jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

how smart is Jay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

KennyAkira

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 21:57    Reply with quote

You're right Jonas good
...your words show that you've also got a great dosage of intellingence and wisdom !!! Wink

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:09    Reply with quote

Space Clav wrote:
With that said I think Jay comes across as a bright bloke (smarter than average) with a healthy dosage of knowledge and wisdom as well as a big chunk of talent.

I love that conclusion Laughing

Leonor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 22:05    Reply with quote

I would rather ask instead: Is he a wise man? You could have a big brain but the point is if you are wise enough to use it properly. In my point of view Jay is a wise man, and the best of him is about to come. (sorry for my bad english )
Love
Leonor

michelita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 02:34    Reply with quote

off course he is smart.. clever...i mean ...have you ever pay atention to his songs.... what about the lirics?.... Mad i cant belive this topic...

mr.az

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 14:35    Reply with quote

jay is smart, i think he find in the music a way to live and share his feelings with the world and now is a ''work'' but i think he never forget the band starts when he found the ''soul education'' with the music.
even when he have a drug adicction-yeah he's wrong in this-and after 2002 he try to stop, always the liycs in the songs and the interviews show that he's not a fool(except the fact he have bad times when nobody stop him to the drug adicction...we wish he dont comeback)and i must recognize he have influence on me because his car passion...i mean, even when now he dont like to talk so much anymore(because was over exposed in the media)about cars now, i think i must give a big thanks to the whole band because the albums...even when now some members left the band.
so, he's smart, at least he alwasy try to put in the songs what he believes and are always deeper, i mean, he know what he wanna share with the world..even when only the fans listen to the band(and now the world think the band will not play anymore Rolling Eyes ...a misundesrtood that at least was clear in the official site after that news...)
i dont know how, but since i see and listen the first jamiroquai songs in tv in 1997 i think i've found something special...and even when i love the 1997 era, i must recognize the jazz cafe show was really good, was special¡¡¡¡¡¡

so, i cant think in jay without jamiroquai
AFO=AUTOMATON

MissyM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 03:05    Reply with quote

Not very smart sometimes when he adds alcohol to the equasion obviously.. see the latest article from funkin and u get the picture re law suit. Confused ..

romeoblunt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 16:11    Reply with quote

Re: how smart is Jay?
Zilali wrote:
I was talking to a friend yesterday and the subject of intelligence and musicians came up.......................

My friend on the other hand argued that that was no guarantee of intelligence. He thought that Jamiroquai was a product - you sign up with a record company and they assign smart people to manage your career and as long as you stay with the program you are o.k. Plus he deducted points because Jay can't play any instruments.

If your freind deducted points because JK doesn`t play instruments then he is talking about artistic intellegence isn`t he.

When was the last time you bought a download or CD because the artist had a degree in botany or grade 8 piano ? Do you by Liberace or richard clayderman records because of the standard of piano playing ? When was the last time you heard a spud bustin track on the radio and thought to yourself `UMmm i better check that the singer can play a sh*tload of instrumensts` before you went out bought it ? .

The fact is some people don`t like JK and find him irritating. That being the case they wouldn`t really be in a position to judge his intellegence because they would restrict the amount of time that they were exposed to the artist.

I have several musician freinds who have met JK and even the ones who really dig him took the p*ss out of him when they met him !

My freind is Japanesse, he loves Jamiroquai. He went to a gig in L.A. when he met JK after the show he said `I came all the way from Japan to see you play` Jay Kay said `really thats great` Then my freind said `No. not really, I live in L.A. i study at drumtech` !

Another friend who can`t stand Jamiroquai met JK in a Pub in Ealing and he actualy said to him something to the tune of. `HI my name`s Ian, I just wanted you to know that I don`t like your band at all its rubbish`.

But he actualy bothered to introduce himself ,,,, like,, hi, im so and so,, u suck.

Lot of jealousy I would say.

please visit me at www.cybernought.com and sign the guestbook for goodness sake.

Only if you think its intellegent though

surprise

Jamirocat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 03:50    Reply with quote

It's obvious to me he's above average intelligence and while playful and fun at times, he can also be quite deep.

As for the cybernaught website, I can't log in due to don't have adobe ..and don't have a pc at home so have to do everything on work pcs or at the library.

dynamite_love

Location: This town deserves a better class of criminal, and im gonna give it to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 14:04    Reply with quote

jay is smart... what kind of question is that ?

he chose all those cars that he has, he made so many excellent songs with the band, he speaks of the planet in several of their songs, of the what is happening in the world.

i dont think he is a fool..

jamirotrance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 01:58    Reply with quote

mr.az wrote:
jay is smart, i think he find in the music a way to live and share his feelings with the world and now is a ''work'' but i think he never forget the band starts when he found the ''soul education'' with the music.

The music is the only way, he can explain his ideas and points of view about the world where he and we living everyday....i don't figure myself Jay as another art like the music...more than a wise boy he's a lucky boy with excellent voice

Zsofita

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56    Reply with quote

According to me Jay a most reasonable man and may not be so much idiotic because of that. Laughing Embarassed Sometimes a little bit mad, but it is needed. Wink I do not understand it only, that it why trouble, if somebody cannot play a some kind of musical instrument. Confused There is not a singer who is not top notch. In that direction the musicians of genius are there otherwise. Rolling Eyes They form a team in this manner, each other are complemented in this manner! We admit it not too badly! Laughing buffaloman

crad159

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 03:56    Reply with quote

What grade did Jay get up to? I am assuming he didn't go to university...

Vintage73

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:13    Reply with quote

I think he is quite smart. I believe the notion of intelligence is strictly related to the ability of understanding facts and then come up with our own well constructed and solid opinions and not spill out what everybody says. If you listen most pop stars when they are asked about serious questions they all come up with the same boring and sold speech when most of the times don´t even care or know what the hell they are talking about, as long as they looked good in the cameras. As for Jay, he seems a guy that is able to come up with his own thoughts about specific matters, and have a considerable amount of consistency. For instance, I appreciate his thoughts about space related stuff (specifically asteroids), which is a subject I am into. Also, that is one reason why sometimes he is seen as arrogant, because he says what he thinks, not the politically correct speech.
And the content of the lyrics, is unquestionable. Even though they progressively lost meaning and complexity through the years (as Jamiroquai became more and more comercialized), if you listen to some of them, they all make sense, and are very well constructed, and express a personal view.

Vintage73

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:25    Reply with quote

Re: how smart is Jay?
Zilali wrote:

If your freind deducted points because JK doesn`t play instruments then he is talking about artistic intellegence isn`t he.

When was the last time you bought a download or CD because the artist had a degree in botany or grade 8 piano ? Do you by Liberace or richard clayderman records because of the standard of piano playing ?

Exactly, the fact that a musician is tecnically good doesn´t meen is a better musician than somebody that don´t even know how to play. Some people just have an academic knowledge of music techniques and then limit themselves to perform those techniques. Does that mean they are great musicians? No, it means they are great learners. So, I believe music and the quality of a musician, (as all forms of art), is complex and hard to evaluate. Personally, my opinion is that the main marker of great musicians is the ability of building up a tune in an original and classy way and few are the ones achieving those 2 things.

HoneyBee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 05:05    Reply with quote

hilarious! A thread asking if Jay is intelligent!
I like what Vintage73 wrote. Jay seems like a thinker, and expresses it.

How can you really judge someone's intelligence? It's a survival mechanism.
everybody has intelligence, some are book smart, some street smart.
And some people are impressive in every way.
But really, it depends on each person's perspective of another's intelligence.
What I think is smart, may seem unimportant to you. How can you measure?
An IQ test really doesn't really measure intelligence. They're all biased.
Wink

We all make choices. Some are good, some are bad.
But sometimes some choices are more important than others.
Hope we make the better choices on those that are most important.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: