jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

First time you ever heard Jamiroquai? ("DETAIL")
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 06:15    Reply with quote

Oh yes, I remember this topic... and I haven't posted my story here - and I know why: there was already an older topic called

Arrow First time you ever heard Jamiroquai

There you can find my little story of my first time hearing Jamiroquai, and from some other "old" jamirotalkers as well.

I think this topic it still actual and it's interesting to hear all your stories - how it began! Wink

Please go on posting in the topic above (follow the link 5up) and I will try to merge those two topics into one! (have to wake up the chef programmer first! Razz )

Mouse

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 06:18    Reply with quote

"First time you heard jam.." and "DETAIL"
Ok, done - this is now a mixture of both topics - Miran merged them - please feel free to post your "first time hearing jamiroquai - stories" here! Very Happy

Mouse

jamilichid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 17:06    Reply with quote

Well teh first time i heard jami was last year *cringe* and i was flicking through music channels on sky, i was barely listening to the music because on that day the channels seemed to have nothing good on em, and then i heard teis weird noise and it was compelling and interesting.
it was the opening to FJLIS and i was fascinated by teh gritty funky sound, i went out and bought the single on the day it came out, and dynamite later when it came out.
I searched 'jamiroquai' on teh web, and lo and behold up came funkin, i found out about the other albums and got them for my thrteenth birthday last year, along with a trip to meet jay and derrick at the sony erricson thing in london. I've been hooked since and 2005 was a great year if i do say so myself Very Happy

REFRESH THIS PAGE AFTER 30 SECONDS AND SEE THIS PICTURE CHANGE!

mr_moon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 19:18    Reply with quote

I was in a science lesson at school..........and the teacher was preparing an educational video for us to watch. Whilst she was trying to get a picture on the TV the 'Stillness In Time' video was playing. Cool And it was from then on i was hooked. somersault

Catalonia is not Spain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 21:42    Reply with quote

In a pathetic album called BOOM '99 where Canned heat was one of the "succesful comercial tracks" of 1999. I was only 11 years old and I remember that I loved Canned heat intro. Next week my uncle gave me TWM album (cosmic girl and high times made me feel alive) and then everything was so fast.

Spanish Cozmik Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 01:16    Reply with quote

Catalonia is not Spain wrote:
In a pathetic album called BOOM '99 where Canned heat was one of the "succesful comercial tracks" of 1999. I was only 11 years old and I remember that I loved Canned heat intro. Next week my uncle gave me TWM album (cosmic girl and high times made me feel alive) and then everything was so fast.

lol i remember that album xD

i knew jamiroquai watching a tv music program.. you call to that program and ask the video of the song you heard in a movie.. and a girl called and asked for a song in godzilla.. bla bla bla and i saw deeper underground.. Smile
that's the first time i saw anything by jamiroquai Smile
it was in 1998.. then in 1999 i bought synkronized and became a fan Smile

jakethesnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 08:25    Reply with quote

1993...Nick the Nightfly's MonteCarlo Nights show on Radio Monte Carlo loved playing "Too Young to Die"...I was just mesmerized by the whole nascent acid jazz movement at the time and that song was the cream of the crop...
We're too young to...
Dooo-do-do-doooo,
Da-da-dooo,
Da-da-dooo-dum,
Do-do-do-dooo,
Da-da-dooo,
Da-da-dooooooooo.

What's the answer....

I guess it was love at first sight

Knjaz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 06:31    Reply with quote

I became a fan in the late '05. 2eye-popping It all began when I first found the 'Lovefool' song on my comp. The name of the band seemed really odd to me, so I just played the damned thing, and I swear, it was my favorite song at the time. I decided to go and check their discography... All 6 albums summarized there. I went to a nearby record shop to buy their complete discography. Sadly, they only had AFO and Dynamite. But whatever, I ordered both albums... I was hoping that I'll get an original copy. However, I've wounded up with 2 pirate copies, one of each album.

I first played AFO, and I was just amazed with Little L. I said to myself 'Awesome disco song'. I kept dancing to it all the time. I played Dynamite after, and I was instantly hooked on BDC, Tallulah, and 'Time Won't Wait'. It was a wonderful expirience. A few days later, I got some of their other songs. I don't remember which ones, and I don't care, I just know I was totally hooked on Cosmic Girl. Shocked The intro to it was especially catchy. Then I got all of their discography via P2P (I couldn't find the albums in my town.). I listened to the songs all over and over and over again - Especially Stillness In Time and TWM...

I had the chance to go to Belgrade a while ago, so I checked a single record store to see if they had anything. They had only 3 copies. 2eye-popping One of TWM, one of Synk, and the last one of Dynamite... They said that those are hit albums... 2eye-popping I love the booklets to bits... Especially the one of Synk. love5

I'm still looking forward to get the last 3 albums...

Marina
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 07:26    Reply with quote

jakethesnake wrote:
I was just mesmerized by the whole nascent acid jazz movement at the time and that song was the cream of the crop...
We're too young to...
Dooo-do-do-doooo,
Da-da-dooo,
Da-da-dooo-dum,
Do-do-do-dooo,
Da-da-dooo,
Da-da-dooooooooo

I guess it was love at first sight

OMG i especially love that part! i remember the first time i listened it (although it wasnt the fisrt time i listened jamiroquai), i was really amazed by it! then i listened to the whole eope album and i loved it! one of my fav albums actually..

laura_JK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 18:17    Reply with quote

Hello everybody!
first time in here.

Just to introduce a little bit of myself: i became such a fan since the album travelling without moving and from the 1st time I listened "virtual insanity" i just fell in love with jamiroquai and now i have all their albums and have been in their 2 amazing concerts in mexico city!

Hope to learn, find, share and discover so many things from this great band through all you guys!!

Jaynamite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 23:19    Reply with quote

It´was 1999, august, when I heard my first Jamiroquai song: Canned Heat, I thought, "That´s I nice one, with a great video"...

Then came in Supersonic, I said: "This band really makes good videos" (Still then I´d never saw Virtual Insanity)

And at November, 1999, the FOX Network broadcasted the 1999 Tokio Dome Concert, and that was it, I finally hooked up!!!

Noe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 03:33    Reply with quote

In Jamiroquai, out boyfriend
The subject line is accurate with the Word Cup being played these days. When a coach makes a change in his team, someone is in and someone is out. I had to be the coach between Jamiroquai and my boyfriend (ex, actually)
It was 1996, and I had a boyfriend for the first time. We liked to go around in his car, listening to music. One day, he put a tape in the stereo: "someone" called Jamiroquai. He had that tape from a friend, who had the original CD. "When you gonna learn" was the first song and I completely ALUCINATED. The sounds were unusual, the didge BLEW my head off. I asked him the tape to have it with me and he decided to gave it to me as a gift.
A few months later, I dumped him Razz but I didn't dump that gorgeous musician I discovered thanks to him. Jamiroquai became part of my life forever (that's why I decided to have the buffalo man in my skin)
So, the final solution was Jami in, boyfriend out.

Hope you like it.
Noe

Marina
Moderator & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 03:52    Reply with quote

Re: In Jamiroquai, out boyfriend
Noe wrote:
(that's why I decided to have the buffalo man in my skin)

you really must show us that!!
great story by the way, you must be very thankful to him! Razz

czendo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 15:53    Reply with quote

I was about 13. I saw video 'Half the man" on TV and I really didn't know who's that guy, what's the band and music... I listened to other music that time... But that video mesmerised me, I was watching this man, all along his head - that was something new for me, and his facial expression... That wasn't my Jamiro start, but I was looking for this video for many years from that day... And when I found it, I was wise enough Wink

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 00:57    Reply with quote

...What Noe 'forgot' to mention is that a few years later Jamiroquai resulted in another boyfriend 'in'! (Ahem.)

I really can't say with any certainty when I first heard the band. I used to stay up very late at night (well, 'til 11 or midnight, but at the time it felt late!) listening to the radio on my earphones, a Bristol dance station. I didn't know at the time because this is when I was 10 or 11 (so 1994 - 1995), but they were playing a lot of acid jazz and similar. That was when I had my first experiences of artists like Jamiroquai, Brand New Heavies, Young Disciples and Jhelisa - but it wasn't until MUCH later that I discovered that those were who I'd been listening to.

The first time I heard Jamiroquai and KNEW it was Jamiroquai was in 1996, when a music show (I can only assume it was Top Of The Pops, but can't remember) played 'Virtual Insanity'. The video first got me on the hook and then dragged me in. After a couple of months I got hold of TWM and played it over and over and over and over again. When it got round to buying ROTSC I discovered I already knew two of the songs - I'd heard 'Space Cowboy' and another ('Stillness In Time', I think) on that radio station a few years before... but never heard the DJ telling me which band it was! For some reason I didn't get round to getting a copy of EOPE until after I saw them live in Birmingham on the Synkronized tour (9th of July 1999), and when I did, 'Too Young To Die' also 're-introduced' itself to me as an old friend whose name I'd long forgotten.

There you go, I've finally contributed to this thread!

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiro-Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: