jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Colmar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ezzi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:35    Reply with quote

Nice setlist. Looks like he might be back early next year then if they gonna tour for the GH album. Next year october seems a bit too late it think. Well, anyways, it's good to know they are coming back soon.

And congrats to mum and dad Turner! Anybody know if it's a boy or a girl and the name?

ragadoodles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:51    Reply with quote

clapping YES..this time all was perfect.No grumbling husband in my back(I´m going alone) and the band in excellent mood.
The setlist were dreamlike,the version of each song powerfull,high intensive,Jays voice and performance excellent.He control the audience from the first tune and at the end the crowd goes totally mad.The atmosphere in this wonderful arena were really electrify.
They play funky,jazzy,fresh and wild and they take me into other spheres 2cloud9 This time "I´m flying higher than a pig in space".
I sing ,I fire jump and today I´m stiff as a plank and my voice sounds like Rod Stewart in his best days Laughing When I were back to my car,I had to change my clothes,caues I had no dry fiber at my body.
This gig have convince me from the Livequality of JMQ
5thumbsup .....amen!!!!

VAX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 19:09    Reply with quote

Hey

At last, we are back from Colmar
It was an amazing show
Later tomorrow, Cristina and I will give our detailed review, and we will put some good quality videos such as ; space cowboy, if I like it and Hot Tequila brown....Cool

PS : As predicted, after Space cowboy, we both cried Runawaaaayyy, Jay looked at us, smiled, shaked his head......but continued on Revolution..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS 2 : Jay told us that the next tour will contains horn sections. Actually, he did not say but made a mimic of a flute player LOL Wink

And yes as we have told Meike, Jay let us know that Paul had a baby

the_doesman
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 20:41    Reply with quote

Hey Vax,

You'd probably rather had seen them playing in Colmar-Berg, was a lot closer (I think).

curious for the good quality vids

gr
René

Diamond_Doc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 23:18    Reply with quote

What can I say ? Great gig, great guys (Paul was brilliant...), great setlist... Nothing else to say... Here's the scan from the "official" setlist, though they play "If I Like It..." & "Hot Tequila Brown" instead of "Cosmic Girl" & "Black Crow" (Great choices !), and a photo I took...

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (91742 KB) is 475 x 640 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (112262 KB) is 480 x 640 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!

VAX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 06:49    Reply with quote

the_doesman wrote:
Hey Vax,

You'd probably rather had seen them playing in Colmar-Berg, was a lot closer (I think).

curious for the good quality vids

gr
René

Seems you know well Luxembourg Cool Cool
I wait for their first gig here....maybe one day... Laughing

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 06:52    Reply with quote

Congrats guys for the wonderful nite u have had at the show!

Wink

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

buffel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31    Reply with quote

Colmar!!!!!!
Ok, here is my review, what a great location and in the middle of an exibition! An half-pipe arena with steps so that everbod¥ could see the band! The Pre-group was really good too, and the music before Jamiroquai came, was the almost the same than last year in Amnéville.
This was my nineth Gig from Jamiroquai and, really, they are getting more jazzy, funky yes and more old style!
I was so happy to see them, was screaming like a child on Christmas!

And: I will see them on Saturday in Switzerland! And maybe I will meet Sandriche!

Peace Buffel

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 13:38    Reply with quote

maybe??? Shocked i really hope we can arrange our meeting!! Very Happy see u front row Laughing i really hope we can manage it again Exclamation

Cristina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:18    Reply with quote

So here we go for the review:

Monday morning Vax and I, we travelled to go at Timothé's House (he's on the french forum Strongroom) who accomodate us gracefully!! king
we arrived at 11.30. Waited for the 2 other jami fans from the french forum. And went to the foire at 2pm.
We eat there the traditional "Flammekueche" of the Alsace. (very good) tongue
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (202412 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
We decided to walk around the Foire to digest the meal and because there weren't much people waiting at the entry. Then during the walk we saw that there where 2 entries and didn't know where to wait for. we decided to stay to the first one we saw.
During the waiting we meet Diamond_Doc and his girlfriend and played Uno, it was really funny 2grouphug but i never won irked
Then it started to rain 3umbrella luckely as we were in the first row at the entry we could refugee us under something (can't discribe it) we where only wet at the legs and feet. Kermit the Frog
They opened the doors at 18.50 10minutes before announced. We run but when we arrived in front of the scene the first row was already completed. 2banghead I was really disappointed, Vax and I thought that they surely have opened the second entry before ours.

We waited 1hour then the first group started (La vieille Ecole). As we aren't fans of Rap and Hip Hop music we thought "Oh no". but it wasn't so bad it was good to warm up the audience. jumpingmulti
Finished at 20.45 then we had the funky tunes as usual. good . at this time i wasn't really in a good mood because i'm agoraphobic and the crowd started to push us i was really afraid nervously but i took my medicine and then it was ok.

At 21.15 Enter the Dragon begins jumpinggreens

Canned Heat: normal version nothing to say only that at the end of the song Jay mentionned that Paul's baby was born. 3party
Space Cowboy: The little part of "Hooked up" made the song really 2goodvibes Vax thought they would continue with it but no... 2pessimist
Here the video: http://rapidshare.de/files/29603193/SSA51126.AVI
You can hear a girl shouting "Solaaaa" that's me... offwall there was a guy in front of me who don't stoped to do good but it was really nerving. Evil or Very Mad the guy screaming "thank you so much JK etc etc" all the time was the same guy... Evil or Very Mad i only said thank you for If i like it (you can hear that in the video of it).
After Space Cowboy Vax and I shouted Runaway and as Vax said Jay only tock tock
I nearly forgot to say that they where "big screens" and it looked really good.
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (489661 KB) is 1944 x 2592 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (142172 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Revolution: Normal ...
If I Like It I Do It: Big surprise sunny we thought it was only done for the people that where at Lovebox . Sola's and Paul's Solo very good Cool
Here the video: http://rapidshare.de/files/29630394/SSA51137.AVI
the same there you hear me scream and singing, at Paul's first Solo you hear only Vax and i screaming, and during jay's "dancing" a girl next to me who was mad about Jay because it was her first gig. At paul's second solo you hear me shouting "Paull" and VAX "Pauloo" balla balla . at the end of IILIIDI you see Jay digging, he said he "disinter" this song.
Little L: Classic...
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (156925 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (140319 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Hot tequila brown: Another surprise i was really crazy because i really love this song...
Here the video : http://rapidshare.de/files/29720174/SSA51151.AVI
so at the video don't be surprised to hear me sing the entire song i couldn't hinder me to do that sing
After this song, Jay told us that there's is a Greatest hits that will come and with 2 new tracks, we already know that. and that he will take a break to restructure his head, and then they will come back with brass.... clapping
Dynamite: normal with Matt's solo.
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (143441 KB) is 972 x 1296 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (145101 KB) is 972 x 1296 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (518840 KB) is 1944 x 2592 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Use the force: A rocky version more than the version we had last year.
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (137159 KB) is 972 x 1296 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (155709 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (182332 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Black capricorn day: supersonic white
Travelling without moving: It was the dream of Vax to hear this song live. 2cloud9 . We were prepared with the past reviews of it, but Paul's intro was awesome. There was a cool ending with the chorists. I would have liked to film but had no place more. :2pessimist:So yes there was space and here is the video link: http://rapidshare.de/files/29726920/Travelling_Without_Moving.AVI
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (441602 KB) is 2592 x 1944 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (113353 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (130625 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality! Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (132658 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Love Foolosophy: New intro, calmer

Time won't wait:
Classic

Don't Give hate a chance:
long version, long ending with chorists. clapping

Alright: there was no intro

Deeper underground:
2shocking

After the gig, i sended the final setlist to Meike, we sat outside the "theatre", talking, we were exhausted, with pain in the legs ,no good voice, but it is worse 2fight

as you can see at this photo we where still wet.
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (167733 KB) is 1296 x 972 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
Cristina, Timothé, Xavier, Marlène, Alex

That's it. For my opinion it was my best gig til now comparing with Amneville 05 (we weren't front row) and Bruxelles 05. i cannot compare with La cigale Paris 05 because it was my first gig so love5

Last edited by Cristina on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:07; edited 6 times in total

FRA
Jamily Coach & Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:22    Reply with quote

what a great emotion!
Thank u all for pix and reviews!

I'm very happy for u cristina Wink

http://www.myspace.com/frajamiroquaiaddicted
www.jamitaly.altervista.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:28    Reply with quote

Wohooo!!! bounce I love reading reviews!!! Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, pics and videos...

Cristina, great team work with the setlist! good

Thanks!!! Very Happy

Meike

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:51    Reply with quote

Cristina wrote:
Space Cowboy: The little part of "Hooked up" made the song really 2goodvibes Vax thought they would continue with it but no... 2pessimist
Here the video: http://rapidshare.de/files/29603193/SSA51126.AVI
You can hear a girl shouting "Solaaaa" that's me... offwall

Just watching the video!! Very special version of Space Cowboy with Hooked up!!! Love it!! biglove

Mouse

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 16:16    Reply with quote

Shocked
the transition from space cowboy to hooked up sounds so extrange, but the hooked up interlude is just great! and the backing agai to space cowboy too!!!! Very Happy

***STONED AGAIN***

Cristina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 16:31    Reply with quote

Hi

I just edited my review
You will found now the "If I like it..." video

Tomorrow I will add "Hot tequila Brown"

Enjoy.... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> The Dynamite Tour All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: