jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Calling all of the 80's generation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians
View previous topic :: View next topic  

80's child

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 14:06    Reply with quote

Calling all of the 80's generation
It's off-topic - but how about if all of us "oldies" do a review of the 80's - the 30's somethings can stick up for an era which is slagged-off for the bad hair-cuts, dire music, awful clothes...but looking back, yeah we may have made a few mistakes; but I for one, loved the 80's!

We can stick some god-awful photos in, give our reviews of the music - I know I have a fellow Depeche Mode fan in this forum! We could list our vinyl collection, give some memoirs...the list is endless.

I'd love to see some of my fellow Jami fans as teenagers!

Good idea, bad idea?

Jan

Ms.P1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 14:07    Reply with quote

that was from me
That last topic was from me - but for some reason I am logged in as a "guest" rather than "member"...Smile

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 15:35    Reply with quote

Is it you Ms.P ?? Why are you locked in with Ms.P1 ??

I'm also a teenager of the 80th and I would love to share some memories with other 80th!!

Hmmm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 20:56    Reply with quote

Strange
When I post in here, it comes up with "username" then tells me there's another Ms.P - AAAAHHHHHH - I must have this dual personality thing going on - I'm a schizo and I don't know it Shocked

Well, I have lots of ideas of things we could do. Bet you have some good photos Butterfly-in-June - was your Mum a flower-power 60's chick - giving you a name like that??????

:)

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 07:37    Reply with quote

No my mother was definetely no flower power girl - she was a very normal and conservativ german housewife!! It's not my real name lol (would be funny if it was) Yes, I have a lots of photos but there's a problem of getting them online because I only have a scanner in the office and not at home so I just have to check how it works!! Maybe you can tell me how to get photos added to my mail - I'm really a technical zero Crying or Very sad (is that correct Englisch??)

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:41    Reply with quote

Now you brought me to think about the 80s and the late 70s Embarassed more and more things come into my mind... For me the 80s were the time of peace movement, feminist movement adn anti-nuclear-power movement. At the beginning of the 80s times were very political in Germany. A new government has to be voted and a very very conservativ Bavarian wanted to become Federal Chancellor - so there was also a movement against him!! We all wore buttons to show our opinion and we felt very political . Wink

When I take a look at my old vinyl records I find things like Beatles, John Lennon, George Harrison, James Brown, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Alan Parsons Project, Eagles, Manfred Man, Stevie Wonder, Cat Stevens (some don't fit together, I know) and much of the German stuff from this time (it was called "neue deutsche Welle" with groups like Extrabreit, Fehlfarben, Ton Steine Scherben, Nina Hagen, BAP).

Do you remember these groups in the charts like Adam and the Ants, Catchagoogoo, Cindy Lauper, Depeche Mode - Madonna "like a virgin" lol

Anyone else who can tell a story.... (probably you are a bit too young Wink )

4butterfly

*~jazza's funked~*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:59    Reply with quote

hi!
oh mi god, this topic!! okay i may not be in my 30s but i am old enough to remember growing up in them!! yeah the daggy clothes (whoever thought fluro was COOL?? whatta shocker) and SHOULDER PADS (lord please help my mother!!) hmm but i reckon the music was pretty cool for a girl to grow up in!! lets see yeah i agree CYndi lauper!! (uh huh...) and martika???? and ummm Wham! and movies like dirty dancing (did that come out in the eighties???) and lots of michael jackson in his "on the way to a new me" phase in thriller and bad.... i'd say eighties music was pretty cool to me at the time and brings back great memories now, but i wish i grew up in the 70s!!! that would have been mad!! and wait, i was into vanessa paradis....(hey she cool, don't bag her she was my first record!! joe le taxi!!) Embarassed Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Butterfly in June

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 13:52    Reply with quote

I alway hated dirty dancing - uahhhg Patrick Swazy Mad my friends loved him..... Yes Vanessa Paradis was nice, I loved Joe le taxi too - now if you think that she has 2 children with Jonny Depp Wink not too bad for her.
Growing up in the 70s was not that cool.... think of groups like Suzi Quatro and Sweet and Smokey and Sailor and Status Quo (ok they are still alive lol)

*~jazza's funked~*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 01:51    Reply with quote

yeah hey!!
what was with the hoo ha with patrick swayze??? ugh, hmmm well okay i'll take ur word for it butterfly!! about the seventies (suzi quatro....hahaha) anymore damage stories with the eighties anyone else??? Laughing

Ms.P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 16:04    Reply with quote

Dirty Dancing...
I loved that film Smile, especially the end...sigh..but was that the 80's?

Endless Love - watched that as a teenager and the Karate Kid movies, my first "proper" boyfriend, when I was 15, I thought he looked like Ralph Macchio ( ? ). Wonder what he looks like now???? Ex-boyfriend and not Ralph!

"The Outsiders" that was another good film, me and my best friend would hire out the video and sit and cry every time at the ending..."stay golden" Crying or Very sad

My music taste; well judging by the singles I bought (Albums stuck in Mother's loft), my music taste was all over the show - I have some Prince, Michael Jackson, Shalamar, Madness (most of the 7inches), Yazoo, Stevie Wonder, Fun Boy Three, The Specials...and more. I loved the single's sleeves - I'll scan my favourites in.

Well..I think I'd better go and hunt some awful photos out!

Marianita

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 20:25    Reply with quote

The 80's
You forgot something about those years.
Village People!!!!!! ja ja ja, I hated them, what terrible they weren't for me.
Ja ja ja.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Music & Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: