jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Rotterdam 14 July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

groovin_alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 13:13    Reply with quote

North Sea gig review
Dear CosmicMouse, Peggy, Miss Deedy (te gekke website Wendy!), Martijn and all the other front row fans! First of all I'd like to say sorry for not posting any message at all for such a long time. In the AFO days I was a regular visitor of the jamiroquai.co.uk forum as Funkin' Alex, but when the new lay out of the official website came out there were some problems so I had to change it, and that made it not that much fun for me anymore. Turns out I registered to Jamirotalk.net a year ago, but never posted a message. Until now! Man, that was a very nice gig from Jami last friday in Rotterdam. As a huge Jami-fan (ever since I was 9) it was good to hear Soul Education, TWM (without a doubt the highlight) and High Times for the first time live. The solo from Matt in Space Cowboy was also one of my favorite moments of the evening. As a huge Jazz fan however, I hoped for a little bit more changes in the setlist (like the Montreux 2003 concert). Still when you look at the quality of the music, this was the best of the three gigs I saw of them (the others were in Rotterdam 2001 and 2005). I agree with you people that Time Won't Wait was a very sophisticated way to end the show. And yes, there wasn't much intimacy, but it's a 90 minute set, a 10.000 people crowd and let's be honoust, this wasn't the best Dutch crowd. We can do better.

thanks to all you front row fans for making the hours of waiting so much fun. The next time Jamiroquai will come and visit, I'll make sure to be there as soon as possible again!!

Hope to see you soon and this time I'll stick around the Forum, because I've had some very nice memories of the AFO days, and especially now that I know some of you in person!

P.S. great pictures of the Jamily!

web.mac.com/v.popta
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 13:20    Reply with quote

Welcome groovin_alex!!! Very Happy

Glad that you made it here! Thanks for your review. How did your dad like the show, by the way?

I agree, I expected a bit more of the dutch audience... but to be honest, we had such a good time in the front row, I nearly didn't notice. We were noisy all the time...lol

Enjoy it here! Hope to read more from you from now on! Wink

Mouse

groovin_alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 15:04    Reply with quote

My dad loved the show as well. The intro from Alright, Space Cowboy Solo and Dynamite were his favorites, I guess. When I got home, the first thing I checked was If the VCR recorded it well and it did! As you probably already know they broadcasted Soul Education, Alright, Travelling (oh wow!). Great to see all of us back on TV (including the bubbles!!!). Unfortunately, I couldn't record it on the computer, but I'm pretty sure someone else did and even if no one did, hear this: I can say for 90% that later this year, the Dutch TV will broadcast some NSJ concerts again. Since Jamiroquai was one of the most popular acts, the chance that they will show some more is huge! Not only on TV, but alo on the radio!

As soon as I find out more, I'll let all of you know. I think they will announce the new TV season in september.

ciao & have fun in London!

Alex

web.mac.com/v.popta
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 15:15    Reply with quote

Follow these links for the downloads! Wink

Audio tracks from NSJ Ahoy 2006

Video/DVD from NSJ Ahoy 2006

freaky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 22:04    Reply with quote

Re: North Sea gig review
groovin_alex wrote:
And yes, there wasn't much intimacy, but it's a 90 minute set, a 10.000 people crowd and let's be honoust, this wasn't the best Dutch crowd. We can do better.

Hey Alex, good to see you!

But about the crowd...jamiroquai and dutch holidays, they to tend to find eachother!
Last year ticket sale started in the middle of holiday season and now..they perform during holiday season......

And 90 minutes, was it that much longer than in october?

groovin_alex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 07:46    Reply with quote

Dear Freaky,

about the crowd: Yeah, you could be richt about that. Another reason could be that this was a Jazz crowd who were thinkin' it was going to be a more Jazzy set.

about the 90 minutes: what I meant was that Jay maybe didn't want to talk that much because he had to stick to a tight festival schedule and wanted to play the songs from the setlsit.

In October 2005 he had all the freedom he wanted (show lasted 2 hours)and talked some more to the audience, as he usually does.

web.mac.com/v.popta

peggy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:45    Reply with quote

Some more pics from R'dam

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (99856 KB) is 576 x 432 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (65976 KB) is 568 x 426 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (115639 KB) is 576 x 432 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

I want to be in London too !!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: