jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

VENEZUELA, Poliedro de Caracas 28 March 2006 - REVIEWS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

purplejamifan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 14:33    Reply with quote

I can't see the pictures Sad

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 14:37    Reply with quote

That's very strange 'coz my photobucket is still hosting them Wink

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 14:39    Reply with quote

purplejamifan wrote:
I can't see the pictures Sad

i'll email them to you now Smile

purplejamifan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 19:40    Reply with quote

Thanks Deesha. For some reason my computer does not let me see pics...

So where are Ed and Orlan???? Me estoy comiendo las uñas en anticipacion de lo que paso anoche. Quiero saber como les fue a los chicos de Los Amigos Invisibles y a Jamiroquai... Exclamation

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 21:00    Reply with quote

purplejamifan wrote:
...Quiero saber como les fue a los chicos de Los Amigos Invisibles y a Jamiroquai... Exclamation

yo tambien

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 00:42    Reply with quote

Hi Hi Hi Hello guys, how are you??

Well, i'm pretty fine, yesterday i had a great and a terrible day... hehehe
i'm gonna tell you my story, 'cos it was so nice!

28/03/06 - 07:00 A.M.

i woke up at 5:00 A.M., and i had to go to another city called Valencia, to make formal my inscription, because i retired from my university. There was a disaster 'cos they were extremely slow, and i had to go to Caracas to see my two bands performing...

There was 12:00 P.M. and i was supposed to be in Caracas at that hour, and i was still in Valencia... well, there was a disaster too, because there were car stucks everywhere, i was going crazy, it's true...

28/03/06 - 2:00 P.M.

I was now in Maracay (where i live) because here i had to take the bus (dad couldn't take me there 'cos he had to work) so, i took the bus, and Maracay was full of car stucks again... three cars crashed in front of the bus... wow, i thought that someone didn't want me at that concert... there was 2:45 P.M. when i was at the highway...

28/03/06 - 4:35 P.M.

I was entering Caracas, i was so happy when i saw the big Jamiroquai posters in the high buildings. I took a taxi to the Poliedro, and it wasn't so expensive (i was impressed because in the Capital all is expensive, hehehe) there i found a hundred of friends, all of Los Amigos Invisibles forum, and some of the Jam Party People one... i was the only one representing the three... LAI, JPP and JTalk... hhehehe, so, we talked about ALL, i shown all my knowledge about Jamiroquai (heheh) and we had great discussions there.

28/03/06 - 8:25 P.M.

They were letting come in to the Poliedro, i was scared 'cos i had my camera and my mobile, but i managed to hide them, and they couldn't find it... i'm the master, ehehehe, inside the Poliedro, the technicals were configuring the sound of the instruments, and there were the Jamiroquai instruments... there were 4 big screens, with images of Jamiroquai, and those contest of (send a text message to this number), and there was a screen where you could be able to send a text message, and it appeared there... I sent (FunkEducation representing Jamirotalk, god bless funk). A moment later, the guys putted on stage the LAI instruments, and some minutes later they appeared and the concert started...

28/03/06 - 9:30 P.M.

Los Amigos Invisibles started their set... they played their most popular songs: Amor, Ponerte en 4, Sexy, Caliente, All Day Today.. and the people was very crazy, they were jumping so high and screamed so aloud... the Poliedro wasn't so full... there was so much people, but it wasn't full... they played the most funky set they could have never done... when they finished their set, they said some words, and they gave a welcome to Jamiroquai and said that they're fans, the crowd was insane in that moment...

28/03/06 - 11:30 P.M.

LAI finished their performance, and the DJ was playing House/Dance music, so, everybody was dancing like a mad... in one moment, Enter the Dragon started, and people knew it was going to be Jamiroquai's entrance, they screamed a lot (i was impressed you know, i was asking myself: ¿how does this people know that Jamiro was coming?), and then the guys came in, Rock (oops Rob) Harris, Sola Akingbola with his yellow adidas shirt, Derrick Mckenzie, Matt Johnson, Paul Turner, and the three women... they started their set with Canned Heat, when Jay appeared, the crowd screamed so high and Jay started singing, and the people was so excited (the crowd sang all the songs with Jay, first time i see that), the track was so funky, and it deserved the place to be the intro track, when they finished, Jay said: Hola Caracas, i love you all!, imagine how people was like. In that moment, the Poliedro was full of people... then they played Space Cowboy, i wasn't so excited cos i don't like the arrangements, but the main parts sounded nice... Cosmic Girl was unbelievable, i really admire Rob's intro on it, Revolution was great, i mean, i've heard worst performances, they did cool arrangements, one thing i didn't like was when Jay said it was gonna be Revolution, he said that "next track is one, that I did for the first album" and as i remember, he had a band working with him in that time. Then they played Little L, Seven Days, High times... ohhh High Times, too rocky, all the people were jumping and Rob did a solo that i didn't like... You give me something was cool, nice one, Dynamite was fresh, i mean, it sounded like the album version, that's why i liked it, then they played Use The Force, and it was the second one i didn't like... very rocky this one, Rob did another solo and we were like (god....) eheehehe, Black Capricorn Day sounded amazing, the only thing it needs to be perfect is a brass section, cos the parts without it sounds weird... then they played Love Foolosophy, Main Vein and Time Won't Wait... no comments in those tracks... nice job from the guys, and nice job from Jay, whose vocals were amazing, then, they played Alright, who sounded as usual... and then they said Bye Caracas... they went out of the stage, and the people started to applause and asked for jay, some minutes later, Jay appeared and they played (Don't) Give Hate A Chance, the song was incredible, the guys performed incredible, and when the song finished, they left the stage again... People was again asking for another song, and they played the third track i didn't like: Deeper Underground. As you know, the song was as rocky as usual, and all the people started jumping, and i had to take care of all the things i had with me: my mobile, camera, my wallet and my life... one guy was drunk, and he kicked me on my back, it hurted me a lot, and i'm still hurted... another one, thrown his beer on me, and i was furious... you know, that song makes people go insane... some minutes later they finished, and they left as fast as they could, people was asking for more and there were 17 songs played... i liked the concert so much, but my back was still hurting me...

But after all we have had a great moment, it was so nice, and i was glad!

Jamiroquai Set List:

01.- Canned Heat
02.- Space Cowboy
03.- Cosmic Girl
04.- Revolution 1993
05.- Little L
06.- Seven days
07.- High Times
08.- you give me something
09.- Dynamite
10.- Use the Force
11.- Black Capricorn Day
12.- Love Foolosophy
13.- Main Vein
14.- Time Won't Wait
15.- Alright
16.- Don't give hate a chance
17.- Deeper Underground

* The pics were done by: ME! hehehe

Thanks for reading!!!
Bye Wink

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 01:10    Reply with quote

thanks for the reivew and photos

***STONED AGAIN***

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 01:33    Reply with quote

yes! you're welcome...
more pics!

deesh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 03:11    Reply with quote

hey ed! sounds like you had a long day that started at 5am! you must be tired. it's cool you hooked up with people from all the forums. did you get to meet orlan? and sorry about that beer and the kick in the back. ouch!

thank you much for the honest and detailed review and very good pictures. i am happy you had a good time and got to see the boys in your home country. thanks for also including the pictures of LAI. i know they were so excited to be playing back home.

you've heard the bootlegs from the 2005 tour, so i'm sure the rock sound was expected and didn't surprise you at all!

question which you may have covered and i didn't digest because i read it fast, but did jamiroquai acknowledge LAI in any way?

thanks again for writing this all out for us and including pictures. atleast you can now say you've seen them live!

deesha

ps. i met jamie cullum the other night - check it out in the cullum thread. Smile

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 03:56    Reply with quote

OMG..i have no words right now..!!!! will edit that post later

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 04:19    Reply with quote

bounce Wow!! Great review, Edgar!! And amazing pictures!! Well done!!

I got up 20 minutes earlier today to look if you have posted your review -before I go out of the house... and it was worth it!! Wink

Thanks a lot for sharing and for representing Jamirotalk! good

Glad you had a great night in the end!! Very Happy

Mouse

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 06:25    Reply with quote

Cool pix ED and great review!!!!!
We all thought u were lost !!!!! eh ehe he he!!!!
I'm so happy u have had a great blast with JMQ, the show 's been exciting!!!
Well done and thx u for sharing it with your Jamily! Wink

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

orlan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 08:56    Reply with quote

Hi Jtalkers!! I'm alive!!! Very Happy
heheh sorry.. I got home a few hours ago.. I'm a little bit tired but I promise my complete review within some hours later...
Fantastic!!! amazing... I just couldn't ask more ( well, one could always...) It was a fantastic gig... Some pics from the radio station I got now...
I found something while being in the gig... This radio station "la mega" broadcasted the concert, but we all were in the gig!!! I don't live in Caracas so I couldn't do anything about it when I had the news... but Many people there told me IT WAS TRUE!!... gotta find out better... but later... here some pics.
My review & photos are coming after I get some rest... see you ZZzzzz

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 09:02    Reply with quote

Good to know you are home safe, orlan!! Very Happy You were already missed here! Wink

Yeah, try to find out more about that broadcasting, pllleeeaaaase!!! roll eyes
Maybe they will repeat it at another day!! Keep us informed!!

Waiting for a detailed review ... good

Mouse

orlan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 09:05    Reply with quote

Thanks Mouse! I'll try... now, I need to sleep for a while heheh
See you... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: