jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Blow Your Mind (Extended Version)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Queen_Of_Funk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 20:08    Reply with quote

Blow Your Mind (Extended Version)
Just finished listening to this song & it has to be said.....I want this song to be played at my wedding! lol LOL

But seriously how funkin grr88 is this song? All the elements of this song sound amazing......

* the words-the way they are sung......there's roughly 2.5 seconds in between before Jay sings his next word......think it's called scats!

*jay's voice- very smooth & he adds a bit of character to certain phrases, such as......"Help me wipe the sweat away from my brow.....say it again, just one more time i've got to know, how you came to blow my mind...." & at 03:20 onwards when Jay sings his "duduna-duduna-dududu....duladu......dunudunu....." part, along with those horns playing so well together, with him.....i mean how ingenious is that? pphhhwwoooaaarr.......lol....LOL

* the instruments - at 04.37 onwards, when the instrumentals play their solo part (i miss those tears !) , the music is more melodic, smooth & laid-back!

It's just amazing, the way everything fits so well together!

Has to be one of my all time favourite jamiroquai songs!***F*A*N*T*A*B*U*L*O*U*S***!! clapping clapping :clap:

the video is very laid-back.....you see the members of the band just chillin & playing their instruments...and i'm pretty sure i spot a Mr Simon Bartholomew from The Brand New Heavies in the vid, too.

so what does everyone think of this classic song? :)

Ciao all!

Freddie Hg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 04:50    Reply with quote

I have to agree with you on BYM......can't really go any further with the definition of perfection!

I'm curious.....what is that single you've got at the bottom of your post (she's like honey)? I've never seen that before! Is that a song?

Cheers.

P.S.~ just downloaded BULLET, and I have to say, why wasn't this on an album?????

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 17:22    Reply with quote

Blow Your Mind (extended version actually exists)?!?
buffaloman_B Hello everyone, :bm_b:

The weather only gets more and more annoying, snow today, gone tomorrow, then returns the next day in a larger quantity, I hate winter! Now... irked with my detastement for nature out of the way, ah yes, I love the track "Blow Your Mind", probably the best video featuring the whole band together in one place. I'm kind of surprised, Queen Of Funk, I didn't realize that a extended version existed, I didn't see it on the Et Cetera part of the Digital Discography on Jamiroquai.com (Section of the Discography that lists all the Jam songs that are rare and what CDs to get them on). The only Extended versions of Jam songs at exist I know of are: EOPE, Too Young to Die, If I Like It I'll Do it (Never found it!), Soul Education, Feels So Good+Twenty Zero One+Love Foolosophy (These three are on the UK Test Pressinbg of AFO) and others I can't think of offhand. Please reply Oh Queen of the Funk Jamiro-Chatter Grandeur and let me know where you got this rarity. Thanks for listening and the usual props to CosmicMouse and Bear! Peace and take care!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

------------------------------------------------------------
tock tock JAMIROFAN'S FEELINGS ABOUT SNOW tock tock
Before I start the tiring and boring process of clear-
ing off my car of snow, a take a second to jump and
smash very little morsel of snow within the view and
laugh like a over excitied monkey at the smashed
remnants of winter.... scream ...please excuse me, I
hate this time of year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 17:55    Reply with quote

Hi Jamirofan,

I think, "the Queen" is talking about the version Blow Your Mind - part 1 and 2 which is 8:35 min long and which you can find on several single releases of BYM, for example the UK release, the japanese release or the australien release. (Correct me if I am wrong, Stella...)

I totally agree with you, Queen_Of_Funk! That's one of my all-time-favourites tracks from Jamiroquai.

What a nice idea to play it at a wedding... 2 Kissing ...too late or me, though. But I remember that I recorded this track on the first tape I made for my husband - right at the beginning of our relationship... 2cloud9

CosmicMouse

Queen_Of_Funk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 20:12    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
I think, "the Queen" is talking about the version Blow Your Mind - part 1 and 2 which is 8:35 min long and which you can find on several single releases of BYM, for example the UK release, the japanese release or the australien release. (Correct me if I am wrong, Stella...)

correct, Meike! Smile sorry jamirofan, i thought i clarified myself when i typed in, "extended version"! my bad! Crying or Very sad

to Meike........how did your husband react to "Blow Your Mind"? could he relate to it? :)

to Freddie......i don't know about the single...i only attached it to my signature because the buffalo suited with the lil' black girl! :mrgreen:

to jamirofan.....sorry, again....my mistake! 2banghead doohh....Stella! doohhity,doohh! lol

G3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 20:34    Reply with quote

Re: Extended versions
JamiroFan2000 wrote:
Extended versions (...) Feels So Good+Twenty Zero One+Love Foolosophy (These three are on the UK Test Pressing of AFO)

Wow, I would love to hear the extended versions of these tracks! How can that be arranged? I have never seen any test pressings of AFO anywhere - only in-house CD-R copies from Sony, and they don't have these tracks. Do you have any mp3's?

All these extended versions; what are they actually ( -- apart from those that are remixes, which is a totally different issue)? Are they really the full-lenght songs in their original lenghts, of which we only get edits on the official albums (a good explanation, since they are on the test pressings)? Or are they 'electronically' extended songs with previously recorded extra parts added in? Or have the band actually re-recorded a longer version the song?

Do you have any opinions?

/Martin

smellbob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 02:54    Reply with quote

Are you all saying that your EOPE albums only have part 1 on it? I did'nt know that! Mine has both parts!, unless I've read this incorrectly and you do have both parts... If that is true that means I've gotten 2 bonus songs that you all did'nt get. 1. my TWM has funktion 2. according to all of you (I think) my EOPE hase both parts of BYM and yours don't. Am I just mistaken? I know I'm rambling on and on and on and on

IS THIS TRUE? TELL ME, SOMEONE! Shocked

Freddie Hg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 06:23    Reply with quote

I've got both parts of BYM on my EOPE too (it's 8:32 long). I thought that's how all the albums are. If not, I'm sorry you've missed out!

That single at the bottom of the Queen's post baffles me. Where did it come from?

smellbob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 19:08    Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Queen_Of_Funk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 20:23    Reply with quote

Freddie Hg wrote:
That single at the bottom of the Queen's post baffles me. Where did it come from?

i'm curious, also freddie! 2scratchchin where's David Rowe when you need him? lol Mr. Green

xxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: