jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

First time you ever heard Jamiroquai? ("DETAIL")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

sneef

Location: Currently in the middle kingdom, soon to be home in Canuckistan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 03:06    Reply with quote

Oh yes I remeber the first time I heard Jami. I was I guess hmmmm 20 years old. SO that was about 6 years ago. I was with my boyz Ettienne, Aaron and Robbie G. visiting them while they were in college. It was a crazy keg party with a whole lot of beautiful boys and girls getting jiggy with the DJ. When all of a sudden this lovely song came on. That would be Space Cowboy. I turned to the sexy DJ boy and said Whoa what would that song be? Please oh please tell me so I can go grab it. HE let me know and I've been hooked ever since!!!! rasta hat Very Happy

That was a fun party....what ever happened to those days?

Cesar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 02:10    Reply with quote

Hey, everyone, I'm new on this MB. I hope everyone's doing fine!

My "first time" with Jamiroquai:
I've been a fan since 92/93. I remember being at home one saturday evening listening to one of the countless radio programmes that specialize in dance music. All of a sudden, the dj said that he was going to play a record by a new group, who was becoming very successful in England. The track was "when you gonna learn" and it was still climbing the British charts then. Needless to say, I fell in love with it immediately. It's still one of my favourite J songs. The following week I bought EOPE and have been a true J addict ever since. However only a long time later did they have their first big hit here with the dance version of "space cowboy".

DIDGIN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:44    Reply with quote

first time I heard Jamiroquai was probably back in 98' with deeper underground. me and my friends used to laugh about the song's lyrics, mainly becuase with didn't understand them Smile , but I assume I liked that song. only that time I was starting to be interesting on music (when jamiroquai started I was probably only 6 or 7). anyways, it probably all started when I saw canned heat on mtv euro for the first time. I really loved the song and the cool video, and it became one of my first mp3 files. when supersonic was released, although I didn't like it at first, I searched more jamiroquai songs in the net. I already knew virtual insanity, alright etc. by that time. on 2000 I got my first jamiroquai disc, TWM, which a friend burned to me. on my 14 birthday that year I asked for the other 3 records of them (it was before AFO Exclamation ). I was amazed to find out that that violin music that some famous talk show radio program was actually from too young to die. and the rest is history...

mrsmoon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 16:38    Reply with quote

"The first time"
Well, really shame on me..... Embarassed i just recognized that jamiroquai is the best band in the world about a year ago Exclamation
i remember that i always wanted to buy an album of them ( i remember spacycowboy) but i never did... since my brother put on EOPE , at his birthday party .... and he gave me this cd and the newest album AFO...
after listning to them i really fell in love with the music! Heart was like a feeling which i thought a 33 year old women can´t have anymore Very Happy
of course i bought the other albums of them! and really i can listen to them all the time, it never becomes boring.... and i love each track jumpinggreens of them! there´s none which i don´´t like! (i never had this by every other group ) really this music just was like a flash, good deep into my soul

it´s only once or twice you´re in line with mr. moon !!

ezzi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 16:09    Reply with quote

Re: "The first time"
mrsmoon wrote:

after listning to them i really fell in love with the music! Heart was like a feeling which i thought a 33 year old women can´t have anymore Very Happy

I just had to register to the board now because you just said what i was thinking about while reading this thread.
I just can't believe what is happening to me at this moment. I never thought there would be a time i would be so crazy about a band that already exists for years!

I knew about Jamiroquai for some years now, so i don't exactly know when i first heard their music, they were just kinda always there and the songs came and went, but i never took the time to REALLY listen to the songs.

A couple of weeks ago (this must sound hilarious for the long time fans) i bought Travelling Without Moving and I downloaded some other tracks i remembered liking back then. This didn't start things off, but then i saw the video for 'Corner Of The Earth'. Now don't ask what happened exactly, but now I have all 5 albums playing non stop (got a lot of catching up to do) and i cannot stop listening to them. Not that i want to...

Being a long time fan and collector of another artist, i always feel sorry for newbies, because they have already missed out on so many wonderful things. The albums are still there but they have missed tours, they missed the rushes of new album releases, etc., and now i'm the newbie that has missed out on Jamiroquai tours and all, and who is trying to become familiar to all the albums at once!

*waving and saying hi to all the members on this board*

Ester

Miranda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 23:02    Reply with quote

Hi, everybody!
It's my first message here.

I don't remember which song I heard first, but when I heard "When you gonna learn" I was 11 (about 10 years ago), I even wondered who is singing? Who is playing this strange instrument (didgeridoo, it was the first time I heard it) What a strange voice (is it a man or a girl? Embarassed)

I had a friend who used to say that she loved Jamiroquai, and I asked to my brother who was Jamiroquai. He answered that it was the group that sings : "To young to die". I heard this song before (was it before "When you gonna learn"? I don't remember). And so I started to know more about this group.

I even heard "Cosmic Girl" ( and thought: I definitely love this song!!!!), "Space Cowboy", "Virtual Insanity" and on January 2000, the group performed on TV, Jay sang "King for a Day" ( it won an award for best site, if I had well understood), this song staid in my mind for many years..., like Deeper Underground...

And it is only a few months ago that I bought all the albums (end of the year 2001)

I know I should be ashamed for not being aware of the group before Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed , but now I'm a Jamiroquai addict! Razz Razz

Sorry if I'm boring Sad

Bye

Miranda Wink

smellbob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 00:28    Reply with quote

AFO hat Well, the first time i heard jamiroquai it was around last september or november, i cant really remember.... but me and my dad would watch this dance show called the electric circus. and little l was becoming more and more popular each week, and i loved that song so my dad downloaded it for me cuz i didnt download stuff much before, and i would listen to it over and over for hours without being bored snore , then the dance show played you give me something, and my dad got it for me, and then for some reason i just knew that i needed to buy the album, so i did, and i loved it, then i found out there were more, so i bought TROTSC and then i bought the other 3 and then i started downloading their songs and i bought the singles : love foolosophy, YGMS, and little l and now i have about 200 of their songs, almost all their videos, and about 300 pictures, i Heart the internet, but not as much as jamiroquai! hehehe Very Happy

DarthBuzz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 16:43    Reply with quote

¸.¤°´¯`.¸ I think I beat you all here......
.....I heard the first ever play on a local London station, Jazz FM. It was early September 1992....if Iremember rightly. The dj,Peter Young or PY the pork pie, a friend of Eddie Pillar,owner of Acid Jazz records,came on the air....this is the first play ever .....he played 'when you gonna learn'....yes he did sound like a beautiful black diva......even his manager said that on the carling programme. Me, being a lover of animals and the planet ,loved it straight away.The rest is history......36 concerts, 43 cd's 40 vinyl recordings and 30 or so official jamy tops later(yes all official, none of that downloaded stuff.....but saying that.....thats the only way to get some tracks) I still love the music as much as day 1.
bye bye for now
Richard smoke'n'jump
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ctx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 23:32    Reply with quote

ok... my story is a jolly one LOL somersault ... I first heared a jami song whilst waiting in a long line at the ladies room... some party years and years and years ago ... I really NEEDED to go BAD One more Eek ...hihi... and suddenly they started playing emergency stoned ...hihi... so I started singing (rather loud) "emergency on planet pee"... lol... so you can imagine this didn't help me much at the moment...haha... so... from that very moment the song was burnt in my mind and ... (fill in Wink ) ... must have been long time ago ... lol balla balla

boogieis4real69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 01:41    Reply with quote

I remember first hearing of Jamiroquai in '94 when a couple of friends were talking about them, but I kind of forgot about it. Then, Virtual Insanity came out and I was like "so that's who they were gushing over!." I'm kind of like Ezzi though. I did buy TWM when it came out, but haven't become a total fanatic until the last year or so. snore

Maree ö¿ö

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 09:10    Reply with quote

oh yeah..
I first really started loving their music when a station over here called tripleJ did a feature on their albumn Synkronized.. I just loved Supersonic and Canned heat.. Don't get much better than dat.. Razz ohhh yeah... Then I went out and bought all their other albumns... Can't wait for their next one..!!!... good

HotJäm'n Crëäm..

SpaceCoffee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 13:13    Reply with quote

Hmmmm Rolling Eyes I cannot remember when excactly I got to know about Jamiroquai rasta hat ....but I think it was trough my brother who liked the music back in 1996 or before. Then I think I saw VI on MTV once and I really enjoyed the video Very Happy . Then at private school smoke'n'jump I remember the girls anxious in our class all liked '4 non blondes' YUCK Rolling Eyes balla balla ..and all boys liked 'Jamiroquai' king , which the girls could totally not understand middle fingers (BITCHES). Actually I liked 'Jamiroquai' a lot better than '4 non blondes' for obvous reasons Cool ..but I would have never admit that to the bitches in my class mutant . Next phase of Jamiroquai and when I bought all available albums supersonic black on the marked, was 1997 when I really listened EOPE rasta hat , TROTSC big hat , and TWM supersonic black all the time, driving to work, at the break and on my off days. Then I forgot a bit about the band Embarassed ..and started to listen them again in 2001..when I bought the syncronized album supersonic white ..and a few month ago the last album bounce .

Queen_Of_Funk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 19:26    Reply with quote

my first time?
well, the first time i heard the artistic, innovative and wonderful music of jamiroquai was when i was 11, at my brother's house! Smile he put on a cd called, "too young too die"! he knew very well i would like this song, esp. the vocal singing!! after hearing the song, i was completely hooked on this single! i couldn't get it out of my head, it was pure genius....the instrumentals, JK's voice, the overall song was just amazing & i was so soo happy to witness this song being performed at the carling gig. wooo hooo! lol

Thank You Jamiroquai. Laughing

dannyev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 21:25    Reply with quote

The first time I ever heard Jamiroquai...
Well. I am fifteen now. (GCSE's this year, damn) The first time I heard Jamiroquai was when Virtual Insanity was released so I would have been about 10 years old! I loved this song. It was the chorus and everthing about it just changed my life because that year for my tenth birthday i got a copy of Travelling Without moving and that was it. This was music. Ever since then all I have ever listened to is Jamiroquai and nothing else. I have altogether about 43 cds, 10 tapes, 2 minidiscs, 5 vinyl (all albums) and a couple of videos. This isn't much compared to some Jamirofans but considering my age and I've been collectin' for 5 years now, I think that I have a good collection !!! buffaloman_V buffaloman_B buffaloman_R buffaloman

FluffyHatGirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 00:02    Reply with quote

First time I heard Jamiroquai... & HELLO I'm new!
The FirstTime I heard Jamiroquai was, I believe, at the JelloBar in Montreal (my city!) and I remember going to the record store and buying the CD the following week. It was almost 9 years ago?!? Not sure. I thought it was Stevie Wonder doing a "come back" but I couldn't believe he had gone from super-duper-crapy "I just called to say I love you" to do this & suddenly have "gotten his groove back on" again!

I must admit his music makes me "happy inside" while a lot of music fell into the "Shoot-me-I'm-too-dumb-to-exist" Grunge category, Jamiroquai was a breath of fresh air!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: