jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rotterdam 14 July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jamiroquanna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:40    Reply with quote

Thanks for your review Meike!! and for the lovely pictures! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
clapping 6thanks

Am half awake, i think it will take me all week to get myself together (energy wise) before we do it all again at Lovebox!

It was really nice to meet Sola, the girls, Paul and Derrick. Paul is such a genuine man !!!! He really deserves so much more credit than he gets!!!!

Derrick is a really great laugh, a lovely lovely guy!!!

Thank you to all who made the weekend such a great one! And to the Jamily who were there with us all in our minds and hearts! Very Happy

I need a beer! Wink

Last edited by Jamiroquanna on Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:33; edited 1 time in total

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:13    Reply with quote

I am SSSSOOOO happy for you all that you were able to meet up and get to the Front Row - I love hearing your stories of the concert and can't wait to see some photos as well Smile Smile Smile

SAMANTHA

Vincenzo89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:14    Reply with quote

freaky wrote:
Vincenzo89 wrote:
freaky wrote:
Just got home, and i am still bubling...i am watching the show on TV right now..i taped it on VCR!
Normally they repeat the show on the web..but not this time?
Maybe they wil air it ... later?? Fingers crossed!

can you convert the vcr in avi or mpeg?

Sorry i do not have the equipment for that.

BUT, i did write to the organisation for a copy of the audio and video material. Video was only 20 min, but stil.
Us "poor" fans cannot be there and tape it...can we!!!!
So keep my fingers crossed for a quick reply.

don't trouble you, we now have the torrent of the dvd thanks equally

freaky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 13:20    Reply with quote

I send out the mail already yesterday.
Great for the torrent...let's hope if they reply they give us more then 3 songs. They filmed all night, there must be more footage!

Gonna download the torrent too

LLCoolJR
Officer & Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 14:03    Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

Finally I'm able to post something in this topic! In fact, I could post earlier, but I decided to wait a little.

Thanks to Meike for putting up the detailed review with all the things in it I would have liked to say. I'll try to write a review from my point of view and with my expressions in it. I'll keep it short and will add some things Meike hasn't mentioned.

8:00-11:30

Driving to Rotterdam. Jamiroquai is coming out of my speakers.

11:30-16:30

Meeting Meike at the station. What we wanted before is becoming real: we are the first two persons in the queue (in fact we ARE the queue). Always a special moment. Now the waiting can begin.
One hour later we met Anna and Rachael. Now we have a queue of four people! Wink
Funny thing is that so many people are asking me questions about accreditation, parking, the festival, where to work, etc. Very cool to answer the questions and they really believed I was working there. Every time a person entered the hall, he or she walked straight to me and asked his or her question.
And then, a few hours later I think, Ester showed up. Very good to see her again. Made me think of Brussels again. Later on we also met the other fans from the forum (Natalie, René, Peggy). Very cool to see the faces behind the nicknames.
When the time is ticking away towards 16:30 I'm becoming more and more nervous. The hall with the queue is packed of people now. We have to make it front row!
And then the people of Ahoy who have to scan our tickets are checking the gates. They are able to open every door, but they couldn't open mine! This was making me very nervous! A girl tried to open it first, but they didn't manage to open it, then a guy came to help, but he couldn't open it either. At last a big, powerful guy showed up and tried to open it. It took some minutes, but then it finally opens, what a relief!

16:30-18:30

Going inside. We have to be quick! My ticket is scanned and I want to run, but a girl from the festival is holding me. "You have to wait until we get the sign." By an other gate I saw a guy slipping through, so I said: "..and what about him?" And I walked on and ran to the hall where Jamiroquai would play. We had to wait in front of that hall again. It took some time the other Jamiroquai fans showed up because of the troubles at the gates.
We had to wait again before we could ran to the stage. We made it! Front row!

18:30-20:00

Showtime! The band is right on time, ready to play one hour and a half.

Enter The Dragon

Nothing special.

Canned Heat

It still is a great beginning of a concert. The volume at the beginning of the song wasn't very hard, but they turned it up later.

Space Cowboy

Rob's giving away a great solo in this quite long version of the track which is mindblowing. It is the version we all know from the bootlegs, but live it is way different and so good!

Revolution

No Cosmic Girl this time, but a nice version of Revolution. Nothing special.

Dynamite

Dynamite is back on the setlist! One of my highlights of the night. Long, jazzy version with an excellent Matt. The girls are great aswell this track.
They have to keep this one on the setlist for London.

Soul Education

Big surprise! Not the rocky version we know from Montreux 2003, but a version closer to the album version. Very jazzy and again Matt is doing a good job, especially when he plays the break. Very cool. Loved this track.

Alright

Standard version.

Travelling Without Moving

The absolute hightlight of the night. What a great version it is. Very close to the Montreux 2002 one, but hearing it live is way better than listening to a bootleg. Thumbs up for Paul who is really amazing. Later on, Derrick says about it that they played TWM at the last few gigs, but that the versions weren't brilliant. He admitted that this night, TWM was the best one they performed over the gigs they did. Good to hear.

High Times

Nice one. Rocky and without brass. Still feels strange, but the middle part, the break is good. Jay improvising and scatting!

Use The Force

Crazy version! Very hard, very loud and great to hear some little changes in the rythm section. Another highlight for me. It was almost blowing me away. Loud, loud...

Black Capricorn Day

Nice one. The camera was in my face a lot during this track, which was giving an extra dimension to it for me. Still the standard version. But the 'Hey's' are making it cool.

Love Foolosophy

They changed the intro, how cool! Matt is playing the intro, very nice. In the middle part Matt improvises a little bit and I recognized some differences so I put my thumb up to him. He saw it and showed this appreciation. Later on Jay was recognizing the differences and showed Matt his appreciation aswell. Very funny moment. Jay never joins the rehearsals, so when the band is playing tracks a little bit different, he is hearing that only during the gig.
Jazzy version of the track.

Time Won't Wait

Of course the little part of Main Vein is the outro for LF and the intro for TWW. Nice one, nothing special. Good to hear this one and not DU, which I haven't missed at all.

20:00-22:30

"Your face was on the big screens all the time!" René told me when the gig was finished. I never realised that there were screens and that we were on that all the time. Very funny.

Now everything is over. Maybe we can go backstage? Would be a nice extra. Let's wait.

22:30-1:15

We made it! Waited a long time, almost lost our hope to make it, but in the end we've been picked up by Derrick to come backstage.
What a nice people the bandmembers are! Derrick: nice and very funny. Paul: honest and very nice. Sola: cool and very funny. The girls walking in and out all the time. Very special to be there. Surreal. Another highlight of the night.

1:15-4:00

Driving home. Tired. Exhausted. Glad to be home safe. What a night! Thanks everybody who was there and who's made this all possible.
In one word: unforgettable!

Jeroen

Edit: I wanted to keep it short, but I see I failed. Sorry! Wink

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 14:32    Reply with quote

no reason to say sorry..!!! so cool...the time waiting in the queue before getting front row..so thrilling..oh my....i really can feel your excitement..glad u had a great time !
see u in london!!hopefully the doors will open immediately this time... LOL

freaky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 15:03    Reply with quote

Great review jeroen, but does anyone recall when they changes mat's keyboard?
I can tell you the exact time, but..the song...???

And you also did not mention it, no i was not dreaming..i tried to make a pic but it is not of the best quality... Sad
But, i did get the shot!!!

the_doesman
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 16:11    Reply with quote

freaky wrote:
Great review jeroen, but does anyone recall when they changes mat's keyboard?
I can tell you the exact time, but..the song...???

And you also did not mention it, no i was not dreaming..i tried to make a pic but it is not of the best quality... Sad
But, i did get the shot!!!

yes, you can see exactly wthat time it was taken.

This is in my statusbar if I select the image

Dimensions: 2274 x 1074 Date Picture Taken: 13-7-2006 18:49 Camera Model: FinePix S3500 Size: 959 KB

the file knows more than you do Very Happy

freaky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 16:20    Reply with quote

Yes, that is why i can say the exact time. Gotta love technology!!

btw, i finished uploading my pics, but gotta warn you..i did not throw out the bad pics.
Yes i am a lazy girl Laughing

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/nvdpol/north%20sea%20jazz/

I will kick out he bad seeds, in time

And the 4 little clips contain NO music. It's a photocamera not a camcorder

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 16:27    Reply with quote

freaky, i can't see the pics - it's asking for a password Sad

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 16:38    Reply with quote

forget it, it works now! good thanks!!!

peggy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 17:23    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
forget it, it works now! good thanks!!!

Hey Mousie, I have to thank you for sharing the bubbles with me !!!! We had a great time !!! So nice to finally meet some people from the forum, unfortunatelly can't make it to London but will do my best for Lokeren ! And you can surely count on me for the greatest hits tour !!!!

The very proud bubble assitant, Peggy

If you or anyone else has got video material, please let me know, thans.

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 19:31    Reply with quote

Seems like you all have a great time!
Thanx for the reviews. And, the new poncho is so cool Cool

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 20:11    Reply with quote

cool cool cool!
thanks for the reviews! i wish i was there

***STONED AGAIN***

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:30    Reply with quote

Derrick's blog about North Sea Jazz
Brand new entry in Derrick's myspace blog, about the NSJ festival!

Enjoy! Wink

Mouse

Quote:
Monday, July 17, 2006

sorry for the delay guys
Current mood: busy

Hi there lovely people i have had problems with my email server and stuff so have not been on line that much but will be back next week and fireing on all cylinders for real next week, so please just bear with me if i do not answer your messages, and i will continue to check my emails during the course of the week and get to answer as many messages as possible, Had a great time at the north sea jazz festval last week and met some lovley cool people, people there also. The crowd was fantastic though and definately enjoyed the gigs that i saw that night. Looking forward to seeing you all at the lovebox gig this weekend, Thanks for being so patient and speak to you all soon.

Derrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: