jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

High Times - Japan release with Bonus DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 17:22    Reply with quote

On the funkin news it says that the edition with the DVD will be released by SONY-BMG so maybe we can get it here in Argentina Very Happy

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 23:22    Reply with quote

mr.az wrote:
ObiWanFunky wrote:

lets keep the faith, sony always realease here, the same as UK.....but with our 'less' quality of sound....

we hope the sam as uk...dynamite dont have time wotn wait, i listen yesterday and was great...and deeper underground is not in my sinkronized release in argentina... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
we hope so Rolling Eyes Arrow Question

TWM is also different in Argentina - no Funktion, and you get the cool extra backing vocals in High Times ('Last night changed it all!') which, believe it or not, aren't present on the UK version.

And ROTSC has a different track order (our version begins with Just Another Story and ends with Space Cowboy, in Argentina it's the other way round - or at least Noe's copy is).

So in fact, you hardly ever get the same versions as us...

and DrPhunk, the problem I had with Live in Verona (and I was one of its harshest critics from the moment I first saw it) is that the song order is cut-and-shifted-around for absolutely no reason, which spoils the flow of the gig (just show it in the order the band played it! They draw setlists up for a reason!)... it's very poorly edited (at the start of one song - I think it's Canned Heat - you actually hear the end of Love Fool, even though Love Fool didn't appear on the DVD until a few songs later)... There are too many audience shots (for my taste at least)...

I was just generally very disappointed in it considering I'd waited such a long time for an official live Jamiroquai DVD / video, and expected it to be much better quality than it turned out to be.

Sam

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 23:23    Reply with quote

Gonza-Arg wrote:
On the funkin news it says that the edition with the DVD will be released by SONY-BMG so maybe we can get it here in Argentina Very Happy

Pffff... as if it wouldn't be in every shopping centres in BA anyway! You'll just need a multi-region DVD player to watch it! Laughing

Sam

mr.az

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 00:12    Reply with quote

Samiroquai wrote:
mr.az wrote:
ObiWanFunky wrote:

lets keep the faith, sony always realease here, the same as UK.....but with our 'less' quality of sound....

we hope the sam as uk...dynamite dont have time wotn wait, i listen yesterday and was great...and deeper underground is not in my sinkronized release in argentina... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
we hope so Rolling Eyes Arrow Question

TWM is also different in Argentina - no Funktion, and you get the cool extra backing vocals in High Times ('Last night changed it all!') which, believe it or not, aren't present on the UK version.

And ROTSC has a different track order (our version begins with Just Another Story and ends with Space Cowboy, in Argentina it's the other way round - or at least Noe's copy is).

So in fact, you hardly ever get the same versions as us...

Sam

well, my TWM copy have funktion, and yeah we have the extra back vocals..i cant believe the ROTSC have another track order outside argentina Shocked ...looks like sony release albums with different things and the same name in every place Shocked
yea, is really hard to get the same album as you have(for good or bad) Shocked
AFO=AUTOMATON

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 00:20    Reply with quote

yes, argentinean release of TROTSC gots the order changed with JAS and SC and gt the bonus track light years live (at theatre du molin' in marseille, 1994) and also the artwork is different:
the colour of the cover and backcover are way more grey in the euro/uk/standard releases and more brown in argentinean, the inlay back includes 5 little pics of jay in different positions.
the booklets are also different:
the standard includes those jays in one side, with the lyrics and a large pic of the band in the other side.
the argentinean got bandmembers independent photos along the lyrics and the jays in the other side.

***STONED AGAIN***

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:27    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
yes, argentinean release of TROTSC gots the order changed with JAS and SC and gt the bonus track light years live (at theatre du molin' in marseille, 1994) and also the artwork is different:
the colour of the cover and backcover are way more grey in the euro/uk/standard releases and more brown in argentinean, the inlay back includes 5 little pics of jay in different positions.
the standard includes those jays in one side, with the lyrics and a large pic of the band in the other side.
the argentinean got bandmembers independent photos along the lyrics and the jays in the other side.

I'd forgotten about all that stuff, yes! It's an ace version of Light Years too...

Noe said the same as you, Az! She keeps on insisting that the Argentine order is way better, but come ON... JAS is one of the greatest introductions to an album EVER, and SC is the perfect way to round it all off... I really don't get why they'd want to swap them round, because it just doesn't work as well...

But then that's Argentina for you... Wink

Sam

jamirokaki
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:41    Reply with quote

i also agree that JAS is the perfect introduction for the album, and space cowboy the perfect final.
i remember jay was quite pissed with those 2 songs changed in order and for the inclusion of light years live, he said they fucked the album!
(although an extra song is always an extra song, ans its great one)

***STONED AGAIN***

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:48    Reply with quote

jamirokaki wrote:
i remember jay was quite pissed with those 2 songs changed in order and for the inclusion of light years live, he said they fucked the album!

Then why did they do it, exactly?

Oh, erm, thread title... sorry for going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY offtopic, everyone! Blame Gonza and Azzie... yeah... that'll get me out of it... 2shhh

Sam

Marina
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 04:06    Reply with quote

mr.az wrote:

well, my TWM copy have funktion, and yeah we have the extra back vocals..

exactly Very Happy

jamirokaki wrote:

exactly! Wink i can confirm that

Gonza-Arg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 04:23    Reply with quote

Samiroquai wrote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY offtopic, everyone! Blame Gonza and Azzie... yeah... that'll get me out of it... 2shhh

Sam

LOL
sorry! hahaha

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 04:51    Reply with quote

yeh, here in venezuela we got exported versions of the TROTSC, so, there you know what are the differences...
and, luckily, argentinean got the special edition TWMs with both Funktion and Do you know where you're coming from... who are the second album UK release....
i got the mexican release, funktion only, and the-no-scratched version of High Times... and i got a second TWM, the american release, with Do you know, no Funktion, and High Times with the "Last Night changed it all" scratch.

what i can say is that i love my TROTSC with Space Cowboy at the beggining, the order is so amazing! and at the end there's Light Years live in Marseille!

jamirokaki wrote:

that's the way the american release is! now i want to find the other version with the pic of the guys! i remember i was in a music store, saw that version of the album, and i didn't bought it... big mistake!

i just can say i'm obsessed and fell in love with my three babies! EOPE, TROTSC and TWM!

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:56    Reply with quote

FunkEducation wrote:
and, luckily, argentinean got the special edition TWMs with both Funktion and Do you know where you're coming from... who are the second album UK release....

That's the most annoying thing about different releases, for me - only some of the UK TWMs had DYKWYCF on, so I've only ever had it on a 'pirated' CD, never in really high quality... gah.

Sam

Cesar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 16:05    Reply with quote

Samiroquai wrote:
That's the most annoying thing about different releases, for me - only some of the UK TWMs had DYKWYCF on, so I've only ever had it on a 'pirated' CD, never in really high quality... gah.
Sam

You probably won't be interested, but here it goes.
The Brazilian edition of TWM comes with both Funktin and DYKWYCF. Get one and you'll find them there.

deesh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:54    Reply with quote

I meant to post this yesterday and forgot...not sure if you guys saw this (there are so many topics on this release, I get easily confused), but the Japanese DVD tracklisting has been revealed...RUNAWAY is included:

CD Japan http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EICP-681

Tower "Bankrupt" Records: http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitemap/CSfCardMain.jsp?GOODS_NO=991293&GOODS_SORT_CD=101

. When You Gonna Learn (Emergency From Planet Earth)
2. Too Young To Die (Emergency From Planet Earth)
3. Blow Your Mind (Emergency From Planet Earth)
4. Emergency On Planet Earth (Emergency From Planet Earth)
5. Space Cowboy (The Return Of The Space Cowboy)
6. Virtual Insanity (Travelling Without Moving)
7. Cosmic Girl (Travelling Without Moving)
8. Alright (Travelling Without Moving)
9. High Times (Travelling Without Moving)
10. Deeper Underground
11. Canned Heat (Synkronized)
12. Little L (A Funk Odyssey)
13. Love Foolosophy (A Funk Odyssey)
14. Corner Of The Earth (A Funk Odyssey)
15. Feels Just Like It Should (Dynamite)
16. 7 Days In Sunny June (Dynamite)
17. (Don't) Give Hate A Chance (Dynamite)
18. Runaway (new track)
19. Radio (unreleased track)
20. Half The Man (The Return Of The Space Cowboy) [bonus track for Japan]
21. [DVD] Too Young To Die (music video)
22. [DVD] Emergency On Planet Earth (music video)
23. [DVD] Space Cowboy (music video)
24. [DVD] Half The Man (music video)
25. [DVD] Virtual Insanity (music video)
26. [DVD] Cosmic Girl (music video)
27. [DVD] Deeper Underground (music video)
28. [DVD] Canned Heat (music video)
29. [DVD] Little L (music video)
30. [DVD] Love Foolosophy (music video)
31. [DVD] Feels Just Like It Should (music video)
32. [DVD] 7 Days In Sunny June (music video)
33. [DVD] Runaway (music video)

jamfan2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 13:08    Reply with quote

this must be the bonus DVD included with the CD exclusive to Japan. The actual High Times Singles DVD will have all 25 music videos on it (Runaway not included, according to sources)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> High Times: Singles 1992-2006 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: