jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Where to buy Jay Kays stuff?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

SwissJayKay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 13:30    Reply with quote

Where to buy Jay Kays stuff?
I'm still searching for the Adidas shoes "Oregon (blue/yellow)" and "Formel 1 (blue/yellow)"....

And a kind of a tweet hat, but not a too expensive one.... Sad

Does somebody knows where to get in London? Confused
Some adresses, would be cool!

Thanks for help!

I only know where he got his hats from: Cozmo Jenks, Knightsbridge London. Hats from £ 250 to £ 15'000...

A good source for "older" Adidas stuff might be:
www.harputs.com
I've just ordered a pair of Galaxy, which I've received quickly and the
prices are not bad (cause the dollar!).

Ms.P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 16:26    Reply with quote

hats
SwissJayKay

I saw a tweed hat in a charity shop about 4 weeks ago - was only 1pound (or something silly) - was a Jay Kay kind of style one.

I'm going into the local town tomorrow, I'll go and see if the hats still there - I can't recall the make - but I remember it was from a proper traditional English manufacturer of this type of hat.

Keep your fingers crossed.

SwissJayKay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 16:39    Reply with quote

yep, I do Very Happy

Tomorrow around twelve o'clock, I will land at Heathrow.... Me and my bro hope to find a lot of nice stores in London Smile

I have seen that Kangol has a tweed style hat, hope I will see one on week end... But I don't wanna pay too much (as for a Gucci or Louis Vuitton), I don't earn money like Jay does Sad

Ms.P have you any tips for London? Shopps or Clubs? Would be coool

Ms.P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 17:08    Reply with quote

Wonderful!
Wonderful! I am sure you will have a great time in England.

Okay - I live down South - in the country - so really do not know the "spots" of London very well - I know some shopping Smile.

My favourite places are South Molton Street (opposite the Selfridges store in Oxford Street) and Bond Street - and some roads which lead from Regent Street - in this area are very very nice shops like Moschinno; the type of shops that you just gaze in the window at! Covent Garden is also very nice. I think Camden Market is very good for cheap clothes - although maybe a little too young for me!

Kangol are good - not too expensive - you would generally find one of their hats in a department store (like Selfridges) if they do not have their own store.

Also Carnaby Street is quite good for "young clothes" (sorry don't know your age - so think maybe you are early 20's?). This street is just off of Oxford Street.

I don't have great knowledge of London night life - the last time I went to London (we had a Jamiroquai meet) we had a bit of a disaster on the nightlife front - really we just wanted a pub to sit in and have a good chat and couldn't find anything like this. Perhaps, take a walk round the Soho area - or maybe check out what's on at the Jazz Cafe (in Camden). I think you will find all places are very busy with tourists.

There is a club called Strawberry something-or-other (sorry can't remember the exact name) - I think that is supposed to be very good.

Hope you have fun in London!

Ms.P

I recommend The Spearmint Rhino for you and your brother Very Happy.

SwissJayKay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 19:03    Reply with quote

Thank you very much Ms.P Very Happy I will check the places...
Have you ever been to spearmint rhino, looks like a gentlemen club Smile
I hope I will get VIP Tickets for Opium Club. Cause I have won
the whole London week end Cool including a hip club ticket, although I don't
know the avaiability Sad Otherwise we will spend the whole evening in a pub and drinking ale balla balla

Hope my younger bro will take care of me Laughing He has more experience in cities (was two years in mexico city, 20 Millions inhabitants, three times robbed...).

Hope that I will get an opportunity to return the favour, if you once join Switzerland let me know.

Your not far away with your presumtion, I am 25 years old... How old
are you?

Ms.P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 21:57    Reply with quote

Great
oh excellent - you won the weekend in London - you must be made up!

I've never been to the Spearmint Rhino - wouldn't mind though!

Be very careful in London - there are lots of pickpockets - especially on the tubes, last time we were up there (being from the country I call it "up there') Sito (a friend of Laia's from J Talk) was nearly robbed at Leicester Square - lucky he caught the little bugger trying to take his mobile! Don't take the King's Cross tube station - this area is notorious for bad things :(

Thanks for your offer of Switzerland - that would be lovely - I have so many places I want to go and things to see Smile.

I'm 32 and I thought you were younger!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: