could see the whole band perfectly, so I tried to stay there or closer to the stage, because people was very very crazy, jumping, pushing back-front-right-left!
During the Enter the dragon ending and the enter of the bandmembers Jay could be seen in the screens getting ready to enter...
Then he entered with his "Too young to die like" "poncho", and his shining hat. A new Jay!
After Canned Heat he took of the poncho, and showed he was woring an Argentinean jacket. Then after Space cowboy he took of the jacket.
I can tell you people went mad with the start of Revolution, jumped a lot with High Times (this was one the highest moments of the concert) and sung each song! The “Hey’s” of the beginning of Black Capricorn Day by the audience were amazing.

Well, I won’t describe every song, but something about it:
Some songs were played slower than usual, more album like, so that was fantastic! (e.g.: You give me something was played slower than in the US, at leat I felt this, the ones who went there help me in this one).
Paul did an amazing job in the middle pat of Dynamite, as Matt did.
This was one of the best versions of the tour.
Then after a while we could listen to an AMAZING version of Twenty Zero One.
Finally, Deeper underground almost caused an earthquake, my cousin told me after the show, “wow, I could feel Godzilla’s footsteps with that intro!

When everything finished I tried to find Diego, Ale, Nico, Mer, Flor, and the others, some of the to say goodbye, and others to say “Hello & Goodbye”, hehe, but I couldn’t.
I went out and tried to find my cousin, who I found 20’ later Very Happy.

We went to drink and eat something for survive, and then we left.

About what Jay said about DGHAC, he said that that as the last single they released, but until now, he said “this is the last single we released…”.

…and the best of all “Argentina, muchas gracias, thnk you very much, you’re the No. 1 best audience!, thank you!” Very Happy Very Happy

UH! WHAT AN AMAZING CONCERT!
Thank you all of you Jamiroquai.

Sorry if you got bored reading this Smile

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 21:36    Reply with quote

Dyego wrote:
Ale noticed that, during a Japan concert, they did playback and a guy played the guitar...

WHAT Shocked !

Noe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 23:05    Reply with quote

Hi guys!
I survived, as many of you did. First of all, congratulation to Diego and the rest for meeting the band afterwards. That means you're able to do ANYTHING for Jamiroquai and that's good. BIG APPLAUSE TO YOU!
Secondly, I want to support TONY 70 hahaha. Definitely, the best support act yesterday. DIJISTE MI NOOOOOOOOOMMMMMBREEEE!!!!!!!!!
I won't make this post too long. I'll just say USE THE FORCE it was the best song for me (thanks to the marvellous percussionist SOLA AKINGBOLA)
It was lovely to see all the argie fans grooving and supporting the band. When I have the pics, I'll post them here.
Saludos a todos
Noe

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 01:26    Reply with quote

flor, i sorry you couldn't be there with the others, but i'm sure you will have more chances.just don't apologize for the circumstances
2 Kissing
Smile

***STONED AGAIN***

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 02:55    Reply with quote

Wow what great reviews!!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us and SSSSOOO glad that you had a great time and we lucky enough to meet the boys Smile Smile Smile

SAMANTHA

Abou Moslem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 06:05    Reply with quote

Gonza-Arg wrote:
Dyego wrote:
Ale noticed that, during a Japan concert, they did playback and a guy played the guitar...

WHAT Shocked !

yeah, he was this guy, the sound engineer that was doing the mimic of the guitar on this video because simon was sick.

hey, mate, mate! Very Happy

Dye
Correspondent & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 06:07    Reply with quote

Spanish Cozmik Girl wrote:
it's ok, my friend, don't feel sad Smile
But Diego were going to the aftershow as you and he didnt take you there and didnt tell you where it was Evil or Very Mad
he didnt even try to call you Evil or Very Mad

That's mean Sad

I stayed for more than 1 and a half hour outside the line, blocks away, trying to see if ANYONE knew anything about bandmember's guestlist. I was there cause Flor and I were supposed to be on the guest list.

People could've entered while we were there, and lost our place. When I came back, cause the guy didn't know sh*t, I met Flor and a few minutes later we entered to the place. Of course, I lost her, as I lost many of other people.

As the crowd got bigger and bigger, it was even harder trying to find someone. I didn't have Flor's cell. She gave it to me, but I never add her on my cell's agenda. My bad, I recognize that, sorry Flor! We should've talk more, but the whole situation was confusing for everyone.

Before Jami was on stage, people was pushing too hard, she's so damn right that I had to go myself to a quiet place by the 2nd song, cause I couldn't be there. I couldn't breathe properly.

When the show finished... how am I supposed to find someone between almost 30.000 people?

We had a reunion spot with Mer and Ale, cause a girl from Sony was waiting for us (for her, actually). We didn't know anything until we got there. Only 4 people could reach the Aftershow ticket, thanks to those girls from Sony BMG. Mer, Ale and I were there. And then Nico appeared. It all happened too quick, only 20 minutes after the show ended. The girls told us to hurry up. And that's what happened.

Don't blame me for what ocurred! Besides, Rob told me 'I'm sorry', cause apparently there was a problem with the guest list from him, they never appeared or whatever.

Thanks everyone for the replies. The concert was excellent. I can't judge, cause this was my first, but it was truly amazing cause all the people were very enthusiastic!

D! (dyego)

Space Clav
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 07:19    Reply with quote

Congratulations to a wonderful event with such an extraordinary ending with that aftershow! Smile

The only thing I could imagine being better would be to chill with the band, smoking a spliff or two and listen to the two new songs. Wink

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 13:17    Reply with quote

A little clip of Canned Heat can be found here:

http://www.tn.com.ar

You have to allow the pop up.

You have to look under 'noticias del dia'.

Cesar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 14:19    Reply with quote

Marianita wrote:
Hello Cesar wait for slit your wrist "after" the concert please
LOL
Maybe they´ll play Seven days in sunny June in Brazil, maybe you are more lucky than us Smile
Anyway the concert was GREAT

(me and my sister yesterday in the front row)

Good advice! Smile

I'm actually hoping to hear SDISJ AND COTE (because it's very Brazilian)... I hope I'm not in for grand disappointment... Wink

I'm glad that you and all the Argentine fans had a great time! Very Happy

Cesar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 14:42    Reply with quote

Diego and Funk[ilo], thanks for the great reviews!
They were very interesting to read.
I'm happy you had a great time, especially Diego - since it was his first Jmq concert.

I'm counting the hours until tomorrow, the Rio show.
Claro Hall is the same venue where Jmq performed in 1999. It was then called Metropolitan. It's large, comfortable and the air conditioning is impeccable (a GREAT thing, considering Rio's been really hot this week).

As I've already said, people will be VERY disappointed if Jmq don't play SDISJ because it's their current hit here (a little late, I know - but better late than never!). I don't think they'd have a problem playing it here IF they found out it's a hit. Brazilian record companies assistants have been known NOT to tell the artists about their chart success here and several times bands ended up not playing their current hits because they just didn't know it... Sad

A funny remembrance has just crossed my mind! Very Happy
In 1999, right before playing the Rolling Stones's "Miss You", Jay teased us in a sort of child-like voice: "Mick Jagger has got a Brazilian girlfriend" (he has a 6 yo Brazilian son with model Luciana Gimenez). The crowd burst out laughing and lots of people started chanting: "piranha, piranha" (which, besides being the deadly fish, is also a Portuguese slang word for "slut")... Wink It was spontaneous and VERY funny... Smile

Have a great concert tonight, São Paulo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: