jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

COSTA RICA, San Jose, Festival Imperial 1 April 2006 REVIEWS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tomas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 17:05    Reply with quote

Nice review, it was interesting to read Wink

Odrec

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 20:48    Reply with quote

Costa Rican Gig Review
Here it goes, from a hardcore fan since 1994...

The gig had a pretty thorough setlist and the playing time was pretty good. Now for Jay it might have been a shock to play at a gig for fifteen thousand people at a venue where the crowd did not even fill the floor to reach the second set of speakers. He was doing his stuff, but off, he did not dance like we expected (by we I mean the group of people I attended with). He was pretty quiet with an "okay, this tune is called..." in between tracks. He only spoke for quite a while before 'Don't give hate a chance' where he delivered his bush blair bit.

The music was greatly performed, but in comparison to other shows where Jamiroquai is accompanied by an actual brass ensamble and JAMMIN' plays a huge role, this was more on the conservative side. No improvisation, no flashy solos, no scatting... No didg... These guys can surely hold the groove, but Turner is not Zender... The highlight was those girls on the backup vocals!

I shouted, sang and danced my boots off...

Oh, and did I mention Jay danced very little?

deesh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 22:21    Reply with quote

*Deleted

Last edited by deesh on Fri Sep 19, 2008 19:29; edited 1 time in total

Jaynamite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 05:48    Reply with quote

Yes, that´s a beautiful picture taken by Susan (Jambee), as I said before, Jay smiled at the one of those kids whose parents managed to take to first row, and Jay told the camarographer to point at him

Jambee has the most amazing pictures of the concert because she has a great camera, she was right next to me in the show and Jay did posed a lot of times for her during the concert. She has some amazing videos, I´ll tell she to share it with you guys.

Something very strange happened, during Space Cowboy one of the Back singers stop singin and lefty out stage, I think she didn{t feel fine. I don´t know her name but she surely is the biggest of them (Respectfully)

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 05:55    Reply with quote

love5 aawwww.. soo cute!!!

Jaynamite, when you know Jambee, bring her here - invite her - she is welcome here! Very Happy Wink

Mouse

deesh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:54    Reply with quote

Jaynamite wrote:
And, something strange but nice, A complete family with Jamiroquai T-Shirts, Mother, Father and 3 kids (Including one 3 years old, I guess, the youngest Jamiroquai fan present in a concert, he didn´t like to listen to Barney, he rather listen to Little L, his mother said )

ahh, yes. i read this briefly when you posted it and didn't put the picture and words together right away. that's just great.

i usually don't browse over there, but i was bored. her pictures are indeed shot really well. they are some of the best i've seen taken by any fan this entire tour. very clear and detailed. i love the one she took with rob, sola and jay and her hat was very cute. there is a picture with a few bogota fans also. anyway, for those that want to see her pics, go here:

http://bb.jamiroquai.com/viewtopic.php?t=3773

she should send those to david at funkin for the gallery. they really are nice.

and ps. your english is fine jaynamite Smile

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 14:25    Reply with quote

thanks for the reviews, photos and links Smile

***STONED AGAIN***

jambee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 19:59    Reply with quote

Nice that everyone is requesting my presence here!!! HAHAHA well I'm Jambee and yessss I took lots of pics and YES JAY pointed me many times during the concert I guess he dig my HAT!!! I also Have some videos that I could share and in one video he poses at me and smiles becuase he know that I'm filming him...isn't that great!!

FOR all of you here are the pictures that I really want to share with you guys and I set some to David already!!!! nice

BEST CONCERT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE, good vibe, good music GREAT show...Jay and the band makes us go crazy with their music.....love you ALL

Here its me with the hat and Jaynamite blue shirt and Lacaro from the official forum...and Apocrifo green shirt

Nice what I did isn't it? Picture taken by Calof (friend from the bb)

Nice pic ha! thats my hand

Me and the HAT...that hat gave me luck with jay (lots of attention Smile)

My fave pic that I took JAY in the AIR

Keep singing!! WE LOVE YA

Very bright but still cool

Some of the Costarican JAM CREW (Me with the hat hehehe)the guy with the drink on the hand(Javier) is one of the 4 drinks Jay threw to the crowd..I have one!! Smile too

Once again the cutest thing on earth! the JAMILY

I have videos and more pictures to share ...cya my friends!!!

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 20:07    Reply with quote

Very cool, Jambee!!! somersault
Thanks for sharing those great pics!! good

Your hat is so cool! Is it self-made? Or did you buy it somewhere? Surprised

Wonderfull!! It's obvious that you guys had a great time!! 3propeller

Mouse

Jaynamite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 20:01    Reply with quote

Quote:

Take a look (Credits to Jambee and alep14 at JPP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMSqcDmDf-U&search=jamiroquai%20en%20costa%20rica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ13NhxSUYQ

jambee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 22:26    Reply with quote

Jaynamite wrote:
Quote:

Take a look (Credits to Jambee and alep14 at JPP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMSqcDmDf-U&search=jamiroquai%20en%20costa%20rica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ13NhxSUYQ

Jaynamite you are fast!!!!! let me do my job!!!! haha kidding! Rolling Eyes thanks for posting it...I will post more soon!

jambee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 15:10    Reply with quote

Why are we posting reviews here?..... supersonic white supersonic white isn't it here:

Jamiroquai In Concert

anyway just saying Smile

LOVE U JAMI.......

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 15:13    Reply with quote

No, please read the decribtion of the forum section. This is the Dynamite Tour section for reviews. "Jamiroquai in Concert" is for the past tours. Wink

(But I have to admit that I have to tidy up the old concert section... it's a bit mixed.)

Mouse

jambee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 15:22    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:

Your hat is so cool! Is it self-made? Or did you buy it somewhere?

I bought it online after looking @ many many indian hats...I liked that one because its the smallest I found and it was still big!

Like this supersonic white

mprmario

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 23:08    Reply with quote

Por Pura Suerte, esa cosas de las Vida, me gane un Pass para conocer a la cabeza detras del Funk que este Grupo nos demostro este Sabado de Vida y Muerte para muchos de nosotros!!!

Es la segunda Vez que lo Veo en vivo, Hace unos años por casualidad aya en los States y ahora aca en CR, lo mejor que me ha pasado....EL Mae sin Duda, sabe que sin Fans, no son Nada!!

Ahi le dejo para la posteridad!!!

Con Mi Amada Novia, que hizo todo esto Posible!!Lov U!!

En Esta Otra La Cuñis a la Der y la Primilla a la Izq, Todos en Pelota entramos!!JEJE!!Solo 3 de los ganadores llegamos y nos dejaron meter a los acomañantes!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: