jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

First time you ever heard Jamiroquai? ("DETAIL")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rachmaninova

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45    Reply with quote

King For A Day...you know,all day at the music school...and suddenly you hear something cool and classic at the same time,hehehe it was love at first time
And was very fun to see Godzilla and discuss with my friend what says the lyrics of Deeper Underground,hahaha....spanish people are very fun guessing things like that

Supersonic1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 14:09    Reply with quote

I became a fan in 2001 with AFO-to be honest, it was on a whim. I had remembered the fantastic videos for Virtual Insanity and Canned Heat, so this purchase was based on the past. I hadn't heard Little L or any AFO material on the radio, so this was a leap of faith.

Boy am I glad I made that leap. Very Happy
"...I feel that Jamiroquai needs to be taken to another stage now. It really does. Otherwise, I have to be honest, I can see a situation where...there is a possibility that you become lost in the annals of acid jazz history." -- Jason Kay

missiroquai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 14:28    Reply with quote

I became a fan back in 2001 when I was watching a 'Spotlight' show on Jamiroquai. I had no idea who they were, but when they played 'Canned Heat' I just thought "Wow! What a great song!" The after they played 'Little L' and I fell in love with the song, Jay, and the band!

Mr_Sade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 22:23    Reply with quote

Very early this year, so not long at all.. I play bass and someone was trying to show off his bass skills, he sent me the bassline to Mr Moon and I was hooked, that bassline still gets me, turn the volume up on my bass amp and play my muisc through that it acts as a drum, drumming out the bassline very nice Cool.. I then listened to the whole A Funk Odyssey album and was hooked, I suprisingly knew some of the songs.. didn't really know how, I dont listen to the radio and try and keep away from MTV but it stuck in my head, later that month I bought the Emergency On Planet Earth, the cheapest album in HMV at the time.. really enjoyed it and bought all the albums since then, been listening to them all none stop.

beena

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 22:32    Reply with quote

Well I remember sometime in 2002, my boyfriend played me the Little L video he had on tape and I instantly fell in love with it, it was just way too funky and so bad ass! Then somewhere around then I think I started listening to AFO (we already had TWM for a while) and I would listen to both albums here and there but it was just about a month ago I put AFO on while I was surfing around on the net and something just sort of snapped. I decided to look them up while I was on the computer and found the sad official site, and then I found Funkin.com, and then I found jamirotalk:) Finding the sites happened all within a weekend, and within that weekend I also bought Synkronized, then I was totally hooked. The first song, Canned Heat, did it for me. I could not believe how f***in funky it was!! That whole album is kick ass! Then I bought Return of the Space Cowboy, but I still have yet to get EOPE. Thats my story, sorry for the rambling:)

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 20:19    Reply with quote

The Intoxication of WYGL
buffaloman_R Hello, :bm_r:

Very Happy I'm sure all my friends here on JamiroTalk.net know my story on how I discovered Jamiroquai, but those you haven't heard it, I'll recant it for you Very Happy! It was late 1992, and I was frequenting my favorite local record store called Plan 9 Music. I was leafing through the "R&B" CDs, when on the instore speakers the beginning yiddaki intro of "WYGL" twanged on. My head immediately shot up and I sound "intoxicated" by the udder beauty and majesty of "When You Gonna Learn?", by what I was hearing. After the song was finished, I rushed up to the sales counter with 4 foot high goosebumps and asked the employee what they had just played on the speakers. He gave me a vacant stare and mumbled, "Oh that, just some Jamiroquai promo vinyl we got recently." I ended up haggling him a price to sell it to me so I could further investigate the sound. That was the best $5 I ever spent on a Jamiroquai vinyl, and from then on, I was "hooked up" on Jamiroquai Wink! I hope you liked my story, Wink everyone's "first experience with Jamiroquai" are GREAT Wink! I'm so thankful you all could share your first "magic Jamiroquai moment" Wink! Thanks for listening and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

mtey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 20:34    Reply with quote

Hey Jamirofan, do you still have that vinyl?

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 18:28    Reply with quote

I'm a new Friend of yours!!!
Hey how are all of you?? I'm from Venezuela and this is one of my first times speaking in english!! I've finished my English course three weeks ago and I feel I want to talk to all of you!! If I have some errors writing you could tell me!! Wink

So this is my Story:
Two years ago, in 2002, I went to the Shopping Center to buy some clothes and i went to buy some CDs too. When I was in the Store, I saw a disc with a man dressed in White with an Adidas Shoes, and that unbelievable Hat Very Happy 6wow , i bought the CD AFO hat and when I was in my car the first thing i done was to put the disc on the Player, when I started to hear Feel so Good I was amazed of the quality of the Sound, well imagine what happened when I arrived to Love Foolosophy....

So then I've visited the Official Website and I saw all about jamiroquai, the next weekend i went again to the Store and i bought the previous disc: Sinkronized supersonic black , again in my car I put the cd in the Player, and I was Amazed when i heard Canned Heat, then I heard Soul Education, Destitute Illusion, SuperSonic and Where do we go from here, which are the song of that disc I love...

The story continues... A month later, i bought Travelling Without Moving alright , and I was impressed of Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl, Use the Force (a very Latin tune), Alright, High Times, Travelling Without Moving, You are my love and Funktion (Few months later i heard 'Do you know where you're coming from, I downloaded this one from Kazaa because my CD doesn't have it)

So, later i bough the first rasta hat and the second album big hat at the same time (all the CDs I bought in the same Store), So i cried with Space Cowbow, Mr Moon, Scam, Light Years of the second disc, and Music of the Mind, Too young to die, When you gonna learn, Emergency on Planet earth of the first..

I was in Caracas (the capital of Venezuela) and I saw the Live in Verona DVD, it was very expensive and my dad didn't bought it to me... So i waited for my birthday and i went to caracas and I bought the DVD, ufff, when i arrived home, i turned on my computer (because my DVD is a PC-DVD), and I inserted the disc, first I saw the DVD ROM includes, and then i played the DVD, ufff, unbelievable when Jay jumped on the start of the concert, and i cried with Corner of The Earth with the second camera angle...

Here in Venezuela is very difficult to find the cd's but I easy found them here in Maracay. the only thing i Want is a T-Shirt, you could see the People in the Documentary of the DVD using them, and this is the only thing i won't find here...

Well this is my Little Story, i hope you like it...
Bye. Greetings to all the Jamiroquai Fans as me!!!

JamiroFan2000
Correspondent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 18:50    Reply with quote

Welcome to JamiroTalk.net FunkEducation!!!
buffaloman_R Hello again, :bm_r:

Wink Yep, Mteykay, I still have that 12 inch promo of "WYGL" at home, a reminder if you will Wink. Very Happy Why, what a nice introduction, WELCOME TO JAMIROTALK.NET FUNKEDUCATION Very Happy! I hope you have a great time here, meet some great friends, and start some great new discussions here on Talk Wink! Again, WELCOME FUNK and Peace!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 23:53    Reply with quote

Yeah!!!
Well is a very good vibration (as Jason says) all of this... Is a very nice sensation that I'm doing the things right!!! And of course that you understand my english!! Jejejej. Well Bye!!!

MartinMcFly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 18:03    Reply with quote

I never listened to music a lot.
My first Single was "Lovefool" by the cardigans.
Then my younger sister always watched MTV and there was always this INSANE video where the funny guy danced and jumped in a room with a moving floor...

but I could never read the whole name because it was too difficult to read "J-a-m-i-r-o-q-u-a-i" what the hell...!?

Still I never forgot the video, but I could not ask anyone to whom this video belongs, because I was too slow to read the full name.
Then two years later - Britney Spears got out- I saw the name again! And the funny guy was wearing an other head! And he jumoed from room to room without fearing a crash on a wall Wink

The videow as SOO good - but the song! urgh!
I tried to watch this video as often as possible - but always trying to avoid the song. I muted it everytime.
Still deep inside my soul (copyright: Jay Kay - Soul Education live) I liked the song. And then I bought the album Synkronized. ugly cover! but maybe the songs were better?
Wrong! All songs were terrible! horrible! a desaster! And the worst one came exactly after Canned Heat, what a mess! I decided never to buy an album again!

After weeks and months listening only to Canned Heat and not giving other songs a chance I still had this tune in my head:
badadapadapadapadaa - disharmonic but so good!
Planet Home. The "terrible" song after Canned Heat! it got me!

And then Deeper Underground! I loved the SHOCK when the strings stopped and the rock begang!
After Canned Heat I needed to get Supersonic! So I bought the King for a day single (which had the Supersonic video on it).

I remembered the Virtual Insanity video and bought Travelling Without moving.
Many songs were OKAY.
months later: same with synkronized, they were brilliant!
Emergency On Planet Earth followed - I always liked jazzy songs.
Because of everyone talking so positive about The Return of The Space Cowboy, I bought it at last. And oh wonder - I liked the songs from the beginning. that's too rare to be true.
Same with A funk odyssey. I liked all songs immediately.
And I know that the same will happen with the new album...

Without the videos I would never have gotten to Jamiroquai...

cheeeba lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 20:14    Reply with quote

hey man,so long since you posted..
nice to see you back!

br0n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:32    Reply with quote

Hello... first post! Hi all. 2wave

I'm. such. a. Jamiroquai. newbie. Embarassed But when I find something I like I fall heavily into it, so I'm trying to make up for lost time. Wink

I saw the video clip for Virtual Insanity a month or two ago (I only watch clips at the gym, and I've been going less than a year, hence the lack of exposure) I loved it because I'm studying film and it's an awesome clip, the song was awesome, and well.. Jay is hot. love2 Then a couple of weeks ago I was asking friends to recommend new music for me to listen to, and one of them recommended a few Jam songs. Started downloading... realised how many of them I actually knew... and fell in love.

I've never really listened to music like this before (used to being a rock chick) but I love a good beat and the melodies are just too funky not to like! I'm buying up the albums, I'm fawning obsessively over Jay like a silly fangirl biglove and I got the Live in Verona DVD which I love to pieces. (I nearly died when I watched it, it's SO GOOD!)

so... that's my story. I'm sorry I'm so new! Arg. But yes. Oh god, I hope they tour in Australia again sometime soon... that would be more awesome than anything! Anyway, see you all around!

FunkEducation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 00:00    Reply with quote

Re: I'm a new Friend of yours!!!
FunkEducation wrote:
Hey how are all of you?? I'm from Venezuela and this is one of my first times speaking in english!! I've finished my English course three weeks ago and I feel I want to talk to all of you!! If I have some errors writing you could tell me!! Wink

So this is my Story:
Two years ago, in 2002, I went to the Shopping Center to buy some clothes and i went to buy some CDs too. When I was in the Store, I saw a disc with a man dressed in White with an Adidas Shoes, and that unbelievable Hat Very Happy 6wow , i bought the CD AFO hat and when I was in my car the first thing i done was to put the disc on the Player, when I started to hear Feel so Good I was amazed of the quality of the Sound, well imagine what happened when I arrived to Love Foolosophy....

So then I've visited the Official Website and I saw all about jamiroquai, the next weekend i went again to the Store and i bought the previous disc: Sinkronized supersonic black , again in my car I put the cd in the Player, and I was Amazed when i heard Canned Heat, then I heard Soul Education, Destitute Illusion, SuperSonic and Where do we go from here, which are the song of that disc I love...

The story continues... A month later, i bought Travelling Without Moving alright , and I was impressed of Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl, Use the Force (a very Latin tune), Alright, High Times, Travelling Without Moving, You are my love and Funktion (Few months later i heard 'Do you know where you're coming from, I downloaded this one from Kazaa because my CD doesn't have it)

So, later i bough the first rasta hat and the second album big hat at the same time (all the CDs I bought in the same Store), So i cried with Space Cowbow, Mr Moon, Scam, Light Years of the second disc, and Music of the Mind, Too young to die, When you gonna learn, Emergency on Planet earth of the first..

I was in Caracas (the capital of Venezuela) and I saw the Live in Verona DVD, it was very expensive and my dad didn't bought it to me... So i waited for my birthday and i went to caracas and I bought the DVD, ufff, when i arrived home, i turned on my computer (because my DVD is a PC-DVD), and I inserted the disc, first I saw the DVD ROM includes, and then i played the DVD, ufff, unbelievable when Jay jumped on the start of the concert, and i cried with Corner of The Earth with the second camera angle...

Here in Venezuela is very difficult to find the cd's but I easy found them here in Maracay. the only thing i Want is a T-Shirt, you could see the People in the Documentary of the DVD using them, and this is the only thing i won't find here...

Well this is my Little Story, i hope you like it...
Bye. Greetings to all the Jamiroquai Fans as me!!!

hahaha that was my first post!! hahaha i was a baby those days...
terrible english i had... heheheheh

deesh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 03:00    Reply with quote

thanks ed for pushing this up because i wasn't a regular jamirotalker then..

let's see...i got smacked with the quai-ness in 1994. junior year of high school. i was 16! i had to go set up one of our school dances. you know..one of those where boys stand on one side and girls stand on another side until some song like OPP comes on and everyone goes crazy? well...the dj was there early setting up the equipment when i was there early putting up decorations. he had just returned from an international DJ tour..very low budget one, but he brought back with him some independent, unofficial DJ remixes..and he was playing them while we were all setting up just to test the sound and baam - i was formerly introduced to jamiroquai through a little song you might know - 'when you gonna learn'. i had been only into hip-hop (tribe called quest, pharcyde, public enemy, gangstarr, etc.) up until this point. i ran over to him and asked him what it was. he gave me that mix (it's on a cassette tape Wink ) and i played it over and over for about a year until it became warped and broke...and then i saw the face of mr. toby smith and i was like love5...the rest is just another story. 6 albums later - i'm still here and i have no clue where that DJ is these days, but thank you for that 'ragged, bad remix cassette tape with handwriting on it that i never understood and such bad sound quality that i had to turn my walkman all the way up to hear it' 12 years ago....damn, it's been a lovely journey!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: